RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

First time on this site some of you guys know me but I'm a refugee from Garden Trucking. This is my build of a 9W Bucyrus-Monighan walking dragline that I've been building for about 8-9yrs now. The dimensions are: 150''L x 45''H x34''W the boom is 120''L It weighs about 190lbs now. I have it operational now and still need to build the boom and finish the bucket. There are several pieces that need machined on the house also.
Here's a link to my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Scentlessapprentice9#p/u
Here's a link to my pictures:

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php
Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

HI Steve glad you made it .

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

9W looking good saw some pictures on 4x4 of it. Ed
Old 08-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Steve-your imageshack pics are not available to look at. I had the same problem trying to show my build pics on photobucket. I don't know how to fix it. Were you able to get any video at Brownsville?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Here's all I got. (too busy BSing and operating) I managed to get these while my kid was on it. I have some video but not that great. I'll get to that later. I hope SmallHaul Scott took some.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Craftsman

Looks like fun! Wish I had a load of dirt like that. My wife wouldn't like a load of top-soil piled in the back yard.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9 W those pictures of it working look Poor scott, he looks like a miniature in comparison to yours. Ed
Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Great to see it working Steve. Be cool to have the 9 there with it. Who's in the pic's?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Steve I was so consumed with all of the full scale equipment I didn't take any pics of our RC models.

Ed, actually all of the rc models in that photo are 1/16 scale. But, yes the Tonkas like very small next to Steve's 9W.

"No load is too Small"
Old 08-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Hey Steve Looks great ...good photos and nice pile of dire ...your equipment probably got as much attention as the 1 ;1 machine and you can bet no one will ever bring a 9 W to the show at least the 1to 1
Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 PM

mog is on a distinguished road

glad too see you guys are having some fun with your toys keep up the good work. not that it would work for your but TWC collectibles has a very nice 8750 bucket that just came out and well you can get in CQMS there is only set up that i like see and that is esco but than i might be bias as we sell esco at work.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
Steve I was so consumed with all of the full scale equipment I didn't take any pics of our RC models.

Ed, actually all of the rc models in that photo are 1/16 scale. But, yes the Tonkas like very small next to Steve's 9W.
Hey Scott, I'm glad you and your Dad enjoyed your selves so much. I figured once you got on some real iron you would get addicted How's the Mack tandem's bed look? I know it needs some new side boards. I hope I didn't chip it up too bad. Once we get one of those Specktrum radios I know this thing won't glitch I didn't take but 4 pictures all weekend (as usual) because I thought you were snapping some. Mike was watching your video this morning of you on Howard's Insley dragline. I never ran one piece of equipment all weekend because I was so infactuated with making my drag work in the dirt for the first time since my 8yr build
Old 08-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Hey Steve Looks great ...good photos and nice pile of dire ...your equipment probably got as much attention as the 1 ;1 machine and you can bet no one will ever bring a 9 W to the show at least the 1to 1
I think your right Lou, My older son's girlfriend was there watching and commented "There's more people watching your dad's machine"
But the 1:1 1926 Erie B and 1913 Thew "0" steam shovels really get the looks.
One of my buddies,Scotty, said we ought to cut up all the big stuff and play with these because their easier to move Friday evening we had about 20 people standing around in the dark watching and running by pick-up truck headlights SmallHaul Scott's machines. A couple of times his trucks went over the "High Wall"
Old 08-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
glad too see you guys are having some fun with your toys keep up the good work. not that it would work for your but TWC collectibles has a very nice 8750 bucket that just came out and well you can get in CQMS there is only set up that i like see and that is esco but than i might be bias as we sell esco at work.
I looked one of those buckets over and they don't look like they would hold up and their not heavy enough. I would like to get all three and put them on my shelf with my other two dragline salesman samples. One is a Red Plastic 5-7yd ESCO witch I scaled for my 9CY steel bucket and the other is a very nice 4CY PAGE Engineering Patent or Salesman sample. Both are complete with all the rigging and I am going to scale those pieces too and even put the wedges in the sockets.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Here's the videos I managed to remember to take. D9 Joe,That's my son Mike at the radio. He was just getting used to the operation and it's a little jerky
Once both of us got on to it,it would respond very nicely. By Sunday It was really producing material,We had a pile about 30'' high 65'' across -about 2900 scale CY. and I was able to load Scott's Mack without hitting the bed My bucket is just big enough to fit in side his bed. It usually takes 2 full buckets to fill his bed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Scentlessapprentice9#p/u

http://www.youtube.com/user/Scentles.../1/MMyO-kaMkng

http://www.youtube.com/user/Scentles.../2/mrUtgb-uPgE
Old 08-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thumbs up Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Hey 9W those are some nice videos. Ed
Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Steve was that you running that for real dragline? Ed
Old 08-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Unbelievable how well the models move dirt just like the 1:1's. When put in a true working environment, they look so real. Interesting, the comment about more people watching the models that the real things. Anything that is different and well done, people will watch and wonder. Great!

Ken Sharp
Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Craftsman

Great videos steve-that dirt looks like perfect digging for models. Is their 110 power available there?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Steve, There is only one little mark on the left side board. Actually I was hoping there would be more marks/dents on it so, that you can tell it has been used to haul dirt. I could mark it up with a screwdriver but, that would be faking it...not

It was funny, when someone rolled the old Ford tonka dump truck they felt horrible and I just laughed because the entire truck is metal except for the axle housings so, rolling it won't hurt anything.

I was amazed that after all of my equipment being run by so many people only the bull dozer broke. The dozer is an easy fix too, the left drive wheel just needs to be re-glued to the hub. We were using the 4x4 tonka DT to push the Mack up the hill a couple times and I lost one of the headlights but, when I unloaded the 4runner yesterday I found the headlight laying on the floor!

"No load is too Small"