RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > R/C Truck's Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories

RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories Welded aluminum dump boxes and more

Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 PM

A.ash is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP57's first King...

Those boxes look great. Where did you get the material for the sides?

Alan
Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Hi Reg I don't plan on using it but what about the people that use the rubber for dirt will the gate release then? I don't imagine there is much weight with that stuff and the gate won't release. Ed
Old 11-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Looking good Reg!!!!
Cheer's, Neil.
Thanks Neil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
Great job Reg! I've been watching quietly, no comments til now....!...that 1/32" between the bumper and hoist base is just unacceptable, such a hack! Baahahaha. Just kidding, many people will love to have a bed and fine working mechanism. The magnets are a great idea, the one I did works great, attracts all the metal too , I wish I had a gold magnet though.

Ben
Smart azz! I hope you are right and I can make a few people happy with these. I have been working on this stuff almost daily for a month with many ideas thrown to the scrap pile. I think I have finally figured out some things that are strong and look the part without being too complex but time will tell what others think. We have a lot of iron in the ground around here and yes the magnets are fuzzy already! I also wish that they attracted gold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.ash View Post
Those boxes look great. Where did you get the material for the sides?

Alan
Thanks Alan, I am making the side pieces in a press. It starts out as 16 gauge sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Hi Reg I don't plan on using it but what about the people that use the rubber for dirt will the gate release then? I don't imagine there is much weight with that stuff and the gate won't release. Ed
I plan on setting it up so that you can remove some of the steel that the magnets stick to. I know this is something that will have to be done manually but I think most people haul the same material most of the time be it dirt, rubber or whatever so it's not like you would change the setup after every load. I could make the stuff more complicated but that will only increase the price.

Well I'm off to town to pick out a color for the KH!