RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:10 PM

Grip_Runner is on a distinguished road
Default servontaut a replacment for tamiya mfu?

Hi all does anyone have any experience with servonaut systems?
I am looking at building another truck after I have finished the truck I am building a trailer I bought in a package deal. I have had numerous issues trying to program my dx6e to get it to work with my tamiya mfu and have been told that it will restrict the amount of additional lights I can run outside of the kit. I have heard the servonaut systems are a lot less restrictive in this regard and that they can also be programmed with a fair amount of different engine sounds and air brakes etc. Another feature is wireless trailer lighting which I am pretty interested in as it could add to the realism.
Basically I'm interested to hear what people think about their kits. Are the easy to set up? Value for money? And what units would people recommend to replace a tamiya mfu? Are there any other ways people would recommend to run extra lights after the mfu has reached its capacity/ or to expand its capacity?

Thanks for any help advice or opinions as any information is greatly appreciated
Old 05-03-2017, 03:04 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: servontaut a replacment for tamiya mfu?

Have a look in the euro truck secton on here as there are a few builds with them and euro forums that I use to read the guys added extra light moduals to run the lights they need including wireless modauls for truck and trailers....

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

I really like the Servonaut products. Easy to set up, and high performance. Very realistic driving experience.

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram:
Old 05-03-2017, 11:09 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by egronvold View Post
I really like the Servonaut products. Easy to set up, and high performance. Very realistic driving experience.
I have servonuaut on my cat740 wedico. It sounds perfect for a c15 cat engine.

Last edited by liftmys10; 05-03-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:53 AM

easytruckin is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

Do you know Beier modules ? light and sound modules, infra red modules, ESC with lights too.
Lots of good stuff.

https://www.beier-electronic.de/mode...php?sprache=gb

see ya'
easycure
Old 05-05-2017, 03:02 PM

that's another one I will be looking into I had a quick skim read of the manual for one of the servonaut units but I can't work out if you can use a manual box with it but it does look to be easy to wire
Old 05-07-2017, 04:32 AM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road

when I added the verkerk sunblind and grill lights to my Scania truck, I replace the Tamiy MFU with servonaut M24 drive modual that also has the light connectors and used a SM3 sound modual for the engine and other sounds

Last edited by Brel; 07-25-2017 at 04:26 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Apprentice

trucker n is on a distinguished road

I had the bier usm-2 and loved it about to get another there is so much u can program with it
Old 05-10-2017, 12:23 PM

Brel I have been looking at the servonaut unit and it looks fairly easy to wire up if my presumption is correct. if I understand it right you have to positive terminals to connect to and the negative feed is plumbed into the appropriate terminal i.e. one wire from one of the common positive's to the led and the negative from the led to the brake light terminal for example or have I got it wrong?
Old 05-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Servonaut products are very easy to install. The instructions are in English.

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram:
Old 05-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip_Runner View Post
Brel I have been looking at the servonaut unit and it looks fairly easy to wire up if my presumption is correct. if I understand it right you have to positive terminals to connect to and the negative feed is plumbed into the appropriate terminal i.e. one wire from one of the common positive's to the led and the negative from the led to the brake light terminal for example or have I got it wrong?
yes the red positive is common to all the lights and the negative is the switch wire to turn the lights on and off

I commoned all the red wires nearer the lights and then joined the brake lights together and ran that feed down the chassis, I did this for all the lights on the truck so that you have one single commoned red and one negagtive switch wire for each pair of rear lights except the indicators (turn signal), did the front lights in the same way apart from the verkerk lights which have to be wired up according to their instructions

Last edited by Brel; 07-25-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Lighting, IDK much about..........YET!

Sounds, I prefer the ESS 1+
The ESS ONE PLUS is fully customizable for the sounds you want. you decide what engine sound, turbo sound, braking sound, & horn you'd like to have, & program it into the unit.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:36 AM
Wannabe

here is the inside of my Tamiya Scania truck showing the servonaught boards that I used to replace the Tamiya MFU, the battery goes under the boards, the battle switch controls the main beam on the verkerk lighting units and all the other lights (head, tail, reversing, turn signal and the dipped verkerk lights) are controled by the servonaut board and the radio

Last edited by Brel; 08-28-2017 at 07:02 AM.