RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Stahl Dozer

Well here is the start of the Stahi dozer and they aren't letting me down they are consistent parts missing. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER; 11-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Default Re: Stahl Dozer

I thought I'd start the dozer thinking that I would get one done but to my dismay once again there are parts missing called TTM and the told Stahl. I should be able to get most of this done if there are no more parts missing just the cab is missing parts I will keep my fingers crossed. Ed
Old 11-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Nice start to a hopefully easy build once you get all of the parts.

What is with the german manufacturers? Missing parts or parts so fragile that they break when you attempt to install. My desire for any type of construction equipment is really taking a hit. For the cost of their kits, their quality control seems to be non-existent which is very sad.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

ED I edited your post to fix the links to the photos.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thumbs up Re: Stahl Dozer

Once again Thank you Travis I don't know what I am doing wrong but I will get it some day not really in to computers any way right now am having enough problems with other things. Ed
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Your welcome Ed when you pick the link from photobucket alwas pick the bottom one of the four it is in image code.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

Looks great so far sorry to hear about the missing and fragile parts sounds like one offs might be the way to go to me then its just the missing parts still need made lol well good luck and i hope things come together for you
Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
Looks great so far sorry to hear about the missing and fragile parts sounds like one offs might be the way to go to me then its just the missing parts still need made lol well good luck and i hope things come together for you
right on Clyde . only missing parts is lack of supplies or tools

Ed thats a shame I've been entertaining buying a few kits in the future , but I'm beginning to wander if it's worth it .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Travis I do pick the bottom link. Steve I would have done something else but I had the money there and what I wanted so this was the next best thing. The excavator worked out good of corse I did not have to build it. I tried to get a 1/12 scale excavator and wheel loader from Switzerland they were very nice looking and a lot of detail but he wanted 10,000 Euro to start and after what I just went through with Bernett I wasn't going to do that. So far TTM is taking care of me but we will see there is a lot of good reports about them. Stahl is the problem can't produce product fast enough and as far as I am concerned the quality is slipping. I spoke to joe before I bought and he was happy with Stahl. Like I said before and was told by someone I am to fussy I guess I just have to learn to hand the money out and not say what I get it use to be the customer was always right but now it the company is always right and we are wrong. Ed
Old 11-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thumbs up Re: Stahl Dozer

Henry not to for get about you yes I should have done a one off. Ed
Old 11-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Jammer-doesn't it drive you crazy to spend this kind of money on a kit to find it is missing parts I would be really upset!!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Modelman yes it does make me up set to say the least but what can I do at this point just sit and wait and see if I get the parts and if I don't it's back to the lawyer. I bought these through TTM Function and paid them through the lawyer so I don't think there will be a problem just wait for the parts is maddening to me. Ed
Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Seriously? More missing parts? That's to bad Ed. I wouldn't be to happy either. Especially considering the amount of money you pay for these things. You'd expect the parts to be in the box! What a shame. I wanted a Komatsu WA-500 pretty bad, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe you just have a run of poor luck going here. I hope things turn around. Are the missing parts something a guy can duplicate himself farily easy, if he had some material laying around and some basic power tools?
Old 11-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Nathan the parts are for the cab for the dozer and the pivot point on the loader and a few other things like both rear hand rails and a few other thing. Like I have always said if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. Ed
Old 11-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got a little more done today had more picks but did not turn out. ED Click on pickutre.

Last edited by JAMMER; 11-09-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:25 AM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Ed, you should have just bought my dozer, at least all the parts are there.lol
Old 11-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Joe I know your right but I all ready had these before you decided to let it go or I would have bought your dozer, I have wanted that from the start. I finally got both of the tracks done now had to do a lot of bending on them to get them to work right. I guess the old saying is true live and learn and as old as I am I should have learned by now I should have gotten them all put together but O Boy. Just got a Email from TTM should be getting the parts soon he has most of them now and will get the rest today, I hope this the last of missing parts. Ed.

Last edited by JAMMER; 11-09-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:39 PM

calm n sedated is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Stahl Dozer

Ed,

As ya may know, Iv'e had most of my dozer customed out and I'm left almost enough parts to build another one. If ya need some parts, let me know I may have em'. By the way, you should follow in my footsteps build one thats stronger and heavier. I also thought you were gonna custom up some tracks? later, Greg
Old 11-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear you are having parts problems Ed. I hope you get everything you need.

Bad luck is fine because it is usually followed by good and the worse the bad is the better the good is.

"No load is too Small"
Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Scott thanks for the encouragement. Greg well I don't have any windows, the inner part of the cab. That it so far for the dozer but the loader is another story I need the inner part of the cab the 2 pieces that go under the steps at the rear to hold them up, The 2 rear hand rails, the 2 pieces that let the rear housing articulate, the axle pins, the 2 rectangular pieces that go on the end of the frame before the rear counter weight, and what ever goes on the back side of the bottom step I guess I will make that. There are some things you can't really make and have them right . Had to JB weld 2 steps because of the once again flimsy construction and because of having to take it apart 3 time to get it right. O Ya the dozer as I am going along I find out there are 2 different ways to hang the cylinders for the front blade and you have to check what pieces you have to see how it is put together of course this is in 2 different places in the manual one in the middle of the manual and the other is at the end. There is one other thing that bothers me the two way tape that holds the rear weight on now that spectacular they couldn't figure out a way to affix that with screws. It's been fun. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER; 11-13-2010 at 09:36 AM.