RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2015, 05:56 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Criticizing peoples builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
The forum's lack of participation over the last few yrs or so is (imo) in large part b/c of the overall negativity in general... this forum seems to go through fits every so often about how expensive it can be... "why should something so small cost so much?!"

I don't work for minimum wage & I highly suspect the educated ppl who work with cnc machines, have the ability to do custom fabrication, &/or to organise kits or parts for sell, do either. They shouldn't anyway.

The "you could buy a real one for that!" comments are just retarded & don't do this hobby any good.

I know there's ppl out there with bigger collections than what I have with far more sophisticated models than what I run, but they won't participate on forums b/c they just don't want to wade through the drama of ppl judging them for what they spent.

So think about that before you run your mouth about what others choose of their own free will to spend. Not all of us have ready access to tools, materials & custom shops to build whatever we want.

AMEN! Probably the smartest thing anyone has said on here.... since we are on the topic of negativities, since a forum is meant to bring ppl of all ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds, certain things on here should even exist like the "infamous" build of the month.... when i joined this forum i nominated one of my builds and wondered why so many tallented ppl werent doing the same....? I soon found out.... its not about voting for the truck that trully is the "best" or "well put together" its a POPULARITY contest.... its about who you know and who your "cool" with.... correct me if im wrong but its always other ppl nominating builds and not the actual owner...why? Because no one wants to put up a build that should or could have won this "contest" and lose to a truck or vehicle that is sub par in all aspects..... the build of the month foesnt encourage ppl it actually makes this worse.... Mo matter how you slice it, its a "COMPETITION" when there is a winner and a loser so how is that supposed to bring ppl together? Personally when you when its cool and when you lose it aucks but i dont need a B.O.T.M. to tell me how good or bad my stuff is, im very confident in my abilities like many on here are, but not everyone else is.... the seasoned vets have aquired a tough skin for things like this but, what type of example are we setting for the new comers? Just my .02 cents....