RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:39 PM

mcCracken15 is on a distinguished road
Default please consider!

So me and my girly friend lobe RC period! We've been into crawling for a few years now And I sold my fancy crawler off I been building for years to fund my excavator project. Its been a year now and its almost done but after selling the crawler I only got enough to fu d so much. I had gotten laid off and couldn't get unemployment at all and it was the begging of DEC. Ruind Christmas for my boy daughter and my girlfriend. We've been scrap in by barley since. We even got kicked out of our place due to mold nowhere would rent cause I had no job and it was tuff. We've been barley getting by as is now were catch in up slowly the back child support hit and is taking everything I make at my current job I have only had for three months now. We just need to keep doing something cause were getting depressed. So I ask if anyone could help out by donating anything to make a 1/14 truck so I can have a project with the missis and my boy they both wanna get a truck so we can haul dirt. We need a few trailer axles and wheels and tires also just cheep plastic leftovers anything we can piece together to get a truck and dump trailer going. Anything please? And if anyone thinks I am pulling a fast one I will post our over due power bill for the last 4 months and my check Stubbs that show all the no no ey I get. And even if we can't come up with rent like I this k we can't I'll show the late notice. I just want a family project so we can be a family again and have something to do
Old 05-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Green Horn

hammer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: please consider!

Hey buddy myself and I am sure everyone on this forum can relate to your story in way or another. I am not trying to sound like a jerk or disrespectful to you in any way but seriously you are telling us this sad story and all you are concerned about is having people donate to your cause so you can build a truck really. I think that should be the last thing on your list also your spelling in your text is crazy I am no english major but I do have spell check. Like I said I am not picking on you but myself and I am sure alot of others here think you need to worry about your family and not a truck.....

TONY
Old 05-20-2015, 11:19 PM

GjtBob is on a distinguished road

I will risk being banished from this group, but this has every warning alarm going off in my SCAM alert system. If I'm wrong, so be it, but I'll say this, if you're in that much financial trouble, getting into a hobby that will cost you around $2000.00, by the time you get most of what you want, is the LAST thing you should be attempting, I think housing, feeding and clothing your family, is the FIRST thing you need to worry about, not an RC Semi Truck. That's my two cents. If I just broke the forums rules, I'm sorry, but I smell scam.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:45 PM

mcCracken15 is on a distinguished road

No scam here I'm sorry guys I haven't been able to buy anything for my excavator in a while and I said I sold my crawler just to but the hydro system from magom. My family is taken care of and I have been working really hard to do so. Believe me. But my girlfriend really wants a 1/14 semi and I really can't afford one and she's wanted it for a year now. Plus a nice ring I can't afford yet either. I was just wondering if anyone could donate some useless stock plastic parts so I can eventually put one together for her and my son. I don't understand why everyone's so mad. I was just asking if someone could help. If no one wants to help then o well I just asked
Old 05-21-2015, 06:05 PM

chris deacon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcCracken15 View Post
No scam here I'm sorry guys I haven't been able to buy anything for my excavator in a while and I said I sold my crawler just to but the hydro system from magom. My family is taken care of and I have been working really hard to do so. Believe me. But my girlfriend really wants a 1/14 semi and I really can't afford one and she's wanted it for a year now. Plus a nice ring I can't afford yet either. I was just wondering if anyone could donate some useless stock plastic parts so I can eventually put one together for her and my son. I don't understand why everyone's so mad. I was just asking if someone could help. If no one wants to help then o well I just asked
Sorry to hear of your problems buddy but i should imagine there are a few people on here that have had similar problems to including myself and to be perfectly honest with you i wanted to get into this hobby years and years ago and i could not because of financial reasons and now i am 39 years old and in a reasonably well paid job i can now afford to spend the money i do on all my stuff. Now if you cant afford to buy a truck and not have to worry about it then you should not even consider owning one yet as obviously a luxury you cant afford. Believe me i have been in a similar position as yours before if not worse and if i could not afford something then i just did not have it. I think you need to be spending more time on working on your bills and drop this whole hobby for the time being. After all it is a hobby and real life is more important. I am sorry if i sound a little cold hearted but sometimes i think that is what is needed.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:47 PM

Joe25 is on a distinguished road

In a similar boat now, was in the middle of changing careers (going to college on my G.I. bill) when my dad started going downhill. Picked my family (wife who was pregnant with twins and three kids) up and moved home to be his caregiver. He passed now I'm working to pay the bills he n mom had cause she can't...
So I look at the stuff the other guys are doing until such time as I can build a rig or two of my own...
They have plenty of cheap stock parts on eBay... I can see asking for technical assistance but for someone to give something for nothing?
Old 05-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

If you and your family are homeless and can't come up with rent money, buying and building an excavator shouldn't be anywhere on your list of top 10 things to do to keep your family together. Check your priorities and spell check.

Rob
Old 05-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

why hasn't this thread been locked yet??
Old 05-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
Locked? How about deleted....? this is the reason why this hobby is the way it is.... Its sad and unfortunate that a "grown" adult man needs to stoop to this level....I dont know about you guys but if I were in his "situation" the last thing on my wife's mind would be to build a TOY TRUCK....... what has this world come too????
Old 05-26-2015, 06:45 PM

GjtBob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive RC View Post
Locked? How about deleted....? this is the reason why this hobby is the way it is.... Its sad and unfortunate that a "grown" adult man needs to stoop to this level....I dont know about you guys but if I were in his "situation" the last thing on my wife's mind would be to build a TOY TRUCK....... what has this world come too????
Unfortunately, like I mentioned above, I smell a scam. The spelling is horrible, and his excuse is, "I'm using a phone...". I call bs, as I use my phone to access this site 98% of the time, and my spellcheck works just fine. As far as priorities, I don't know any adult, who would put toys and playing, above housing, food or anything their family needed.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Apprentice

speedy8305 is on a distinguished road

My opinion you need to get your self a place to live and a job and forget the r/c stuff til you can afford it.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
For once I thought it would be good for the mods to not have to look like the bad guys.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-27-2015, 03:52 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

mcCracken15, I think your priorities are wrong the hobby comes second to every thing in life especially bills and keeping a roof over you head,
If your dead set on a luxury item put some money away when you can that way when you have enough it will be satisfying.
Also people want to know more about members when there asking for parts and being a contributing member here with posts will add to that trust instead of them thinking your just a scamer asking for free parts.....

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread