RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 02-04-2015, 03:43 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I was going to suggest that...

Here's a machinery trailer that's simpler & quicker use than a scissor neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3FDPryPhwo

Joe
Old 02-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Hey joe I got the printer back up and running,

I like the sliding axle trailer. With the parts I have I figured a folding gooseneck is doable. The parts on my shelf need a home . I'm going to try and use the firgilli actuators and full size tires I have. After mocking some parts up I may still have to have a little bit of drop for the back wheels. Am trying to avoid purchasing smaller wheels. Kind of a home inventory build I guess. At least that's how most of them start right? Lol!!! I have been using dry graphite on the dozer, clings to aluminum well and cheep. The stuff I have is in a bucket and just brush on. Dirty but effective

I have a mini-barn delivery guy that has one heck of trailer, extends an extra 20', can rotate the barn 360 degrees, dovetail moves left/right, has drop wheels to lift and move complete trailer left/right, rollers, winch, all the bells and the remote controller is close to the size of a bigger cell phone!!! Next time I see him I'll get a pic
Old 02-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Boy reg I could really use your expertise in welding some alum!!! I may try and set up the mig for aluminum. Never done that, I just need to get a bottle of gas. I think all the welds I would need to do will be hidden . I could make it out of sheet steel but think that may lend to be on the heavy side? And I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make it a drop deck with the wheels I'm using. I think I remember somewhere you guys moving the fifth wheel up to get more weight on the front. How far do you guys move it? 1/4"? The truck is using stock tranny but high turn motor. It would be nice if I can haul the excavator less than 60# if I remember. But before I get too involved with this I am going to see if the configuration I'm thinking of with the actuators I want to make sure they will lift it. (Instead of the usual build it and then find out )
Old 02-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the trailer will look awesome, especially if you get the actuators working and dialed in. As far as pulling weight, even though you have a higher turn motor i would highly recommend a gear reduction, easiest to use at this point so you dont have to modify much would be the one rick sells at garden. Its on the pricey side but well worth the money by far. I can stand on a trailer and my Ct 660 will pull me with no problem or hesitation, so moving an excavator or any other machine you put on it should not be a problem. Good luck and keep the pics coming!
Old 02-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Looks like a great start! I like it with the full size wheels. Certainly more typical of what you see here on the island anyway. I am no welding expert that's for sure. I have only tried MIG welding aluminum once with a spool gun so I can't give much advice there. Aluminum is fussy so make sure you remove any anodizing, paint or mess from your material before welding or the weld will be porous, weak and ugly. I agree with Brian that you need a gear reduction of some sort. I don't see you having any problem making your own though if you want to spend some time and save some money.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road

Hey
I like your project. and yes i agree it,s hard to weld aluminum. However there is some other things out there that might work. Look at this. http://muggyweld.com/aluminum-to-brass-solder I am going to try this out soon.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'm still in the concept phase, I bent some 22 gauge steel up to make some I-beams. With some well placed supports and gussets it might not be that heavy with steel. Would save a lot of work for me. Again still not sure what direction I'm going. I have been wanting to get some of that muggy weld.

I had to break out the super design tools,,,

LEGGOS!!!! still play with em!!!!
Old 02-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I was going to suggest that...

Here's a machinery trailer that's simpler & quicker use than a scissor neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3FDPryPhwo
Thanks for posting that Joe, I did'nt think anybody watched the videos.

Greate work cooper and I am sure you will be happy with what you end up with and yes I still play with Lego's.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 02-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post

Greate work cooper and I am sure you will be happy with what you end up with and yes I still play with Lego's.

Travis
We still play with legos too LMAO we have a 7 gal trash can full to the top not including the sets that are still built
Old 02-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol, my wife would harass me for getting Legos!! Every year we have a meeting in Orlando, basically stay at downtown Disney where a legoland store is. Gives me some away from home building to do!! Use to build them and give to nephews once home. But now they don't play with Legos so I've kept them for myself.

I made some pieces of I-beam from 22 guage steel. Put a little camber in them, love to see trailers with camber in. For just tacking together they are stronger than I thought and light too. So I may go the steel build. Basically a steel skeleton with wood decking. Gonna try and make it able to handle 60#.

The pics don't show it well but from side it's rather a smooth curve.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:50 AM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Perfect touch on the camber arch, what were you thinking of doing for suspension?
Old 02-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice. I'll be watching this one. Are you still going to the folding neck? Either way this will be a nice addition to you impressive collection of construction equipment.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:28 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Travis
I was originally looking for your bi-fold beavertail trailer (I think it was you that did this), but you must have put that on photobucket video, eh?

Joe
Old 02-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive RC View Post
Perfect touch on the camber arch, what were you thinking of doing for suspension?
Looking around I figured a mock air ride suspension would work best. It's the simplest and gives me the most room for clearance and size of frame.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaf343 View Post
Very nice. I'll be watching this one. Are you still going to the folding neck? Either way this will be a nice addition to you impressive collection of construction equipment.
Yup, still trying my luck with a folding neck. I have two actuators that I think will work. And even if they don't have enough power to lift a full load I could add two more for a total of 4. I've seen this style trailer with four hydraulic cylinders so it would still be somewhat scale. Only problem I see so far (more for sure) is I may end up having to get shorter actuators.

Joe I do like the sliding axle trailer and great build on that one!! Thanks for sharing

Made the outer beams today and some cross members. So far I'm planning on housing battery and electronics above the rear axles. Long wire run for servos (actuators) but takes a touch weight off front.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Looking sweat! I like the folding neck. A few of the off-highway lowbeds around here are that style.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

I used them in the U S Military. http://olive-drab.com/images/id_m870_trailer_03_700.jpg No hydraulics, just a winch on the tractor, and no landing legs.
Cheers, Neil.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Looking sweat! I like the folding neck. A few of the off-highway lowbeds around here are that style.
I haven't seen many (or any) rc like I'm trying to do so I figured it would be cool

Some more work in progress pics

I'm slowly getting better at welding this thin stuff, but it's getting decking so they aren't going to be seen, as long as I don't flip it over
Old 02-07-2015, 01:41 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Depending on how many channels your transmitter has, just throw another receiver back there in the trailer and plug into the channels you're not using on the tractor. You can link as many receivers to a transmitter as you want in parallel. If you want two dump boxes to go up together just plug the ESC into the same port on both receivers and they'll both work together! Also you'll have to get a BEC to power up the receiver back in the trailer unless you have an ESC for a screw drive or something else
Rob
Old 02-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Blasted and ground, need a bigger blast cabinet!! If I make the wheel frame I doesn't fit in cabinet . And starting to figure out a spring (air bag) suspension set up. The arms may be short but it's what alumninum stock I had.