RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > East Coast Mini Truckers Club

Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2012 - Cabin Fever Photos

Great pics guys.

Had a great time and I am glad that there was a good turnout. I hope we have a good turnout again next year.

"No load is too Small"
Old 01-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Wow!! Great pictures-Looks like a fun time was had by all-and what a great turnout of "famous people". How was the dirt? It looks like it might have been sandy and wet. I still can't get over the detail on DP9's dozer. Fantastic! And looks like it moves a lot of dirt!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Wow!! Great pictures-Looks like a fun time was had by all-and what a great turnout of "famous people". How was the dirt? It looks like it might have been sandy and wet. I still can't get over the detail on DP9's dozer. Fantastic! And looks like it moves a lot of dirt!
Wish you could have attended Tom. The dirt was some kind of screenings that resembled "kitty Litter" but the small stones were hard. We couldn't get real dirt because it was way too wet to bring in. The first pile was there 2 days before we started and the second load was delivered on Friday. The second was pretty wet and I had build up in my bucket but not too bad. The material did pack very well and broke out real nice with my bucket and I had full buckets with ease. But the smaller rigs did have trouble on the small stones. Joe had some problems with the stones getting into his track links as well as the ejector on his scraper,but his D9 could really push! he knocked off a couple feet of the newer pile in no time.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Yeah steve-It looked like the dirt was really sticking to the tracks of the dozer but I'm sure it was still fun. That truck of IH steve's is a brute! Looked like a good size to load with the dragline. I would liked to have been there. I have never used my shovel on a high pile of dirt (to simulate a hi-wall) and I'm curious to see how it would work in those conditions but maybe another time. I don't know who all those trucks belonged to but they were some nice looking rigs.

Last edited by modelman; 01-17-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Green Horn

cabrover is on a distinguished road

Looks like you all had a great time!! Thanks for sharing, maybe next year!!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

no problem Steve I think for this we need a dozer and roller for the walk to the trailer next year

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:33 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Well it was only 2700 MILES to go and play for awhile. Had a great time getting to see some of you guys again and getting to meet some new people. Great group of guys at this show and some really nice models. Pics don't do these models justice, there are some talented people here. Thanks for letting me join in on the fun.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Joe, it was great to see you there! I give you a lot of credit for driving 200 miles! Your 9 amazes me every time Ive seen it. Its just an awesome piece of machinery.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

joe , it was great to meet you And see the 9 in person . It got me back on track for my td40 all my future trucks are on hold till I get some iron running . I'm glad you made it back safe .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Joe, it was great to see you there! I give you a lot of credit for driving 200 miles! Your 9 amazes me every time Ive seen it. Its just an awesome piece of machinery.
200 miles, Thats a good one Brain. That truck you built looks so real, and will tote the load too.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
joe , it was great to meet you And see the 9 in person . It got me back on track for my td40 all my future trucks are on hold till I get some iron running . I'm glad you made it back safe .
It's about time you do something. Great to meet you as well.

My wife and nephew had a great time too.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Well it was only 2700 MILES to go and play for awhile. Had a great time getting to see some of you guys again and getting to meet some new people. Great group of guys at this show and some really nice models. Pics don't do these models justice, there are some talented people here. Thanks for letting me join in on the fun.
So glad you made it up to visit Joe. Glad to have met you your wife and nephew. I see you had a safe trip home. I really enjoyed seeing your dozer working and you were able to get it going with the minor breakdown.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:08 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I had a great time at this exhibition of hobby everything, meet some of the great fellows that I had known through the forums for many yrs, and some of them I had a very pleasureable conversation with... however, didn't get a chance to chitchat with everyone, just not enough time during Saturday.

Spent some time tinkering on D9Joe's dozer, getting a close look at how well Joe skillfully built it. And tinkered on Jammer's JD450 hoe and given some runtime on it too. I spent a good couple of hrs trying to learn the skill of operating Smallhaul's dragline, I have new appreciation for Scott's ability to make it look so easy, I really struggled with it! Got a good look at IHSteve's machining abilities, noticing with each new part on each new model he builds, the quality just keeps getting more definitive. And also to see John's & Brian's show quality trks in person, that paint is buffed to such perfection that one would never guess the bodies were not handcrafted from metal! Truely awesome to drool over in person, not a blemish to be seen anywhere.

All in all a great day at this hobby expo! Lots to see, including everything around us with boats, & trains, & planes, & scale minature engines running on air, gas & alcohol, tools galore to drool over.

But I can't help but be somewhat disappointed that it was really only one day that we were able to hang out with one another & play together. Much too short of an event after travelling so far to get to.

I made it home last night, just in time to enjoy this luvly -36 weather we had today for a daytime high. I should have paid the penalty & rescheduled my trip home a few days later Scott, then perhaps I could have mastered kicking your azz in the slot cars.

Joe
Old 01-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like a good time for sure. Shame it was only a day. I couldn't personally justify driving that far for one day of play.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
Thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like a good time for sure. Shame it was only a day. I couldn't personally justify driving that far for one day of play.
The show was three days. I got there late on Thursday and could have made it 4 days.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I should have paid the penalty & rescheduled my trip home a few days later Scott, then perhaps I could have mastered kicking your azz in the slot cars.
Ha! Some time in the future your slot car driving skills will be put to the test...

"No load is too Small"