RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Quick help needed question.

Kind of odd question but what height is your work bench from the ground??? And what type of seats do you guys use??? I'm thinking I'll use a bar stool type for my new bench.

Right now I'm using a computer desk style chair and my current bench is 24 tall and 16 deep. Kindm of small for what I like so I decided that while I build my paint booth I'd build a new bench to go with it.

Stupid me started building it but didn't measure the height of the bar stool/ seat I'd be using so I'm trying to figure out an average height it would be....

I cut my legs at 38 and figured I would just flush the top with the legs instead of laying it on top and making it higher but now I'm not sure if I should go for the extra 2 inches of height or not. If I go this route I could always cut the legs down a bit if it's too tall, but if I flush mount it there is really no easy way to go higher unless I make some brackets and just add some short pieces.

Please give me some input on your benches and seats so I can mount this baby up tonight

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Quick help needed question.

If I remember right, my workbench work surface is 46" off the floor. About waist height, when I stand next to it. I don't have a chair for the bench yet, but I to will be looking for something like a bar stool, or splurge and get a height adjustable science lab type chair. I could post pics of my bench later tonight. Its all home built.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Mine is 48in and I use bar stools.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for the help. I should be good with my setup then. Seeing as I'm only 5'7 it's legs are a bit shy of my waist but with the top on ita about right.

It's not as beefy as yours FHHHStIX but I'm only using this one for truck building none of the presses or anything are on it so hopefully it will work out.

Thanks again for the quick responses

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Here's a couple pictures of my bench. Not quite as big, but still plenty of room to work, and lots of places to hang goodies on the peg board back. I also like having the shop light hanging from above, and I've got a shelf on top for models, and another shelf on the bottom to store tools, parts, and whatever else I feel like.