RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Talking Frieghtliner Century Class

I found a truck on the net in the Truck Paper and I had all the parts laying around to build it out of spares I decided to go for it. Now I am not a big Fruitliner fan but I liked the look of this truck and I have not seen another one like it on the board. So I am going after a Frieghtliner c1126 century class truck sort of a plain truck but nice and the other cool thing is I can modd a body that has not been messed with much on the board.

So starting with the Knight Hauler I cut the sleeper down a 1 1/4 inches..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Next I cut a wedge out of the sides of the hood a little better than a 1/4 of a inch

After I cut the wedges out of the hood I cut the fenders free from the cab as so I could move them back a 1/8 inch so the front edge of the hood would line back up but I forgot to take a pick of this..

After I cut the fenders loose I started gluing the hood and the fenders back together and pitching the hood down and this is what I ended up with..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Talking

I started ruffing the roof top out tonight and mocked it up on a frame with the tanks..

have gotten a little body work done and have made the new frame and mounted the stacks and the mounting brackets for them also I have made a new mounting bracket for the front bumber to move it back even with the body. I will get some more body work this weekend...

Old 08-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 08-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK back on Task I seam to have a issue with that when it comes to my projects.. ;D back on the Frieghtliner truck. I have all the body work done I have one more 320 sand left them one coat of finish primer and then color I will have the body done and detailed out by Sunday sometime I would think. Still on the look out for a new Knight Hauler grill "Joe did Ed check with you on one for me?" anyways somebody jacked my rear rims....ED :'( LOL Just joking I have new Alum ones coming for it..I will be wraping this one up soon..

Old 08-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well since I do some of my best work late at night or early morning here is some of the finish picks of my 2004 Frieghtliner..Body and paint is done..This truck is my most stock rig ever I went semi gloss black on all the frame and a really cool silver tan sort of color I will get some out door picks later today..I still have to wire it and order a MFU for it and i have a set of alum rims comming for it but I am thinking of only useing the front alum rims and making bud steel rims for the rear. I am also waiting on a punisher shaft so I can do the double drive shaft with the bearing block..But enuff jawing here is the picks.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 08-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here is a little update. today i took a little time and made some steal rims like Stu makes and want a pain they are to make not sure i will make many more of them.. I also got my cap head screws painted and cleared to match the body i will keep working away on details..

AFTER

BEFORE

Yeah it is crazy but the old steelys did it in the looks department..Now what do I do with the new full set of top cad rims i have coming? I think I will put the 2 alum fronts on the truck and use the rears on my green box trailer..

Old 08-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Just a little update on my Frieghtliner truck build I have installed a MFU in it and to stick with the stock look I made some stock tail lights with Rev lights in the lower half of tail light. I made them to fit a King Hauler red tail light...

Well I got most of the final details done on the truck I have a few left but nothing major. I finished my Budd rims and made axle ends with moon covers on them. Also got the brass CB whip done stock white with red tip, a boot brush on the drivers fuel tank. Got the rest of the decals done are family farms DOT numbers on the sleeper side and waring tags on the fuel tank and I got the MFU all installed and I got some picks of the tail lights..

Old 08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Brake and Tail light

Rev Light

Old 08-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Didn't doug buy one of these from you that was a rolling chasis and just need painted and some finishing touches?

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 08-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Didn't doug buy one of these from you that was a rolling chasis and just need painted and some finishing touches?
Yes he did but I am not sure if he is going to finish it??

Here is another cab i built for Roadranger this one I made the sleeper 3/8 shorter and the roof 1/4 inch taller and the nose 1/4 lower than my first truck.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

Looks sweet...Great paint job Paul!

One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...
Old 08-14-2010, 08:03 AM

Roadmasters is on a distinguished road

same color scheme as my truck was at 1 point. She looks great

Next East Coast Minitruckers Meet:

Arioch
Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Nice Paul another work of art.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 08-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

RAIDERS is on a distinguished road

NICE PAINT JOB!!!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks a lot guys going to finish this one up next weekend if freddy gets me my part so everyone bug him for it so I can put final picks up.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Default Re: Frieghtliner Century Class

Well I got my final parts on the way so i thought I would pu the picks of the modded visor I did for it. I took a 1/2 out of the length of the visor and then I also mounted without you being able to see the screws that hold it on from the back side. So here are the picks.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Frieghtliner Century Class

the paint scheme looks really good and so does the paint job itself. black rims with chrome lug nuts and center caps would look sweet i think!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's