RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 11-04-2019, 09:40 AM

Flycop2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Rx channels

Hi,
I have just received my first RC excavator, Hydomek 490 from Metalhobi in Germany and I'm very impressed with the quality however it does not come with any instructions.
I am using a Futaba FG12 Tx and 14ch Rx but I'm struggling to figure out which of the 9 servos goes into which channel? Does it make a difference if I create a new model in the Tx as a Heli or a Plane and adjust from there?
I don't want to purchase another Tx.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:33 PM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rx channels

Set it up the way that makes the most sense to you. With an excavator, your bucket, stick, boom and slew controls will get the most use, everything else - not so much. Start with making access to those four functions the easiest and most comfortable to you. Try it and if it doesn't feel right to you, set up another configuration and change what you don't like, then throw away the one you like the least.

It's YOUR model, and the controls don't have to work for anybody but you.

Don
Old 11-05-2019, 05:33 AM

Hi Don,
thanks for replying. Am I correct in saying that to get the pump to work I need to assign it to a switch channel on my Tx and activate it first to get things working? I read somewhere that the pump ch is mixed with the throttle ch? Is this correct? if so, how is it done?
To figure out which servo operates which movement can I just connect one servo at a time to the Rx?

I thought this was going to be easy?

Building and flying Turbine powered RC helicopters is easy compared to this
Old 11-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road

Not sure, I don't have anything with hydraulics. I just did a 2 minute search of past threads in this forum and came up with a few threads that might help you. Look over the past threads and you might get some ideas. You might at least find a few people that you could PM to see if they could help you.

Don
Old 11-06-2019, 03:31 PM

Hi Don,
I got the channel assignments for the excavator and then put them into my Tx. I then tried the mixing function in the radio to combine the stick inputs to the ESC channel but I can't get anything to work. I have never used the mix function in any of my helicopters before so I think this is where I'm going wrong? I need to find someone who knows how to set up the mixer function properly.
Richard.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:42 AM

I now have everything working properly, Once I figured out how the mixing should go in my Tx, it was fairly easy after that. I must also thank the guys at Metalhobi who were very helpful, 1st class after sales support.