RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Scale Builders R/C Club Ontario

Scale Builders R/C Club Ontario Scale R/C truck club in the Ontario area.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Smile New Club Members Introductions

Here all New members can introduce themselves to other members of the club.Thank you and Welcome to our Club!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM

topher1266 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Club Members Introductions

Hey all Topher [Chris] here,looking forward to hooking up with some people from Ontario. I have Tanks , Crawlers, Scale offroad trucks. Always looking for someone to get together with and run some rigs. I'm in Scotland On. just outside of Brantford.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Chris welcome to the club.. looking forward to meeting you and having fun with your builds with the others.Hope you enjoy yourself...

Cheers....Dwayne
Old 03-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road

Hey do i need to introduce myself?

its me goose, (allen) i live over in selkirk about 35 mins form you chris.

i had a king hauler i sold ( although its still here on my desk ) and a 1/16 M27 tank. looking to start another scratch build hopefully soon to replicate my 1:1 Pete.

where is everyone... Mario? Sue? lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:04 AM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

Hey,I'm Jack. Almost retired, navy officer in my youth,currently re living the childhood I never had. Tanks, boats,trucks,high lifts,crawlers,quad copters... anything r.c.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

where is everyone... Mario? Sue? lol[/QUOTE]

We are right here bud! I just thought I'd be courteous and allow others to intro themselves first.

I'm Mario. Just around the corner and then a 9hr drive away
Sault Ste. Marie . Been in the hobby 2 yrs now and been Rc trucking with the guys down south twice and looking forward to getting together again this summer! My wife Sue and I have 3 semi trucks, 5 trailers, a loader, couple forklifts, crawler crane, a rock crawler F150 and a tank.

I think it goes without saying you need to build a truck like your new 1:1 Allen!
I know how much Dwayne loves his 1:1 Kenworth and yet hasn't built RC of it yet! What's up with that?

Mario.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Actually Mario.....small zeus is actually an r/ c of my.1:1 real ZEUS....just different.colour...however having said that.Barbara(wife) mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago that i should do up another Zeus in the M-O colours because i have been there for so long.. ..thinking about it.. but as soon as the real Zeus gets retired i am going to paint it just like the little one..lol
Old 04-03-2014, 12:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hello everyone let me introduce myself.My name is Dwayne and i am an O/O and the proud owner of a 1985 Kenworth W900B. Been trucking most of my driving life (30yrs).i have been in the R/C hobby for about 36yrs since i was 10yrs old, been in the 1/14 trucks for the last 4-5 yrs my first R/C was a plastic car that had a wired remote( you had to follow the car) and you turn it on and it stayed on and the remote had 1 button with 2 positions... left or right only...its come.a.long way from.that. Glad to.be a part of an.elite group of people both in the club and on this forum. Looking forward to the fun i am having already building and driving my R/C's...oh and i am never growing up...
Old 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

A little late, but my name is Wayne been into 1/14 scale trucks for about 6 months, I have one on the build sheet a day cab, with two waiting in the wings.. I have a 40+ year with the real ones, as a O/O, and over the road driver.. Now retired I have some time to play...

Wayne
Old 04-03-2014, 03:54 PM

topher1266 is on a distinguished road

Hello guys new to the 1/14 scale stuff. I've always loved RC just didn't have the money or time, now being forced into this form of retirement [paralyzed] I now have time and some money. Like the crawlers too, smaller, cheaper and easier to handle. But this truck bug has got me and is taking over. Got a 6x6 on the go still love that off road part of things. Topher
Old 05-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Green Horn

mavrick0 is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to say hello everyone. Part of the new club here. Been into RC for several decades now in various forms. Did my first semi 9 years ago with the Knight Hauler and box trailer and due life issues had to sell it off. Have always regretted it and have always wanted to do another build. Well with Tamiya bringing out the new Cascadia that was the final hook. So I'm in the middle of building that kit with the new MFC-03 kit and have a set of b-train flatbeds for it. So needless to say I jumped back in deep. As a few of the other members here I also drive the real thing for a living. Looking forward to being part of the club and getting out to a few of the events.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

i just want to say a huge welcome to all of you and i am glad that you are all part of this great truck club and i am looking forward to meeting all of you ..some for the first time and others again and looking forward to sharing some layout road with all of you.again please check here regularily for up to date news on our plans and events.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

just wanted to welcome a new club member into our group.a huge welcome to Chris Silver and looking forward to running with you and hanging out at our events ..Welcome Chris
Old 02-27-2015, 08:59 PM

silverrc is on a distinguished road

Hello My name is Chris Silver. Been into RC'ing for around 30 years, and getting into the scale part of this hobby. Done with racing and getting back to the fun of building plastic models like when i was younger, but in RC form. Met Dwayne, Wayne, Peter (he started me in the Tamiya truck craze) and Allen, all part of this club. Great bunch of guys! I have a Custom long wheelbase King Hauler/Peterbuilt on the go and a Knight Hauler (not sure yet what to do with it).

I also have numerous 1/10 scale crawlers and some restored Tamiya kits from the '80s.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

welcome Chris it was great to finally meet you and do the slot car model show with all of you..looking forward to this years events
Old 03-26-2015, 12:15 PM

Cummins1962 is on a distinguished road

Good day everyone. While I am not currently a member of this club I have been following it here and on FB for quite a while. I just started a new job that will see me back and forth to Toronto every so often. Just had a couple of questions. Where do most of you buy your 1/14 trucks from. Anywhere local that I can stop by and visit when I am in Toronto in April? Also, do you guys have any regular get togethers that I might be able to stop by while I am there. Oh I should mention that I am from Alberta so if you know of any builders out this way, please let me know.

thanks.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:50 PM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

Hi there. New trucks are available at many Toronto hobby stores, if you looking to buy a built from somebody, its a bit more tricky. Watch kijiji or craigslist for resales.
if you"ll let me know what part of town you gonna be, I could give you few store names that have 1/14 scale.
cheers
Old 03-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins1962 View Post
Good day everyone. While I am not currently a member of this club I have been following it here and on FB for quite a while. I just started a new job that will see me back and forth to Toronto every so often. Just had a couple of questions. Where do most of you buy your 1/14 trucks from. Anywhere local that I can stop by and visit when I am in Toronto in April? Also, do you guys have any regular get togethers that I might be able to stop by while I am there. Oh I should mention that I am from Alberta so if you know of any builders out this way, please let me know.

thanks.
hello there Cummins1962 glad you stopped in.yes there are several shops in the gta area i deal with..Pinnacle Hobby at Markham Rd/16th Ave is a great place..Ron and Dave are great guys to deal with ..Ron is the truck guy ..been dealing with them for about 20yr now and there is The Zoom Room in Newmarket at Bayview ave/Mulock dr ..Henry or Dan are pretty decent guys.yes we do have regular get togethers on sundays in the mississauga area ..i sent you a pm here with some info ..hope to talk to you soon ..thank you so much for the interest in our club and send me a request on our FB page please