RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
The decals look great Cooper, now we need to see it on that masterpiece of a trailer!
As soon as I get the side boards done I'll make a video. I'm also working on printing a plate to house the servo that will unlock the fith wheel on the truck. Then it will be completely lounge chair approved!!! (With cup holder).
Old 03-19-2015, 07:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

I was wondering why you had to reach down and unlatch the fifth wheel in the video you did, I had a hard time not making a comment at the time
Old 03-19-2015, 07:45 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Do you have a rpm tester(mechanical or electronic)? 4500rpm

And I set the pressure to 18bar, that's plenty of power to dig loose soil with 14mm pistons & the 42lbs model won't move.

And no mix on the valves with the pump, just turn the pump on & leave it to run one constant speed.

Caterpillar controls are bass ackwards, JD controls are best.

Joe
Old 03-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Blahh blahhh blahh JD controls,,,,,, lol!!! I'm a cat man!!!

Yes, I was planning on having the pump run a constant speed. I do have it on a switch for off/on then use one of the dial pots to change speed for different situations. I haven't messed with best pressure yet, I know the cylinders, hoses and such will handle much more pressure than needed. I didn't really understand exactly the flow/pressure of these pumps so figured get the bigger one. They are really great pumps but I should have got the smaller flow one. Couple things I've been wanting to get I don't have, one- rpm sensor and two- a servo tester. Both aren't expensive and I'm bass ackwards when it comes to that stuff, don't hesitate to get some expensive tool but contemplate on the cheep small stuff?!?! Go figure! I'll let ya know where I end up with rpm and pressure /relief. Thanks joe.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got the truck servo hooked up. Pic s above are the hitch locked and unlocked. Didn't try it with truck yet.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Looks like should work fine. Time for some armchair truckin'
Old 03-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Looks like should work fine. Time for some armchair truckin'
Almost, it works pretty good. I started taming the excavator rx controls. Before I did that I had to drive up on trailer with the ex, side boards are a must !!! Not much room for touchy controls driving up the neck.

Hey joe , I just sent ya an email about pump if ya have an idea would appreciate it .
Old 03-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/ZQ2fhhMkTsY

Here is a video of a problem I'm encountering.
The valve center has been established and messed with so it's not drifting because of not being centered.

I completely disassembled the cylinder to check piston and shaft seals and replaced with new.

When I reattached the cylinder I worked all air out with temporary lines hooked up into glass of oil, then turned on pump to squirt oil out of lines before attaching to make sure air was purged completely from system.

I am currently hooking another spare cylinder up to valve to completely eliminate the lines, hard lines, and cylinder in question to see if it does same thing. Trying to trouble shoot everything before tearing apart valve. As that's the last thing I want to do, I've never taken one apart and don't know about seals inside or what sizes let alone having a spare if it isn't damaged and I damage it from removal.

In the video you can hear the squealing I'm referring to. I originally thought it was gears between motor and pump but now I'm thinking it is just oil being pumped. When I started it up this morning it was gone but returned. And if I'm getting air sucked into system I would surly think oil would be leaking out also. I have no leaks anywhere, valve, hoses, fittings, cylinder, all dry.

What do you guys think? Valve seal? I'll post up again on results of swapping cylinder out to see if it does same.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:27 PM

Radar is on a distinguished road

I was having a similar problem with the bucket cylinder on my loader and it turned of to be a bad o ring on the piston letting the oil blow by. It wood move but had no power and I had no leaks on the cylinder at that time. Hop this helps
Old 03-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

That's what I was thinking originally, I replaced piston seal and it still does it. In the process of using a different cylinder to see if it does it with that one. I didn't check piston , possibly I made a mistake in the manufacturing of the piston. But when I had it apart I worked the piston in the cylinder and it created a lot of resistance when line was sealed so I think the cylinder is good. ??
Old 03-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Cooper as a quick guess I would say it's the piston seal or o'ring. Take the cylinder apart and my bet is you'll find the culprit. If it was a valve seal you'd have to push all the oil out of the cylinder back through the valve to the tank. You're not getting that much resistance so it's a short bypass meaning some where in the cylinder.
Also pretty sure it's the bypass valve that's making all the squealing noise too. That's why the pitch changes with speed, it's the volume of oil going through it that resonates the relief spring and ball!
Rob
Old 03-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

I had the same issue with my 4200.
it would do the same as yours dose in the video. I spent ages on the valve , centring it and scratching my head.
I had a spare new ram , swapped it out and problem gone, stripped old ram and found the seal worn and letting oil flow around it, ram would move but under load it had no power.

cheers andy
Old 03-21-2015, 04:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok I swapped stick cylinder out and used the one I had for the failed dump project. No way was I going to hold that from extending or retracting by hand. And when valve centered I couldn't move it. So thanks for the input guys, I am pretty sure it's not the valve. No on to next thing, maybe I had used the wrong piston to start with. I know I made a few to try and dial in the right size. Not like I could find directions on what diameter piston to make . It's not much but if it's off a few hundredths it may be just what's going on. Not sealing against cylinder inner wall or piston groove. Might even make a double ring piston this time if I have room. I doubt that I would have honed the cylinder too much. Kind of funny thing as I remember adding a couple washers to the end of piston to act as a stop so stick arm didn't bottom out on boom. And was supposta make new one to eliminate washers. Well I am now. Tear apart cylinder again and have to get the calipers out and check what size piston I have in there. I do believe I wrote down dimensions on the is project. Never wrote anything down (that wasn't on dry erase board) when I built dozer, regret that .
Old 03-21-2015, 04:54 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

My pump sorta sounds like with no valve movement, but my pressure is set much lower than yours. You're at 350psi, I'm at 252psi.

Joe
Old 03-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Combination of two things I think. Piston is not right size to seal well with ring. And the piston is allowing oil to flow from bolt holding it on, and then between piston id and shaft that piston slides over. Basically the bolt holding it on was loose and those washers are bad. And I m pretty sure I grabbed one of the wrong pistons when assembling.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok put the cylinder back together with original piston, this time I removed the two washers I had on end and replaced with washer with rubber backing. Will prevent any leakage from bolt hole through piston. And it works now!! And to think I was thinking of getting into that valve assembly. Thanks for the input guys, helped a lot!!!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haven't had any stupid animal pics lately so,,,,

I don't think I impressed these two worthless clowns, only reason they came out to garage is wife is away and it's feeding time. !!!!!!

Old 03-21-2015, 08:40 PM

Cool I'm glad you got it fixed so we can see some good vids that shovel looks amazing by the way good job����
Old 03-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks, I'm tempted to go get a skidsteer scoop of screenings and dump in garage floor. Snow on ground again and weather looks to be cold again . I need that material for placing under deck anyway. Humm may just be the indoor climate controlled digging experience I need on the new controls.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:28 PM

I would just put some plastic down and go for it. Then again never mind the plastic and just leave the dirt there for winters to come!!