RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
hey mike..outstanding work ...this has got to be the most detailed realistic tractor i have ever seen so far since being in this hobby ..between the motor with the air to air and the fifth wheel pull pin ....you will need a purple and white pin puller hook to put in your side tool box..keep up the great work and purple is my favorite colour also ..i am watching this build every chance i get
Thanks Dwayne... Here ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermoblin View Post
This build is truly amazing Mike, you should be very proud. Any idea how long until we will see some color on this masterpiece?
Thanks.. Your guess is as good as mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 01-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Well I think I'm going to give up on trying to have a normal life. I'm back on the da@# road AGAIN. Seems to be the only way I can make any money.

So know again I will have the cash to finish the truck just no time to do so.

I think I have to be one of the top contenders for longest build as I started this thing in 2007.

I am getting some progress started on the trailer. Or I should say I have got plans made up for it and been talking with some of our best machinist's to get the foundation for the build made.

I am going to have the rear door frame and DOT bumper made so that the lights at the bottom have the same design as my rear bumper on the truck and this is going to be repeated on the DOT bumper as well.

This has to be the first thing made so that I can build forward from it.

The trailer will be constructed just like the real ones. It will have the inside skeleton made from brass then skinned on the outside and the kemlite on the inside. I would like to have the floor ribbed like a real one as well but have not made up my mind on whether I want it machined out of aluminum or make it a different way.

As for the truck, I have 1000 LED's on the way. Then I have to get a bunch of small detail parts, and the MFU then it will be ready for some paint.

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Mike, at least you're not alone in a long standing build. These things take time. I have a feeling your truck will be done before mine. I haven't really thought much about a trailer yet. Good things come to those who wait. Some guys can knock a truck out in a few weeks. When you start doing something unique and original, that hasn't been done before, you are the one trying to figure out how to make it all work.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

That sucks Mike!! Just when you got the thing running around on its own. That little rig would be up in my sleeper so i can still work on it when i got down time. Hope you can get back at it more soon!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
So know again I will have the cash to finish the truck just no time to do so.
yup, i switched from long haul to regional, now i have lots of time to look at it but no $$$$ to get all the parts.

but it isnt a race, and the more time you spend the better the finshed result will be. on the bright side, youve got alot of miles to think about how to make the new stuff you talk about

ride safe, and keep up the awesome work, this is IMO the nicest truck on the board
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

I feel for ya Mike, I'm sitting at the flying j in Saskatoon,
Blank , it's cold up here!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:54 PM

dirthalr is on a distinguished road

by far one of the most detailed builds i've seen! awesome job!

Jimmy
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Hey All!!!

Well things have defiantly changed for me now. As I stated earlier I'm back on the road. This time I decided that it was time to complete my separation and get the divorce rolling after 4 years. So as of now my soon to be ex and the kids have moved into their own place and I have moved my belongings into a storage shed... Unfortunately those belongings include Classy Shak and all her belongings.

So it's safe to say that NOTHING will be done on her for the foreseeable future. I am toying with the idea of having another member finish her for me. All that is really left is some small detail work, a paint job, and the electronics. I'll have to give him a call in the next little bit and see if he is willing to do it. I am just worried about shipping it to the other side of the country.. and back. Then I might have to have another member build the trailer for me.

Have not really made up my mind on any of this as of yet cause I have no idea what my future holds for me right now. For all I know I might buy a real classy shak then I'll have the room to work on her.

Anyway other things have changed as well like my F250 pissing me off on the 15th of February. I spent in the span of a month $140 on a new positive battery cable, $140 on a new E-brake peddle, of course being a 7.3L I had to replace the $70 glow plug relay cause they can't make one that lasts a whole winter, $240 on two new batteries, $279 on a new alternator. Just a word to those that may have a 99-2003 7.3L powerstroke... If the glow plug s don't work.... Don't crank it till the solenoid starts clicking it can screw things up. On mine it took out the voltage regulator in the alternator. Either that or it was to much for it to recharge two 880 CCA batteries in -5° weather...

All of this happened in two weeks. I would park the truck go out on the road for 3-4 days then have to mess with the truck when I got home. Then when you consider it's 65 mile round trip from home to the yard and fuel in SLC has been $4.20 gallon.

And the final straw was the 15th of Feb. I came home got the ex and ran her around all day so she could go sign her new lease and do some other things in preparation for moving. I finally get home sat there for 15 minutes before I realized I had to go into town and make a payment on my tire account. So I get in the truck and head to town, about a mile from the house I'm cruising about 60mph when I hear a clunk and the wheel jerks to the right, then it does it again. Well I have played this game with this truck before as well, In fact I played it in November of 2011... I replaced both front wheel hubs in November of 2011 at $399 each. and here a year later the right one has gone out again.... So I get in the ex's car go to town and shell out another $399 for another hub cause of course they come with a one year warranty... I get home and get it changed in the nice 25° weather cause it was to high to fit in the garage. After that I have had it with this truck.

Bright and early Saturday morning (16th Feb) I got in the big beast drove straight to a dealer I have passed a few days before at which I saw a Jeep I really liked. So 2 hours later they had my headache and I had a 2009 Jeep Wrangle Unlimited X 4 door with 30,000 miles and 5 yrs of manufacturer warranty on the drive train and a purchased 100,000 mile full coverage warranty on it.

I love it and best of all I don't have to fix it and instead of 12 mpg at $4 a gallon I get 19 mpg at $3.09...

Here is a picture of my new home as well.

2013 Cascadia I got into it at 28,000 miles.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing. Mario will be disappointed that Classy Shak has been put in storage, but as they say, " S*&t happens". Love the new ride and the new living space.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 AM

Goodwin3224 is on a distinguished road

Thats going to be an awesome truck. Nice work
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

nice Jeep! keep the running boards off! sis has one and nothing but a leg painter when its muddy out!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM

DaBomb6988 is on a distinguished road

Nice Jeep!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Sad to hear about Classy shak on the possible back burner but that's nothing. The more important thing is The rebuilding of YOU first.
I too went through a major life change, ......to make a long story short. I found myself with no home, no wife and a pile of debt at age 38. The hill in front of me looked like a mountain. Well, 7 yrs later, the debt is gone and I met the perfect woman for me and life is great again.

Stay positive and patient, things will work out I'm sure.

Mario
Old 05-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Howdy all..

Well He!! I can't catch a brake anywhere. Ok here's an update.

Classy Shak has found a new home sitting atop a stack of boxes in a storage shed. All her parts are neatly pack in the boxes she is sitting on. Now when will I get back to working on her... I HAVE NO IDEA...

Well in the last update I just started working for Desert Star. That lasted till the end of March. All I will say on that is some people should have their butt kicked for the way they treat others... Nuff said cause it wouldn't be nice.

Well after 25 years of working for small (under 50 trucks) companies and having no luck with them for the last 4 years I decided I would try a big one. So I looked around paid attention to larger companies that frequented Salt lake, I wouldn't let my worst enemy work for any of them out of Salt Lake, I noticed Gordon trucking Inc. (GTI, the blue smerf colored trucks) out of Washington were always here, so I talked to 10 of their drivers and not one of them had anything bad to say about the company. So I called them and applied, they actually agreed to start me at $0.40 cpm. Wow companies just don't pay for experience anymore so that was great.

They flew me up to Seattle and put me in a motel for their orientation in my own room at nice hotel. Then they put me in a 2012 Cascadia were the other 8 drivers in orientation (all of which combined had 2 years of driving experience) got old truck. So far great, they sent me straight home so that I could get my stuff in the truck and that's where the BS started. I was supposed to be home for a 34 hr reset and ended up being there for 3 days cause they had no freight out of SLC. Well needless to say I got whopping 4500 miles in April between April 5th when i picked up the truck and the 30th when I got out of the truck. The thing that really got me is when i called them to tell them I was done (this is after several calls to the Fleet manager about my miles) I was told they were giving me miles that I had gotten 4500 in three weeks so what was I complaining about....

So on the Monday morning (April 29th) I called a company in Brigham City, UT, about 30 miles from the house, and asked if they had any openings and was told ya just had one that morning. They have a brand new truck that they need someone that can go to Canada in it. So I went up and talked to the guy and left there with a job and a brand new 2013 Peterbilt 579. Not only a new truck but a whole new model for 2013. I did my pee test on the 30th and hauled my first load on the 1st. As of right now I am 1500 miles short of the 4500 miles I got all of April with Gordon and I'm heading for Seattle tomorrow. So They have miles and the owner and the Dispatcher / everything else person seem to be real good guys.

So hopefully I have found a place I can stay and make some money, and be home every weekend..

Old 05-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Green Horn

Straywolf is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the new job and new rig!! Can't wait till you get back to building again cause that is just one sweet ride you are building. I hope all your trips to and from home are safe ones.

Mike

Old 05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Brand new rig and a new company to work for.... Sounds like a positive start. hope it all works out Mike.

Mario
Old 05-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Looks like a nice rig! Congrats on the new job I hope it works out for you
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Thanks Guy's... Trust me I HOPE it works out, I'm sick of changing jobs.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:12 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the new job, the new truck and hopefully being home every weekend.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the new job, be safe out there.