RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:58 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My Work Train

Word to the wise.... DON'T lose your main fan belt on a cummins ISX while pulling 117,000 pounds up a 6% grade...

On the 10th I was heading out west in Nevada going to the gold mines when going up a grade my fan hub seized up and fried the belt which on a ISX is the only thing turning the water pump.

Well in no more than ten seconds my alternator light came on, then my engine shut down light came on, them my engine stopped immediately, like right now....

Got it in the shop and the results were less than thrilling...

Head cracked in four places... Replaced
Turbo cracked and 2 fins broke...Replaced
EGR cooler melted inside.. This is what stopped the engine, it filled the #6 cylinder with coolant and hydro locked the motor... Replaced
Fan hub... Replaced
4 pistons and liners scared and the #6 connecting rod bent... Replaced
Water pump seals melted...Replaced

So basically if your keeping track

Engine block, crank, and electronics... Original... EVERYTHING else replaced

$30,000.00 bill (Thank Goodness I don't own it)

Now for the cause. My fan clutch stopped working on the 6th so I went into our Wells, Nv terminal and had it fixed. The mechanic had a complete rebuild kit for the fan which included new bearings for the hub. There was also a nice note from the manufacturer on the fan clutch when you opened the box that said "ALWAYS replace hub bearings when rebuilding your fan". However the mechanic knew better, spun the hub by hand on the bench and decided that the bearings were just fine.... WRONG

Hopefully they will have it done tomorrow and I can pick it up Monday.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive