RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking is moving!!??

This will be awesome. I have 5 acres of 1/14 road I have built but no trucks or machinery to use on it I need $$$
Old 10-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Thats greats news Mario ..more roon ..Gona be able to fill that new place with new tools now too lol.congrats to you both
Thanks Lou and yes new tools in my new basement workshop my whole life, any shop I had was something someone else built and I always worked with what I got. This is the very first time I'm starting with a wide open space and all choices are mine.... I have no idea where to start? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Congrats on the bigger place, sounds like a winner all around. Of course the cabana is to sit comfortably to run your RC equipment and have a few drinks with or without umbrellas in them If you develop a good method for picking up leaves with RC equipment, make two at least 'cause I could use one too...Thanks in advance
You got it! " sit comfortably while running equipment" that is the problem with our current road that goes around the garage, you lose line of sight and have to walk and follow. This new yard is large enough we won't lose line of sight until I put in a overpass here, a bridge there....
Yes, I do plan on tinkering with the rake idea, it's added to my now ever growing project list

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
congrats to you and sue..yard looks great ...soooooo much space!!!!!hope it works out for you guys .are you still in the same area you are now or are you further north
The new place is a 7 minute drive from our current house! I just love that fact when moving time comes.
We put our house on the market last Tuesday, and we got an offer for what we wanted for it on Friday night everything is looking good, just waiting for home inspections, closing date set for mid November .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
This will be awesome. I have 5 acres of 1/14 road I have built but no trucks or machinery to use on it I need $$$
Simple then, 5 acres of road is too much anyway, sell a few acres and buy some gear!

I'm looking forward to the yard but what really has me excited is the new basement shop No more winter withdrawal. Build in the winter, play in the summer

Thanks everyone for all your best wishes

Mario
Old 10-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Way kool - positive thinking from shipshe.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Green Horn

civic83 is on a distinguished road

Congrats to both of you, I know you will love your indoor comfy workspace!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

We've had a set back in our upcoming move. Last Friday was the home inspection on our house for the buyer, the last condition of sale then all is good. The inspection was good, no issues so done deal right?......NO !
Turns out, the bank will not give the buyer the money until they sign their divorce papers
So obviously we have to move on. Amazing how many people and how far a divorce can affect peoples lives eh?
Anyway, our house is back on the market, more open houses and evening viewings to come horray! and winter is a coming real fast! I can just see it now, moving in the middle of December, just great

I should have posted this on " get it out of your system " maybe?

Thanks for listening.....

Mario
Old 11-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

Hey mario...just a word of caution keep valubles out of sight including your trucks.people have been known to walk out with stuff without anybody noticing and if there are lots of people then it makes it harder to figure out who did it.its a known fact people go to these open houses with no intentions of buying but to steal things and or see what you got(case the place)in order to determine if they will come back at a later date.you probably already know this but thought i would remind you..also heard a few horror stories at my wifes work from people who got stuff stolen...good luck and hope it works out for S&M trucking
Old 11-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Mario, hope you find something soon! I know how big of a pain it is, to find a another house.
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

We can finally, officially announce that S&M trucking is moving in to a new headquarters on the 22nd of November! Papers signed, done deal!
It was almost like the whitehouse debt crisis ....right down to the wire! on the last day our offer for the new house expired, we sold our house
Now the fun begins.... moving in November
the things a person is willing to do for a year round rc shop eh?

Mario
Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Nice! So happy to hear that it is all coming together for you guys! By the looks of things you should have a parcel waiting at the post office tomorrow or the next day as well. One more thing to move...Well at least it's already packed up I guess!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Nice! So happy to hear that it is all coming together for you guys! By the looks of things you should have a parcel waiting at the post office tomorrow or the next day as well. One more thing to move...Well at least it's already packed up I guess!
Oh boy so does this mean S&M will be venturing into the dump truck side of the rc trucking industry?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Oh boy so does this mean S&M will be venturing into the dump truck side of the rc trucking industry?
You'll have to clear that one with Mario...
Old 11-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
That's a big 10-4 good buddy!
Package arrived today! And love the new box from "RC metal works" just kidding, my idea for a name for Reg

Now with moving into a bigger house I can build my first spare parts truck! With all the upgrades to Susan and my truck I realized all I was missing was frame rails, a tranny, front and rear suspension to build a new stock truck. I have all the missing parts thanks to several great forum members and now with the dump box from Reg, S&M will have a work style dump truck
2 cabs to choose from, a Ford Aeromax or a KH. Whichever I use, it will be my first styrene work to cut sleeper and build a day cab.

Sorry no pics of the box right now. Busy filling boxes right now, not opening them. Lol

Mario
Old 11-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Congrats Mario. I'm trying to either a day cab/ a race truck or a dump truck next. After my globeliners done.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Congrats Mario. I'm trying to either a day cab/ a race truck or a dump truck next. After my globeliners done.
Funny you mention a globe.... I have a NiB globe on the shelf but I just gotta build this one first !
Old 11-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I was thinking, we need a tractor, like Travis big bud or the ford fw60 and build some kind of tow behind rake attachment with a rotating spiral drum like an auger to gather the leaves into windrows for easier pick up?

my uncle had one of these on the farm. I wonder if this would work with leaves??

Mario
Hey Mario,
Have you seen the small version? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400601610947?lpid=82
Cheer's, Neil.

Last edited by doodlebug; 11-22-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Mario,
Have you seen the small version? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400601610947?lpid=82
Cheer's, Neil.
I like the look of the small version Neil thanks. I realize it's possible to scale down a Rc sized version of these but then it hit me... I can't scale down the huge maple leafs I'm trying to rake lol
I'm thinking a blower type for sure. A cheap Wal mart blower strapped to a flat bed trailer perhaps

Mario
Old 11-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's done! it's over! After 5 straight days of moving and cleaning and minus 22 Celsius wind chill for 2 of those days, we are now in our new home and gone from the old.
I've moved many times in my life but this was my first time moving as a 40 something and let me tell you..... I can't do this many more times! my entire body aches
My wonderful wife has already allowed me to set up a Rc area and will post pics soon but for now, I have many boxes to unpack before play time can commence again!

Mario
Old 11-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Thats awsome Mario ..Probably cant wait toget started on the new shopnow ..indoors and a truck park inside ..wicked
Old 11-27-2013, 07:52 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
...first time moving as a 40 something and let me tell you..... I can't do this many more times! my entire body aches
Mario
I heard that!!! I'm struggling to do the interior of my workshop right now... it seems like just yesteryear that kind of work was a snap!

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your new shop.

Joe
Old 11-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Talking Re: S&M Trucking is moving!!??

Quote:
I like the look of the small version Neil thanks. I realize it's possible to scale down a Rc sized version of these but then it hit me... I can't scale down the huge maple leafs I'm trying to rake lol
I'm thinking a blower type for sure. A cheap Wal mart blower strapped to a flat bed trailer perhaps

Mario
Hmmm! Turbo boost, Lol!
Cheers, Neil.