RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:59 PM

duramaximus is on a distinguished road
Default The coolest thing

Hi all, new to the forums here. I've been flying rc helicopters for nearly 20 years, been to a few model engineering shows, even entertained building a 1 1/2'' scale locomotive. I thought I had seen it all. I recently stumbled across the excavator kits offered by wedico and vario. That led me to this forum, and I have to say, you guys have the most fascinating and interesting hobby! I'm looking for a used bridgeport and hoping to educate myself to the point of attempting one of these most amazing models. I'm leaning towards an excavator in 1:14 scale. Could anyone chime in and offer up some resources, books, etc. in getting started? Also, anyone with any experience in the conversions? Are they mostly plastic once completed? Do they offer the same operating pressures? Looking for an affordable alternative to mess with until I can get tooled up and started. Apologies in advance for asking dumb questions that may have been already asked. Thanks
Old 10-21-2014, 02:01 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: The coolest thing

Welcome to the forum.

Your best informational source is right here on this forum, there are several hobbyists that like to build from scratch & they show their work well in their photos, as well as list the components they buy & where they source them from within their threads.

Joe
Old 10-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Welcome! I like to use the favorites link as a great quick reference for many different aspects of the hobby.

My IPad is giving me grief, I can't paste the link? It can be found in the general discussions thread near the top.

Mario
Old 10-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Welcome. I too felt the exact same feeling many years ago and still amazes me at some of the custom built excavators which you will soon stumble across during your searches. You think you have seen the best until you see the next one. . It's a never ending cycle.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Wannabe

JoseFL10-4 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:31 PM

duramaximus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmys10 View Post
Welcome. I too felt the exact same feeling many years ago and still amazes me at some of the custom built excavators which you will soon stumble across during your searches. You think you have seen the best until you see the next one. . It's a never ending cycle.

You said it there! Each evening I've had extra time I read and drool over the pics! I checked out the conversions and found the answers I was looking for. I think I have to go all metal, all custom from the rip. Stocking up on aluminum block!