RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Hey Joe
I hope the calving is going well and you are getting some sleep ! Have you started drawing up your plans for your new truck park ?

greg
Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, what do you think of this reduction motor? Other than the short shaft.
https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.a...tname=electric
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug
Old 04-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Shame it happened but I'm glad your boom on the 850 was damaged so I was able to see the core was steel!

Really enjoyed watching all your videos Joe. I do believe your project is that final straw the broke the camel's back into me buying equipment. Been drooling for so many years....it's time to start acquiring!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Welcome aboard to the rc constr model scene pigeonfarmboy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I have.

I have an idea in my head of what I'd like to do Greg, but it really won't be a reality for yrs to come... I think I'll have to quit farming 1st so I have some sunny days of free time.

I finally got my package of parts from Stahl last week, now I'm out of time to fix the adt anytime soon...

And I got a package from Vario Germany last week too... at the time I discovered another missing part, I thought I'd get some other parts sent with it too, the long delay has been from waiting on these other parts to be made... the other parts arrived to me last week, but they forgot to put the missing part in the box too -----> this is becoming too comical for words... I should be wearing the paint off the bucket by now, instead it's no further along than the last set of pics many months ago.

Spring has finally arrived & we have gone more than a week now without a blizzard! Might be dry enough next week to start some seeding prep fieldwork. We got flooded out here, the worst I've seen it in all my life. My house is fine & more importantly "the quarry" is unscathed, but my cows/calves/corrals have gotten a little damp during the last month.

One of many less travelled roads purposely opened up so as to keep main grid roads from going under water. There is only one road to town & there were a few times when that one was almost lost. What a year it has been for excess moisture... I hope we didn't get the next decade's worth all in last yr?! lol

I've managed to haul out some dirt over the last month, some from atop the wall & some from below... lots more to go yet... after mud bogging.. 'er seeding.

Joe
Old 05-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Joe, is it time to build an ark?
Later Neil#2 aka doodlebug
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 AM

Ian (the norwegian) is on a distinguished road

Hiya, Joe.

If I may call you, Joe

Greetings from norway.
I have, over a long time, been able to follow your various threads, both on previous Gardentrucking, and now, here. And I must say, the torture test you put those machines through really sais something about the quality of those machines
Actually, the various producers should sponsor you with new machines for testing. I think it vould be of great comersial value to them to be able to document the reliability and quality of what they make.
Not to mention, they would help you a bit in your basement project

I see you actually got something from Stahl
Good work. Here in Europe, more and more people get more and more p... off about Stahl. He never delivers, don't answer e-mail, or phonecalls. When ever you DO get something, parts are always missing. He's only too glad to keep your money without sending the items you bought.
I've even talked to people that has been on his doorstep to get pre paid products and he has been really, really rude to them. Just saying his name is like swearing, now
I was in touch with TTM in Hessen, Germany, about his products since I had a feeling he don't want to ship outside of Germany anymore. And TTM has been a sort of retailer for Stahl. But even they recomended me not to buy his products. They also have problems with him and has even removed almost everything made by Stahl from their netshop.. I wish the old man was still alive. Someone need some real ...kicking. Because they really had some very nice machines. Like the Khomatsu and the Volvo.
Oh, well..
Just thought I'd give a bit heads up on whats going on with Stahl and his reputation here in Europe.

Hmm.. You ever thought about taking up boat building?
It would seem that at times, you might need it. Or maybe amfibious vehicles?

My self, I am building my first hauler. A Tamiya, Scania. But somehow, it never seem to get done Think I've gone totally over board with detailing and rebuilding..
Well, maybe I'll put up a thread in here some day
And yes, I usually DO write a ton at a time, lol..

Have a nice one, Joe. And keep the vids flowing

Chers.
Ian.

Last edited by Ian (the norwegian); 05-04-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 AM
BANNED

Hello Ian

Yes indeed, call me Joe. ...though there seems to be many of us here with same name.

I certainly haven't baby'd anything I have and I seem to get alot flack for never cleaning them either.

You're not 1st to suggest sponsorship & I'd be all for it myself, but "they" gotta eat too. I'd be more than happy to continue to do it freely for just the good service, but I'm not getting much of that lately.

I think few ppl will/would ever punish their models like I have, and nowadays the majority seem more concerned with "details" & "scale perfection" than performance anyway. The manufactures really don't have a need for me to do any performance torture testing.

Yeah, young Mr Stahl's father's good name has turned to mud, but in all fairness, the late Mr Harald Stahl's sudden passing has left Lars in quite a bind to replace his father for much needed help in the biz. As I understand it, Lars is all by himself trying to manufacture & distribute these kits.

My father passed a couple of months before Lars' father did and I know 1st hand the position that Lars is in trying to find suitable help... finding some one who cares what they're doing moreso than "working the clock" is greatly becoming a rare commodity these days.

Lars is gonna have to make some tough decisions soon, before it's too late... either scale back production runs & focus on quality/complete kits, take the time to train a suitable employee or sell the biz. I wish him good luck & great success, I hope he recovers his loss of business reputation & continues on well into the future... I'm always gonna be needing spare parts as I wear out shyt.

I've thought about building a barge and putting one of my Stahl track hoes on it to do some dredging... that would be part of my outdoor trk park someday... which also might now be sooner than later...

With my father no longer and my mother has left the farm to live in the big city, there their big beautiful house sits empty, much nicer than mine! I had it rented out this winter to a young family that I know well, but they tell me today that they just bought a farmyard of their own and now the house will be empty again in a month. Ahhh, to go through the hassle of finding somebody I trust to respect the house & yard.

My parent's farm is the main yard. It's where all the equipment, the shop, the cattle/corrals, ect are. I commute 3 miles several times a day, everday... how much easier life would be if I lived there! But I go there and that'll be the END of the Lil Giants Basement Excavation project... that's really the only reason why I still live here in this old shack of house. It'll be 10yrs this July... how time flies!

Got some thinking to do....

Anyways, thank you for your interest in my hobby contributions and nice compliments. I look forward to seeing your Scania build and hope your enjoyment of detailing it is ever as much as I enjoy the hobby too.

Cheers from Canada

Joe

ps: I can't but help to write too much too.

Joe
Old 05-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Looks like you have stocked up some material ready to be delivered outside house (when weather permit). Hope flooding is over soon, here in Sweden, we had a very snow rich winter but it disapered quite fast since ground not was frozen up.
You said you have been doing the digging for 10 years, how long do you think before done? What will the space be used for when finished?
Dan
Old 05-05-2011, 03:37 PM
BANNED

Dan, I've lived here nearly ten yrs, but the digging really didn't start till the summer of '05. The previous couple winters I moved dirt from one corner to another a couple times each winter.

No special intentions for the added space, it was just a great source of entertainment to work at when things were slow on the farm at various times of the yr. I would have been done by now had I really wanted to be, the last couple yrs what I've taken from the walls I have processed/piled a few times before taking the dirt out. And also I have a lot less free time now that I farm solely by myself, I only work at it a few hrs a week the last couple yrs, where as I use to be a few hrs every night. It's been the perfect all weather/all season playground for several yrs.

I've got a bit more than a cubic meter of loose soil to move out, which I'll likely get done even if I do move out.

Joe
Old 05-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

I see you have as wet of a spring as I am having. Rafferty and Boundary dam have been letting out water as much as they can. boundary was letting out at 120 cubic meters/second and the mine bridge down stream can only handle 60 lol!! Rafferty has been dumping at 100-150 cubes/second to. Rafferty I hear is in some hot trouble, they opened the gates and the cement holding them cracked and they jammed. so Rafferty will have to drain out like Alameda dam. (same problem there to)

anyhow youtube video a local guy took in a plane. very wet!

http://youtu.be/D-oylhHtqqM

another

http://youtu.be/HVjXhzuYBUA

ALSO last weekend we got 14" of snow!!

http://youtu.be/-hzdbQNxXpk
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Stuff; 05-06-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Holy water logged! Hey Joe,maybe if you get your self a 17' boat w/4 300hp outboards,you can get a jump on the spring plowin!
I here rice is a good crop.But then you'll have to get some Asian cows.
You happen to have any pics of the herd w/their swim suits on???
Man,I hope it dries up for you! Didn't you get a late start last year?
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

now all the water from down there is almost where i am. there is 2 dams here Boundary and Rafferty Dam. Boundary is the oldest and is right full. its spilling over the flood level bypass WHILE pouring through a canal into Rafferty at about 150 cubic meters a second and now Rafferty dam is within 6 feet of water pouring over the top of the dam and the spill way gates can't handle the water pressure and the cement has broke and its letting water out at an uncontrolled rate, which is causing more flooding in the valley. those million dollar houses are now even more flooded, golf course is flooded and next might be my place.. oh why oh why did i think living in a valley was okay...
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 05-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

I've thought about building a barge and putting one of my Stahl track hoes on it to do some dredging... that would be part of my outdoor trk park someday... which also might now be sooner than later...
That would be too cool Joe, great idea!

"No load is too Small"
Old 05-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Green Horn

JensR is on a distinguished road

Did someone say barge?

Awesome idea.
Please try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtekLTgEXmQ

Old 05-10-2011, 12:43 AM
BANNED

Dean, I've been watching the news & seeing you easterners are getting hammered with moisture... sure glad I didn't get that snow you guys got last week.

Yep Freddy, another late start again this yr. Hard pressed to get any preseeding work accomplished with heavy fog & light showers these past few days again. Some neighbors started seeding last week, but were getting stuck atleast once a day. I hope to start thurs or fri, weather permitting. It shows sunshine the rest of the week, but that could change to showers tomorrow.

I've been eyeballing my parents yard, what to do, where to build, what kind of dirt work project to begin there and to make it an any weather/all season arena.

I've been thinking about selling the cattle herd... too much of a workload in the spring with calving/branding/fence mending/seeding/ect and this yr has been a real mess of everything with the extreme winter weather. Since BSE of May '03, the cattle herd has been barely sustaining itself, I'm getting paid only a few thousand annually for all this aggravation and this fall it'll be a negative income with the wreck I had this spring! I don't even like cows, I just tolerate them. Since my father passed, I haven't been further than 100 miles from home in 3yrs... I've just about talked myself into getting rid of them.

And if I did, the barn will make a great area for a trk park of 36 x 72. Although it's just a tin dome with no heat, could be a little chilly in dec/jan. Within the structure there's an insulated calving parlor 24 x 10 (dirt floor, winter quarry zone) and an upstairs sleeping quarters 30 x 10 (that could be my Lil Giants workshop)

Hmmm, new possibilities, all of this just occured to me now. Shop just a few hundred yards away, mig welder and many other metal working tools in there, as well as a proper cement floor for a bigger lathe & mill (tax write off ) Perhaps something to look forward too, for a changed!

May even make a video like you posted of JensR, there'd be lots of room for a body of water in there.

Joe
Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Joe, when it come's to farming, I only like tractor's! LOL
Yes, I'm allergic to cow's too!
Sound's like a neat idea for the "Lil Giant's Arena!"
Guess that's why I became a contractor, Cuz I never gradiated from the sandbox!
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road

We got rid of our beef herd about 2 years ago. Have never looked back. Crops are so much less of a pain then cows.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

If you ain't makin any money at it.Git rid of it.Sound like you would be alot happier fellow if you did. Why beat a dead cow??
FGD

Old 05-12-2011, 07:11 PM

RcConstruction is on a distinguished road

Thanks for telling me that you can just put the truck in gear and it will stay. i did not know that as i do not have a truck yet
Zak
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I think you should sell the cows!!! More playtime and less "work".