RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Losiassociated

Default Re: new semi rims from rc4wd

I agree with tracksntreadslou,and sneaky-pete.
And my .02s are you guys are never happy if you don't like them don't buy them geeezzz!WOW!!
Greg
Old 11-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losiassociated View Post
I agree with tracksntreadslou,and sneaky-pete.
And my .02s are you guys are never happy if you don't like them don't buy them geeezzz!WOW!!
Greg
HUH who said I'm not happy I always welcome competition

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:55 AM
White Line Fever

roadranger is on a distinguished road

My $.02, if you're gonna come out with scale wheels, then do it RIGHT!
If you can't do it right, then expect to get some heat from discerning customers.

So many in this hobby are satisfied to settle for caricatures of truck bodies and accessories. jeeze WOW!

I haven't and WON'T buy them...

Jim B.
Colorado Springs

Last edited by roadranger; 11-28-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road

Ok, thanks for shedding some light on the subject.

And sorry for not reading the post Travis.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

There has never been anything wrong with a little constructive criticism. It would have been nice to see RC4WD do a little prototyping, show the pre-production samples, and then get some feedback. The thing is a lot of us want the most scale, most accurate models we can get, in this hobby. If we don't speak up and let manufacturers know how we feel about their products, then when they roll out a dud and say 'Gee, no one bought those rims we did a while back, so that scale trucking segment of the hobby is not a money maker for us. I guess we can't afford to make any other products for those guys.' When in fact they could have made some money, if they took the time to make a better product.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
There has never been anything wrong with a little constructive criticism. It would have been nice to see RC4WD do a little prototyping, show the pre-production samples, and then get some feedback. The thing is a lot of us want the most scale, most accurate models we can get, in this hobby. If we don't speak up and let manufacturers know how we feel about their products, then when they roll out a dud and say 'Gee, no one bought those rims we did a while back, so that scale trucking segment of the hobby is not a money maker for us. I guess we can't afford to make any other products for those guys.' When in fact they could have made some money, if they took the time to make a better product.
Well said.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

X2 you are very right Nate..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:46 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

you said it better than I , Nate : big thumbs up :

Old 11-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Green Horn

SuperDutyScaler is on a distinguished road

im looking for a set of rear drives and after reading ur dislikes on the rc4wd who makes a more scale looking drive bud? thanks

o links please if u dont mind

Last edited by SonoranWraith; 11-28-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: merge posts
Old 11-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

The Guy above you...

One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...

Last edited by Tamiya Cowboy; 12-09-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Are those real wheels John? No wait, they're Steve's! I have been looking at this thread for the last week or so and I'm gonna add my input to it. Here are some pics from my dads old KW he has 8 steels budds and none of them have round holes. If your gonna do all the work to be "scale" them do it right. Steve's wheels are a masterpiece I have his 10 hole aluminum wheels and they are spot on replicas! His steel budds are just as nice and he does them himself one at a time! I also think that a prototype with feedback from us "truck guys" would have been better for these fellows. Good luck!

Brian

Last edited by Brian in PA; 12-09-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I changed my post on rc4wd thread on scale to just say delete apparently they don't want an honest opinion the just want you to praise their product. They are convinced in their mind that these rims are the greatest thing and they could have been with a little more research. I just hope they are paying attention to the comments instead of just going on the defence and learn something they can use in future projects. This situation is why companies use focus groups and prototypes.

Travis

Old 12-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Semi Joe

i think there pretty nice rims

yes the holes need to be oval, but other then that there nice

Old 12-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Out of control

Well here is what RC4WD should have made and no finishing needed when you get them + the fronts are driven super singls.

Travis

Old 12-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm tryin Boss!

Stylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura aboutStylin n profilin has a spectacular aura about

X2 Travis..

One Bus Stop Short Of The Short Bus...
Old 12-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

MAN! Ain't you boys got nothin better to do than ***** over there rims?
You don't like em,don't flippin buy them. Rc4wd has a lot of nice products that we all use,RIGHT?? If you boys ripe them a new a$$ when they come out w/something new.They might just throw our hobby on the back burner AGAIN! Yu know what I mean?? Now I know there's a lot of us that are makin stuff for our gig,& I highly doubt anyone of us had it perfect on the first shot. If I was one of the guys from Rc4wd,& read this.I'de be tellin yu to git F-ed & make your own shyt! Yu know...... One of us could be nice & drop them a message.Maybe something like,Hey guys thanks for makin us some rims.But!The holes need to be adjusted to look more like the 1:1s.Then send them a picture of what they should look like.
Just my 02 worth on the topic.
FGD
Old 12-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Thanks FGD, you said what I was thinking. Life is short guys, and if some company is making parts lets smile and keep on modeling. Its all good, may not be perfect, but its all good.

greg
Old 12-10-2010, 04:50 PM

nuff is enough , I appreciate the kind words guys , but fdg and Greg is right . Besides , till I get these on a cnc machine , I can't supply the whole hobby
( be nice )

IHSteve

Old 12-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Out of control

Well this has been bugging me so I took some pics today I wont wast my breath on scale as RC4WD has decided the holes are round and we are all wrong.

I also sent these pictures to RC4WD and I was nice about it because I do appreciate the parts they make. I just don't like having a guy look at a couple pics and tell everybody they are the one's who are wrong without measuring the real thing!

Travis

Last edited by fhhhstix; 12-14-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Well this has been bugging me so I took some pics today I wont wast my breath on scale as RC4WD has decided the holes are round and we are all wrong.

I also sent these pictures to RC4WD and I was nice about it because I do appreciate the parts they make. I just don't like having a guy look at a couple pics and tell everybody they are the one's who are wrong without measuring the real thing!

Travis
Now this you should be postin on scale! See'ins on how it's what angle your lookin from Yu know what I mean?
FGD