RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 06-24-2015, 11:48 PM

rowings farms is on a distinguished road
Default hydro pump controller on excavator

What are the opinions on controlling the hydraulic pump on an excavator? I will be mixing channels on the radio so the pump is on demand but I have two options, esc or battle switch. Tell me what you think

Last edited by rowings farms; 06-24-2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 06-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: hydro pump controller on excavator

All mine are brushless systems 2 are leimbach and 1 is premacon (jung) . I mix all my functions on all the equipment so pump is only running when it needs to. I have a cheap brushless controller that I put on a leimbach pump and it works just as good as the german esc. so I would just use whatever is available close to you.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:19 AM

uktwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: hydro pump controller on excavator

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhog View Post
All mine are brushless systems 2 are leimbach and 1 is premacon (jung) . I mix all my functions on all the equipment so pump is only running when it needs to. I have a cheap brushless controller that I put on a leimbach pump and it works just as good as the german esc. so I would just use whatever is available close to you.
I want to convert my Leimbach 922 to a brushless pump but if my German is correct the Leimbach system is 2 speed and I just want to go with a simple brushless controller, much easier to mix the speed to every thing else, what motor did you use instead of the Leimbach set up or did you get the Leimbach motor and change the controller, many thanks, great forum by the way.