RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 08-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Your rights Reg...... I have a problem and should really get it looked at.

http://youtu.be/q9Tw113ERnA
Old 08-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Big day in the RC park! A newspaper reporter came by for an interview and photo shoot of my area. This is the first time ever with all my RC fleet in the yard at once. Now the interview is done, it's 2 in the afternoon, time to get some work done!

http://youtu.be/kl3M4UfaH8w
Old 08-23-2015, 12:50 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

That is a very cool back yard.
ive seen alot of home make over garden shows due to the wives interests , now if they had gardens like yours I would be dead keen to watch the shows.

nice job

cheers andy
Old 08-23-2015, 01:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I wonder if you will get the same shyt storm of publicity that Joe got years ago? Hopefully all the negative comments from "normal people" don't follow. Oh well, even if you become the new weirdo who plays in his backyard with "children's toys" we will all still be here for you. I think it's great that you got some attention. You have put in a lot of effort to assemble that fleet and have built a great area to play in. I can't believe all the people we meet at shows that had no idea this existed and how impressed they are with it. Your backyard being in a paper like that is a great way to bring more people into the hobby.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:06 PM

chris1210 is on a distinguished road

Great finding, just saw your post on FB. Do you have any photo of how the light poles will look at night?

Last edited by chris1210; 08-23-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Hi Mario looks great ,maybe one day Mack might crawl out your pit road ! Mike
Old 08-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Super cool! I am impressed, also a little jealous I also would like to see night shots with the lights.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
That is a very cool back yard.
ive seen alot of home make over garden shows due to the wives interests , now if they had gardens like yours I would be dead keen to watch the shows.

nice job

cheers andy
Thanks Andy I appreciate it. . And what a great idea! How about a gardening show that uses nothing but RC's ? That way everybody is happy and the husband and wife are watching TV together once again. Lol
My park is reality, and there's all kinds of reality TV shows out there. Why not have another?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I wonder if you will get the same shyt storm of publicity that Joe got years ago? Hopefully all the negative comments from "normal people" don't follow. Oh well, even if you become the new weirdo who plays in his backyard with "children's toys" we will all still be here for you. I think it's great that you got some attention. You have put in a lot of effort to assemble that fleet and have built a great area to play in. I can't believe all the people we meet at shows that had no idea this existed and how impressed they are with it. Your backyard being in a paper like that is a great way to bring more people into the hobby.
Thanks Reg. the reporter emailed me saying my story got bumped, a few things happened in the city so he said it'll be next weekend before he can publish.
I'm sure I'll get some negative comments but if they say I'm crazy, that means everyone of you guys and all the others on other forums are crazy too! Strenght in numbers I say.
yes I'd like to help grow and give the hobby exposure. best case scenario, I find one or two locals who are in the hobby and I won't feel so lonely in my big park all by myself. ....and they can't be weird or psyco!..... Could be alone for awhile....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1210 View Post
Great finding, just saw your post on FB. Do you have any photo of how the light poles will look at night?
Thanks. I've tried a couple times to get pics with my IPad but end up with a pic that looks like a bunch of white dots.
my wife has our digital camera and is out of town right now so can't take decent pics till next weekend. I'll post.
The lights are about 20" from the ground and cast a light of about 2.5 - 3ft in diameter. The brightness would be about the same as a typical night light in a hallway or kids bedroom I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Hi Mario looks great ,maybe one day Mack might crawl out your pit road ! Mike
Thanks Mike. Don't speak so hypothetically! Remove the maybe and say , " one day Mack will crawl out your pit road" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Super cool! I am impressed, also a little jealous I also would like to see night shots with the lights.
Thanks Jo. I'm sorry you feel jealous but glad too . This is my " field of dreams" I'm building it so people will want to come.

Didn't make it all for myself. Ever since I went to Indy and experienced RC heaven, everything I've done since that trip is try to bring that experience home to my backyard. I have the scene, now I just need the people.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Supermario-you have a really nice lay out and some good looking equipment. Nice work!!
Old 08-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Supermario-you have a really nice lay out and some good looking equipment. Nice work!!
Thanks Tom. I got lots accomplished with the fleet and the yard this year. Did a lot more building than playing but all worth it. Already looking forward to next spring and a little more balance of building and playtime.

For the longest time I've been trying to think of a name for the park. Eventually want to create a town with various buildings and maybe a railway. ( Mike ) so at first I was thinking of calling it Suemarville. Recently I asked a few buddies in our club what they thought. One of them had a great suggestion, we have foxes in our yard on a daily basis. There's a mother and 2 Cubs that come and play, relax or just pass through our backyard. He suggested we call it Foxville.
i like it!

Anyway, reason for this post! Took a closer look at these little snake lights I got from crappy tire and very happy with what I see! Comes apart easy and will be very simple to upgrade.

I was really happy to see the common sized 5mm led which is almost identical to the ones I've been using in the trucks! i can toss these crappy low voltage lights and use the 12V lights I've got on hand. I think these lights are gonna be bright like stadium lights at a ball park! Lol
Old 08-30-2015, 10:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Due to my own stupidity I accidentally connected battery power to my screening plant with wrong polarity the other day. It ultimately caused a meltdown of a ESC when the magic smoke got out.
Fortunately it didn't bring the entire operation to a halt. Just lost the vibration motor on the off loading chute.

http://youtu.be/N9GaMoCglic

In the meantime, I have enough material to run through screener and do some road base work.So today I got about 6-7 loads done when I snapped the Z arm pin on the loader which really brings things to a halt! ...when it rains it pours! Can't complain though, just a fact of wear n tear. I'm glad it happened now late in the season. i can come up with a quick fix to get me through the next month then have all winter to upgrade proper.

No vids today but did take a few pics....

Old 09-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did get a few video clips the other day and figured I'd put them together to make this. Nothing fancy, to be honest, I'm starting to feel like making videos Is a chore with my IPad. Cuts into play time way too much. I need to up my game and get a real video camera and tripod! ( hey! Sounds like my Xmas wish list all of a sudden! )

http://youtu.be/VHZUvd8emnU
Old 09-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Finally caught up with the dirt pile from the pit. Got home today and thought about doing some digging in the pit for the first time in months. A beautiful hot day today and didn't feel like brining out the hoe, truck, conveyor.... So to heck with that, all I want to do is dig for an hour so just like old days before I had all this stuff, I grabbed the hoe and went digging that's it.
Seems I've gotten a little wiser since my early days of digging and dealing with roots. Before I would just rip and tear at them not worried about the machine ( testing limits I guess. ) but now I know better and have made the root work more fun to deal with.
Instead of catching and trying to rip them out, when I find them I expose and work around them. Its great practice at doing more precise digging. Made me think of what digging around water lines would be like.

Only one trip from the basement, an hour in the pit and mission accomplished. Stress of the day is gone, the weekend begins and I dug some dirt.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Something I've been wanting to do all summer. Make a video of the entire process. Been avoiding the task because I knew it would be a lot of work and just wasn't up for it. Well, this is probably the last beautiful weather weekend we're going to have this year so I finally got er done!
Sit down get comfy, my longest video yet. I'm no videographer by any means but enjoy trying this kind of thing.

Hope everyone is entertained, that's the objective.

http://youtu.be/EHd8ZVf-TvU
Old 09-27-2015, 07:20 PM

jasonthekid is on a distinguished road

Very cool! That little dozer pushes very well. Really like the weigh station as well
Old 09-27-2015, 09:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Looking good!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks guys. . The dozer has gone way beyond my expectations for a first time toy RC upgrade. I've got it all buttoned up and ready for testing in the yard tomorrow with the new weight and undercarriage installed.
With that done, and I'm sure testing will go well, , I figured it was time to clean up shop and start with a clean slate before tackling the next project. And that's where things get tricky?... What to do next?
I could use a D5 around the screener.... A D11 in the pit would help around the excavator..... I need a roller for road building.... And still need to get the crawler crane set up for the dock.

I'm leaning towards more dozer work and maybe have a trio of them by next spring?

Old 10-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

I want to come and work for you Mario, it like a operating room!! Clean!!! Fleet looks great!! So have you got any strange calls anout the paper article? New hobbiests? I keep getting told to take my two projects up to the local cat dealer. I always figured they would look at me like a nut!! So if you were working and some weirdo showed up with these "toys" what would your fellows do? I recently had one leg of my electric meter cook and the electricitan happen to walk into garage and see the toys,,, he went nuts, took pics and even stopped back later that day with someone else to say " I told you". They said I should definately go up to cat with them.

So what about that play date next year? I could be inclined to jump border, make a small vacation out of it .
Old 10-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

hmm i think you might have forgot something it is a biggie but a grader say 24 m would look soo good in the the family lol
Old 10-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I want to come and work for you Mario, it like a operating room!! Clean!!! Fleet looks great!! So have you got any strange calls anout the paper article? New hobbiests? I keep getting told to take my two projects up to the local cat dealer. I always figured they would look at me like a nut!! So if you were working and some weirdo showed up with these "toys" what would your fellows do? I recently had one leg of my electric meter cook and the electricitan happen to walk into garage and see the toys,,, he went nuts, took pics and even stopped back later that day with someone else to say " I told you". They said I should definately go up to cat with them.

So what about that play date next year? I could be inclined to jump border, make a small vacation out of it .
Thanks RW. I'd give up my clean space to do the work and build the things you do in your shop.
I guess that's one of the things I bring home from work. " clean up as you work, not just when your done the work "......translation, my job is dirty but I'm a clean freak.
The article response has been mild. No weirdos yet. As a matter of fact, got a voicemail from another local online news network reporter that wants to do a video!
Can't wait to see what comes of that. Would be nice to have somebody else worry about filming and just let me play.

Play date is not confirmed yet but target is early August and that would be great if you could make it!