RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:06 PM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magom 973 Track Loader

Magom definitely upping their game a bit. They are a great place to look for entry into the hobby.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:09 AM

scottyk is on a distinguished road

I just received my 973 V2 loader. I got it in kit form but it still came assembled. I took the majority of it apart to paint it since I think that was faster than trying to mask off all the windows and everything. Plus I had to tear apart the cab to install the lights anyway. I think its a great design and it has re-assembled very nicely. I also run a converted bruder excavator with magom hydraulics and it has been great. I did run into issues with the esc's. They are not programmable, and they came way out of wack from the factory, as in 1 track was running full speed when I initially plugged it in. So I am going with a sabertooth motor controller and here is the reason.. The service from them is quick! but they wanted me to send them the old escs back so they can "fix" them, and I just do not want to wait for shipping to and from Spain. The other small gripe I have is trying to package all these electronics into the small space. Its definitely doable, but its been a fairly painfull process of trial and error so far, and for some reason do not want to send me any pictures of their factory assembled models to make it easier on me "I have asked" What makes it bad is that the whole thing went together so fast and easy I was all ready to get digging within a day of receiving it! but the electronics held me back and I got bummed

If I had to do it again I would either get it RTR or no electronics. BUT, overall I would have to say I am very happy with it, 9/10 rating, heavy machine, good mechanics, good hydraulics, nice and quiet and seems very powerful.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Congrats Scott. Post some pics when you get a chance.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:25 PM

Thank you! Here are a few pic's I took between unboxing and assembling. Should have it fully functional very soon!

Old 10-19-2018, 10:29 AM

Got the loader up and going the other day. I haven't taken it outside in the dirt yet but I will plan on getting some video when I do. I ended up using a sabertooth 2x15 controller for the motors, the loader uses 2x 550 motors for the drive with some serious transmission drive gears so it should not any shortage of pushing power. Along with a big chunk of ballast in the back of it. Looking forward to using this thing!
Old 10-26-2018, 11:53 AM

Quick little video of it pushing some dirt in the garden. My phone ran out of memory so the video got cut short. I hope to be taking some more videos soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcwk4xlr5IU&t=115s
Old 02-08-2019, 03:57 PM

bobmorey is on a distinguished road

These are super cool looking and decent price from Magom. Sounds like everyone likes them? Love the combo shovel! Wish Magom would make a metal dozer. Would like to have one of these someday. I recommend the Sabertooths'. They are fairly expensive but good controllers, you can easily control two motor tracks with one ESC for one stick driving.
Bob