RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2 IH 433 payscrapers (ps433-2 moves)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Hello Steve that pan is looking real good and so does that lowboy it setting on I need one. Ed
thanks Ed , I tried It out today with both motors running ( back to the shelf it went ) . hollow mammoth tires just aren't going to cut it just spins the wheels in the tires . So I'm going to get my dozer going , then revisit these later .

Ed I'm not ready yet to make lowboys yet

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Steve can't you fill the tires with silicone or a hose that will help and give it a little weight to ? Ed
Old 11-15-2010, 01:39 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Steve can't you fill the tires with silicone or a hose that will help and give it a little weight to ? Ed
Ed , the weight or filling is not the issue , it's the wheels spinning in the tires . I found the tires I want on RC-machines just a mater of watching our $ inflate and becoming worthless next to the euro + lack of it also and I'm sick of trying to be low budget ( Impossible ) . So I don't care how long it takes , these are going to be the way I want them , If I got to make everything on them

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Steve if you had a hose inside the tire and get some 3 M Scotch Weld it is an epoxy and will hold on the rubber and aluminum and the tires won't spin. Ed
Old 11-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Ed , I've been toying with getting them filled at my tire guy like they do for skid steers . I just want to get my wheels made first , so it looks right then get them filled right up .

Old 11-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

3M 008115 epoxy that stuff is as strong as steel holds the steel to steel great and it hold to fiberglass and plastics great won't come off if it does it would be the first time i have ever seen it happen i used it on car rubber bumper covers and putting body kits on cars if you get it on a 5/16 bolt grade 8 it will snap it off but yea i get what you mean low funds and lots of things you want/ need to get to build things the way you want them

Last edited by td9clyde; 11-18-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: mixed numbers
Old 11-18-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
3M 008115 epoxy that stuff is as strong as steel holds the steel to steel great and it hold to fiberglass and plastics great won't come off if it does it would be the first time i have ever seen it happen i used it on car rubber bumper covers and putting body kits on cars if you get it on a 5/16 bolt grade 8 it will snap it off but yea i get what you mean low funds and lots of things you want/ need to get to build things the way you want them

have you tried it rubber to rubber ? but yea , somewhat low funds,time and not coming out the way I want kinda got me turned off it for a little while . right now I'm have some fun on the td40 . basically I can scrounge what I need right in my own yard with the exception of electrics and some gears small enough . all the gears I have are bigger then the dozer

Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Dozer Builder

yea it should you have to ruff it up real good 60 or 80 grit sand paper and you can glue metal with it instead of welding but it takes like 24 hours to cure and 12 to set up thats at 70 degrees
Old 11-19-2010, 08:38 AM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
yea it should you have to ruff it up real good 60 or 80 grit sand paper and you can glue metal with it instead of welding but it takes like 24 hours to cure and 12 to set up thats at 70 degrees
Can you bake it to speed curing?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Dozer Builder

i wouldn't bake it i would use a heat lamp or something
Old 11-25-2010, 09:52 AM

boy I wish I knew about HE forums when I started these . I found some great pics of these on there , now I know why they just don't seem right looks like a whole rebuild of the goose neck . I got it to wide at the bowl area . I also may reconfigure the motor arrangement , I got to much front hood .

Old 11-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Dozer Builder

don't take it hard i know the feeling lol i had to cut the whole rear quarter outta my terex dozer when i built it and i chopped the whole model in half cuz the front end was too long then on the D 7 it took me 4 tries to get the sweeps bent right thats why i blow the pic up to the scale i want along with other pics and measurements i tried the drawing it out thing with the pete i am pondering on needless to say it was off so i found the cab measurements and pics online and then blew them up now everything is proporsionedout right
Old 11-26-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
don't take it hard i know the feeling lol i had to cut the whole rear quarter outta my terex dozer when i built it and i chopped the whole model in half cuz the front end was too long then on the D 7 it took me 4 tries to get the sweeps bent right thats why i blow the pic up to the scale i want along with other pics and measurements i tried the drawing it out thing with the pete i am pondering on needless to say it was off so i found the cab measurements and pics online and then blew them up now everything is proporsionedout right
All I had was a machinery trader pic and some general info as for yard cap. , so I scaled it off a cat of that size , I was darn close . Thanks to Ken for the e-mail . the whole prob with the build was getting a hold of good 90 deg pics and aireal pics now I get to see them at this stage till I get some O&A for the torch and weeks of rethinking (designing ) they're on the shelf finally got over the downness of that and got deep into the td40 .

Old 11-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Dozer Builder

We need some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please lol
Old 11-26-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
We need some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please lol
calm down Henry I just got the 18 rollers off the lathe this morn by 7 now I'm making front idlers still have to order the bushings or make them . this is the longest part of the build ( track assm. )

Old 11-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Dozer Builder

lol i know what you mean the tracks i have to make all the pads and weld the links and grouser bars on yet lol and make the idlers and pick up some sprockets
Old 01-04-2011, 09:30 PM

just testing my YT upload , I have this vid posted from PB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUifLGLOt10

LMK if it works

IHSteve

Old 01-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Steve does this tranny have enough ratio for your scraper's? It's almost a micro Roadranger 8LL LOL!

http://store.rc4wd.com/3-Speed-Full-...ack_p_830.html

Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:16 PM

Guys , If all goes well I may have a supprise next week end I'm slowly getting out of this lil depressed state and pondered on how to get the pan to work with what I got well almost I just got to come up with at least 2 more esc,s and a servo arm . It's killing me not to see this bugger running .

IHSteve

Old 01-07-2011, 06:49 PM

here's some pics . touching up the paint a little and mounting a 1/4 size sevo for steering . I made a screw drive for the bowl lift and will do the same for the ejector . I have a 3racing winch I'm thinking of using for the apron .

made the a/c top while I was making truck a/c and tlt hubs since it was the same mtrl.

I'm going to stuff more pipe wrap ins. in the tires and see if that helps , (it should )

IHSteve