RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 06-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskybilt View Post
Cool vids, the logging truck sure is sounding good too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskybilt View Post
Sounds like a water tank trailer on the back of that Old Kenworth your building Reg
It was fun to finally see the big KW hauling a load on my road network. Still some work to do on the road as there is one spot where it rises and falls too much and the front wheels of the truck come off the ground. I still haven't decided what direction to head with the new truck. I'm thinking it maybe another dump but will have a water tank that drops in like John Stilwell did with his Mack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post
Very nice pictures! My 20 months old son and I spent an hour watching your videos today
I'm glad you guys liked the videos! I always struggle with trying to hold the camera and drive the trucks. I've had a few close calls now!lol Oh well, I guess it adds to the excitement when you nearly roll a truck!
Old 07-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Check out these cans my wife and I found at the dollar store yesterday! They are a bit big for 1/14 but are almost perfect with my 1/10 stuff. For $1.25 each I couldn't resist.

PS, why is it called a "dollar" store when everything is at least $1.25?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Reg, are you going to build one of those single driver recycle trucks now?

Jim
Old 08-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

My wife and I had a little RC fun last night. The ground is so loose thanks to our lack of rain that I had to water the road before we could haul gravel. It's a good thing I built a water truck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njCkLX3M5is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di2ZPzvAD_w
Old 08-20-2015, 04:56 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

doing a great job both of you looks like that pile of soil is gonna make a few scale miles of roads you both are going to have a great big road system when it is gone hehe i would love to have a look when i come to island to see my mom i will be sure to bring my truck and trailer hopefully i will have my dump and demolition box done by then
Old 08-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I you stop by sometime make sure your truck is locked in both drive axles. The roads are steeper than they lock and it will be frustrating getting stuck all of the time....Trust me!

I decided to play a bit this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ3XEoRUdUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=374cqxgdIBY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQDPGDORTZQ

Even in the RC world you have to watch out for wildlife on the roads. If I waited for this guy to cross my shift at the compound would have been over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duyoQNnfDRw
Old 09-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well it's been a long time since I've done anything major to the play area but with fall in the air and moisture hitting the ground I thought it was time. I have been wanting to add a "lake" to the compound since the start so I got on with it tonight. I may get flamed for using my mini excavator but flame away! It's a toy to me so I don't feel like it's cheating. I will have plenty of work to do graveling the new road surface and once it rains regularly the pond will fill up. Who knows, I may see an A frame dump and boom boat in my future. This is a logging operation after all... I used some of the dirt to raise up the new road and also added a ramp up onto the existing road near the shop door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoWZV6cbGOI

The dirt under the tree roots was prefect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDjQudCqLno

Old 09-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Green Horn

126happy is on a distinguished road

WOW THIS IS COOL AS ****!!
Old 09-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Logging train to pond reload to truck . Way to go Reg . Mike
Old 09-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks guys. Now I just need some fellow truckers to come and haul on the roads.

Although I think your idea is a good one Mike, it is not going to happen. I can't afford another hobby within this hobby(trains)! My wife was smiling at me when she got home last night and saw what I had done. She said "people must think we are crazy. Everything we get into starts out small and then gets out of control".lol I just can't help myself.....
Old 09-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

One of the nicest setups I've seen hours of fun guaranteed!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Looks like a great start to a long project. Just wish you were closer!!
Old 09-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

I think I will mail you some rail . Mike
Old 09-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Oops, looks like I've created a west coast monster...... Does this sound familiar? ...." Oh my friend, you have it bad....time to seek help. "

Site looks great Reg. I'd say use some of that backyard pond liner material and you'll always have a spot to fill the water truck from.

And you'll get no more flame from me. I have a new explanation for times like these. " it's a means to an end " or. " I want to play in my park with RC's , not build it with them! ".
Old 09-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Awww we got to give him a hard time Mario, reg is built the best in the west, so it's only his fault we have to pick it apart!!! It's his own fault!! Lol!! Reg ,, you know it's only cuz we all wish we were there. !! Or had that bueatiful landscape to manipulate into RC heaven!!!

So , now I recal you have a rather large pond on the property!?!?? Some logging from that skidded to the log transport to a dock to a ship to a cross pond location to a mill to make lumber for more bridges,,,,, I guess I could go on and on lol!!! This is the addiction of what we all belong to!!!

Hey reg, go big or go home right?!?! Lol!! Looks good brother!! And Mario, you got the east coast knocking on his door!!

Ya both have me trying to plan the ultimate road trip!!! Keep it up.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

looks like reg is ready for every one to bring the tents,campers and anything to sleep in for the weekend end and we all come for some goodtimes
Old 09-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
One of the nicest setups I've seen hours of fun guaranteed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Looks like a great start to a long project. Just wish you were closer!!
Yeah there is plenty of of room for more equipment and operators. It's too bad no one lives nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
I think I will mail you some rail . Mike
You're persistent I'll give you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Oops, looks like I've created a west coast monster...... Does this sound familiar? ...." Oh my friend, you have it bad....time to seek help. "

Site looks great Reg. I'd say use some of that backyard pond liner material and you'll always have a spot to fill the water truck from.

And you'll get no more flame from me. I have a new explanation for times like these. " it's a means to an end " or. " I want to play in my park with RC's , not build it with them! ".
Haha, yes I do have it bad! I need to sort out the pond this weekend as it's supposed to start raining again Monday. Once it has water in it things will be more difficult to "adjust". I agree with your quotes. I get as much enjoyment out of running the fullsize equipment so using it to build a play area for the RC's is a win win. Once the area is roughed in I like to drive around hauling loads of gravel here and there doing touch ups and other small work. Digging the pond with RC's would have never happened anyway as my mini would hardly dig the ground using the cleanup bucket. It is packed hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Awww we got to give him a hard time Mario, reg is built the best in the west, so it's only his fault we have to pick it apart!!! It's his own fault!! Lol!! Reg ,, you know it's only cuz we all wish we were there. !! Or had that bueatiful landscape to manipulate into RC heaven!!!

So , now I recal you have a rather large pond on the property!?!?? Some logging from that skidded to the log transport to a dock to a ship to a cross pond location to a mill to make lumber for more bridges,,,,, I guess I could go on and on lol!!! This is the addiction of what we all belong to!!!

Hey reg, go big or go home right?!?! Lol!! Looks good brother!! And Mario, you got the east coast knocking on his door!!

Ya both have me trying to plan the ultimate road trip!!! Keep it up.
Haha, I'm ok taking heat from you two. I know when I dish it back you guys can take it! Yes we have a bigger pond in our yard. Originally, this is where I started my play area but it was too much of a pain to move everything down there from the shop. By the time I moved a few toys I would run out of ambition for it. Lou was trying to convince me to haul logs from the new play area down hill to the big pond a few days ago. It would be sweet as there is enough room down there to dump into the water, sort and boom the logs, then tow them around. We'll see....

It would be great to have some company here so I hope you can make the trip someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack van View Post
looks like reg is ready for every one to bring the tents,campers and anything to sleep in for the weekend end and we all come for some goodtimes
Yeah I've been trying to get Lou and Jason out here for weeks but when they're free I'm busy and vice versa. Hopefully one day we can have an organized event here.

Oh, I almost forgot. I hauled the first couple of loads on the new section of road yesterday. I think last evening was the nicest it's been all year. Warm but not too hot and not too many bugs. It was beautiful! Too bad no one was here to enjoy it with me... I had to hog it all to myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR5xXPCA3fQ
Old 09-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Reg can't you get the loader to clear the sides with out the ramp? That is the trouble with most of the loaders that are made today.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

My wife and I have been hitting the local swap and shop this summer when we've had time. Today was the first time I've found anything to get excited about. We picked up the backhoe for $20 and the Tonka for $2. I also got a tarp for the pond.

Now I just need a bunch more Firgelli's and some rain!lol

Last edited by RCP57; 09-13-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:09 PM
Green Horn

126happy is on a distinguished road

man I need to talk to you.... seriously! would you be willing in talk to me about some of your secrets on turning diecast EQ into working rc EQ??