RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough
Default Too funny not to share

Background of the story: I work at a Mazda dealership in Missouri. We (the employees) decided to grill hotdogs for lunch today. Everyone chipped in I grilled and we all had our fill of hotdogs. We had a few left over.

The story: We had a disgruntled customer come in today. He was a little upset that back in april we replaced outer tie rod ends and performed an alignment. One month after that he wanted his shocks and struts replaced necessitating another alignment. He wanted money back on one of the alignments. The service manager decided to give him a free oil change to smooth things over. He argued a little more wanting more since the oil change is only $30 and the alignment is $75. Being a funny guy I intercomed the service manager and said "give him the last 2 hotdogs." I walk to the back giggling to myself. A minute later the service writer comes back laughing his butt off asking where the hotdogs are. Apparently the service manager offered him 1 free oil change and 2 hotdogs with chips. Customer agreed. The rest of the day we relived it even coming up with a how many hotdog vs. disgruntled customer threat level. We even coined the phrase "Never underestimate the power of the wiener." I think I'm gonna get some tshirts made up.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Too funny not to share

That is funny right there. He took two hot dogs and a bag of chips instead of the other $45 he wanted. Heck if you had given him a drink too you wouldn't have had to give him the free oil change.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 07-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

I work for a Honda dealer and we cook out every Sat. You would be amazed at what a free meal does for a customer. I'm talking hundreds of dollars in service work swayed to a go ahead over a burger chips and a pop go figure

And still got a positive survey which mentioned the food!!!
--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:06 AM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road

Customers just don't understand the change that occurs when you "replace" front end parts. Struts are a crucial part of the alignment and are not just "shocks" you can unbolt like a '70's GM product. Especially since he decided he wanted the change.

So, did he eat the 2 hot dogs?

- Jeff
Old 07-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough

Yeah he ate them while we changed his oil for free. Said they were pretty good too.