RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Paint booth build

I know that most don't actually spray in a booth but I've got some extra supplies left from my recent house remodel and was planning on making a booth. Question I was hoping you could help me finalize is size.

Not sure if I should build a stand in style maybe 8x5 or so or a table top style maybe a 3x3 where I just reach in and spray.

Room is not really an issue but only thing I'll be spraying is r/c stuff so not sure if I'll need a big one.

Any ideas or pics of what you guys use would be awesome to help me decide on size

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 PM

will43209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paint booth build

I'm thinking it'd have to be as big as your biggest project. If all you're gonna paint is cars--then measure your biggest car. If you plan on doing semi trailers--some are close to 4 1/2 feet long. Are you planning on taking in customers, or is it just for you? The choice is yours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road

I used to have one years ago. was just made out of 1/4" plywood all hinged together so it folded for storage. Had angled sides and top, maybe 3' wide, 3' tall and 1.5' deep. had some small screw eyes in it for hanging stuff. Did a pretty good job of keeping overspray contained even without a fan and filter etc. Got rid of it a few years ago seeing as didn't use it much.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Scalelover,we have a thread on this topic,check it out.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=1222
Hope this helps!
FGD

Old 04-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road

I'm going to build one out of a range top stove fan-hood. Has anyone tried something like that? I just figured a scaled back one would suit me just fine and be pretty cost effective too. It's starting to get warm now so now is as good as anytime to do so.

- Jeff
Old 05-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Journeyman

Thanks FGD I now remember seeing that before. 1 question your filters mounted on the bottom, how exactly are they filtering when the fan is on the opposite side pulling air out?? I thought the filters should be after the fan to keep the paint from going out??
I also thought that the fresh air filters would stay cleaner than that?? Please fill me in if I'm wrong..

--Dan

Old 05-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Dan,the filers are for the air coming into the booth. Keeps all the dust & hair out of the booth. The fan just dumps outide.There is no sign off paint outside where the vent dumps.
FGD

Old 05-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Journeyman

Sweet the vent out was a bit of a worry for me about having signs of paint. Im planning on going out a small basement window which is about 16x25 so I'll prob end up filtering it anyway just to be safe. Seeing as it's the same siE as furnace filters I figure why not.

Thanks for the info and I'll be postin pics soon, I just started the framing today so I'll do a little tutorial as I go for any one else that may be interested.

--Dan