RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Fumotec Komatsu 490 LC build

Got the kit end of June and took some pictures during the build.

This is my first functioning model, so basically a total noob at this. There are plenty of build threads on one of the German forums, so figured I will post this here.

For those who are really interested, you can download the .pdf of the manual at this link: http://www.fumotec.de/downloads/koma...tung-klein.pdf

The parts were sanded and painted by me using rattle cans, but no point showing that.

First a couple of pictures to give an impression of the size. All comparisons I have seen so far were with other excavators or trucks. Good if you know those models, but if you don't ... kind of pointless.

Bucket

Hydraulics

I started with the (for me) least intimidating part which was assembling the tracks using a piece of wood, drift pin and hammer. Assembled in lots of 10. There are 51 pieces to each track.

Turned out Frank had forgotten to include the 2 extra pieces to make up full tracks.

A quick email to Frank sorted it and he posted the missing pieces following business day (supposed to be 103 pieces of track so there is one spare)
Too bad I live in Malaysia so it took some time for the parts to arrive. No big deal, plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.

Next step ... the parts for the drive train -- manual, page 10 / step 1 (all parts come bagged and labeled per page)

Inserting the bearings. Was a tight fit.

Hard to see in the pictures, but first time around I had the shorter piece the wrong way round.

Getting to this state took way longer than I thought because I had to start all over again when I noticed I had the parts the wrong way round ...

As you can see, all parts very tightly machined and massive.

Took a break from the drive train and went on to page 8
Inserting the bushings in the lower rollers.

Again a very tight fit

Had to use a vise to get them in one by one

After that install them into the under carriage

Needed a bit of filing (due to paint mostly)

And to finish a good wack with the hammer and driftpin to seat the pins properly.

To be continued in next post

Cheers
Stephan