RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:45 PM

Tinbender is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Building a trainer

Espeefan,

I think ( I know I shouldn't do that) you are on the right track. After I removed the back of the radio and made sure the spring was tensioned all the way up and moved the joy stick to ensure it did go back to center, I replaced the back on the radio and went to the truck. I just unplugged one of the motor wires, plugged in the batteries, and turned on the truck. Nothing. I turned off the truck, turned on the radio, turned the truck back on. Nothing. I turned off the truck, re-plugged the motor wire and turned the truck back on, I got the buzzing again. I felt the ESC and no vibration (I have it mounted on Velcrow). I touched the motor and there is a slight vibration. I eased the joy stick up (for forward) and the wheels started to spin. I eased the joy stick down (for reverse) and the buzz stopped and the wheels did not turn. I watched the marks on the joy stick and the dot on the moving part bearly go past the center mark when the buzz stopped. I am thinking the trim needs to be reset. Or the radio needs to be re-educated (maybe the operator needs the education). I have the manual so now I need to read on how to reset it and then let you know.

Question I have is...Could this be as a result of switching the spring from the right joy stick, because it was spring loaded to second gear, to the left, to have the throttle spring loaded to neutral, have something to do with it? Did I screw the pooch royally here?

Thanks,

tinbender

Last edited by Tinbender; 11-17-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:08 AM

Got all issues fixed with the noise and stop points on the truck. Now where is the next show? LOL. Thanks to all for the input.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:44 PM

Thinking about a gear reduction and new drive-shafts. Also thinking about replacing all the bushing and going with bearings. Who do I see about these?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:06 PM

Decided to go another route. I am selling out! I tried to get the hang of controlling this truck and I just can't get my big fat fingers to slow down on the joy stick enough to drive it properly. So I am selling everything. I will be listing what all I have and I will give a price for the whole setup.

You guys and gals have a ball. My other hobby is calling my name and that one I know I can do.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:12 PM

This is crazy! I have to post 50 times in order to sell out. And I am at 49. So lets just do a junk post so I can list my truck to sell it.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:15 PM

The building was interesting and some fun. But the driving was a real bust for me. But you all go have a ball.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:14 PM

SOLD and shipped.
For some reason my "for sale" thread has disappeared. Go figure!