RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking has a new loader!

Hey all. I've had lots of questions about a closer look at the loader and I managed to take Sue's truck off the table without any evil looks tonight so I did some work on the loader

Here's a more detailed look at the guts of this thing. Sorry bout the erratic video its tough using an I pad !

http://youtu.be/gFxyc4-SWIM

I also uploaded a test of pushing and lifting power but I guess because I was lifting cans of Budweiser it was declined.
I will make another demo using something less commercial

Thanks for looking. Comments , questions ,suggestions welcome.

Mario
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting that! Maybe YouBoob thought that you were operating heavy machinery while under the influence...
Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Great video! I enjoyed it. I'm always interested in the mechanical side of things, and this is quite the conversion, but it's done very professionally. I didn't see what kind of motor(s) runs the axles though. Are they gearhead motors?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Thanks for posting that! Maybe YouBoob thought that you were operating heavy machinery while under the influence...
Lol, your probably right Reg. I watched the video again and you can't read the lettering on the can, it's just red and white so I couldn't figure out what happened? This is the first time I've been denied and then I noticed why.... Off in the corner of the screen you can see a box and the label clear as day. Moen, the plumbing fixture company. ( full of truck parts )
Will shoot another video after I recheck the kitchen floor area for advertising
Old 02-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Great video! I enjoyed it. I'm always interested in the mechanical side of things, and this is quite the conversion, but it's done very professionally. I didn't see what kind of motor(s) runs the axles though. Are they gearhead motors?
Glad you enjoyed The vid Nathan. It is amazing how well everything fits and works, very professional for sure.
I think the axle motors are his invention? Here is the link to his site which gives a good look at them.

http://hobbyocasion.xopie.com/en/pro...accion-con-eje

Mario
Old 02-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It must have just been a computer glitch that prevented my upload. I tried it again today, and it worked

Starting light and easy on the first test......

http://youtu.be/5BE_hwjYCvA
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Nice! It has a lot more pushing power than I expected.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Nice! The hydraulic system is really quick too. Now I see how the axles are powered. High torque servos, modified for continuous rotation. That's a nice compact system. Seems to have plenty of power.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Nice! It has a lot more pushing power than I expected.
Ok Reg, here's test 2 for pushing power...... NOW I'm impressed! We all know what a custom stretched rig can weight. I pushed the chair and truck by hand first and thought.... No way it can do it! I tried once and thought holy #^}{ ! I gotta post a video!

http://youtu.be/N1LbphVww9s
Old 02-09-2013, 06:28 PM

dirthalr is on a distinguished road

That's pretty cool. Did you tear the two cabinet doors off testing the lifting capacity of the loader? Lol
Old 02-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey did you just bend the rear axle????
Old 02-10-2013, 05:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthalr View Post
That's pretty cool. Did you tear the two cabinet doors off testing the lifting capacity of the loader? Lol
Lol if I could tear the entire kitchen apart I would. Old house with crappy insulation. If we leave the doors on in the winter, mold starts to form in the back corner of cupboard
I need to gut the kitchen, re insulate, vapor barrier and new cupboards this summer.

Mario
Old 02-10-2013, 05:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Hey did you just bend the rear axle????
Hey, no I didn't! The front axle is straight and true but I noticed the rear has a slight wobble to it since I got the loader. I think it's the wheels mounting on axles and not the axle shafts.
I might break something trying to straighten so I'm leaving it alone. Not a major issue anyway.
That's it for pushing power test, this thing will dig into rubber, wood chips and probably sand with no problem!

Mario
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Wow Mario that's a nice conversion. The videos were great. I was waiting for someone small to sit in the chair to see if it would move lol. But that was impressive enough! Thank you for posting the link to the "drive motors", I think it just solved and majorly reduced the cost of powering a future bruder conversion I have on the self.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 AM

dirthalr is on a distinguished road

You should get a grapple bucket on the loader for when you remodel the kitchen. That would be AWESOME! :-)
Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Wow Mario that's a nice conversion. The videos were great. I was waiting for someone small to sit in the chair to see if it would move lol. But that was impressive enough! Thank you for posting the link to the "drive motors", I think it just solved and majorly reduced the cost of powering a future bruder conversion I have on the self.
My pleasure it was a leap of faith when I bought it. Wasn't sure of quality and durability and once I got it and saw how well it performed and was installed I knew I had something not made in China and had to share!
The servo drive system is very impressive and even with the exchange rate, you can rest assured you are getting good bang for your buck.
What also impressed me is the hydraulic power. If you notice in the video, to get proper traction , a lot of load was placed on the dump cylinder and yet it did not go over relief and fold in, it held the load very well.

Glad you enjoyed the video and sorry, no small kids in the house. Youngest is 18 so there better not be little ones running around!

Mario
Old 02-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthalr View Post
You should get a grapple bucket on the loader for when you remodel the kitchen. That would be AWESOME! :-)
I was born and raised on the logging industry and would love a tree length clam for the loader but that would mean I need a third valve and then the tank won't fit in the space...etc.
I'm sure it could be done but for now , from a mechanics point of view, I really like how well and easy everything sits and fits

What would really be awesome is an excavator with a thumb cylinder attachment

Mario
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I was born and raised on the logging industry and would love a tree length clam for the loader but that would mean I need a third valve and then the tank won't fit in the space...etc.
I'm sure it could be done but for now , from a mechanics point of view, I really like how well and easy everything sits and fits

What would really be awesome is an excavator with a thumb cylinder attachment

Mario
You could always use a high torque servo to open and close it!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Hey Mario great looking loader. Looks like that company has come a long way from what I have from them. I have a very early setup from them about a year and a half ago and everything looks to be built much better. I had the kit made for the 963 tracked loader and all the cylinders leaked out of the front terribly. I emailed the owner and he sent me new seals no questions asked and they arrived in a week. I was very impressed coming from Spain to the US. Anyways that worked for sealing them back up but then when I removed the caps I stripped one and decided to heck with it I'll keep them as a spare set if need be. I bought three cylinders from Ric at PMD and this loader is back up and running great.

I have one question for you though, does your pump and motor seem to run hot while operating or have you not run it enough to find out. Also what kind of battery life and run time are you getting out of the machine.

Looks great and I think I may be buying one soon and maybe have it going for our April show.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNmayhem View Post
Hey Mario great looking loader. Looks like that company has come a long way from what I have from them. I have a very early setup from them about a year and a half ago and everything looks to be built much better. I had the kit made for the 963 tracked loader and all the cylinders leaked out of the front terribly. I emailed the owner and he sent me new seals no questions asked and they arrived in a week. I was very impressed coming from Spain to the US. Anyways that worked for sealing them back up but then when I removed the caps I stripped one and decided to heck with it I'll keep them as a spare set if need be. I bought three cylinders from Ric at PMD and this loader is back up and running great.

I have one question for you though, does your pump and motor seem to run hot while operating or have you not run it enough to find out. Also what kind of battery life and run time are you getting out of the machine.

Looks great and I think I may be buying one soon and maybe have it going for our April show.

Thanks,
Tyler
Sorry Tyler, your right, I haven't run it enough yet to see if there's a heat issue with pump and motor.
I don't think I can wait till spring to run this but going in the wet snow is out of the question. So I'm thinking I might bring it to work on the weekend, couple bags of wood pellets on the shop floor and tune up my loader operating skills..
I'm very curious about battery run time also. I got it with a full charge, been doing minor driving and lifting. I checked voltage before doing the chair and truck push ( I learned about not letting a Lipo get below 7.0V ) and it was at 7.5 at the time of test.
I'm hoping the Lipo charge bag I ordered arrives soon so I can recharge.
This is my first experience with Lipo and I want to pay attention to warnings and proper procedures for them.

I will let ya know what I find about heat , I have a temperature gun at work to monitor with and will also see how long I can run for . I hope expecting at least an hour of run time is not unreasonable???

Mario