RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough
Default Yearly RC show, Indiana - NEW INDY

Alright folks, time to call your bluff.

The management team and other show promo to rs liked us so much at Lebanon this Spring that they have asked us to work with them for a re occurring yearly show.

Q - When ?
Late January. Every year. Without fail. Ours reserved. Right now late Jan. is open. Most any other time of year we fight with others. And if we get a year under our belt then we have first rights to the standing date.

Q - Where ?
No one county fair grounds, Indiana. Right off of I65, 30 minutes north of Indianapolis. Plenty of space, plenty of parking, good hotels, lots of food choices. The space is great. Clean buildings, lockable, clean restrooms. Etc.
Check out these threads for recent shows.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ad.php?t=12385

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ad.php?t=11044

Q - Why ?
We've all been bickering for years as to why we can't have a big show of our own. Well we have our chance, its ours for the taking.
Some of you heard about our fall out with toy trucker. Some have read their articales explaining our greediness. Some have even been contacted by toy trucker to do a show or two with them. In all we decision makers got fed up with funding their business so we had a place to play. As it was we were entertainment for their customers, as guests, but were expected to note than cover expenses.

Now its our show. I expect to share the space with Rc clubs. The bigger we get, the more space we get. We cover our costs and not line anyone's pockets.

Q - Space - is there enough???
Yes we have plenty. The room we were in for the garden show was as big as what we get at 'Indy'. We have direct access to twice that to start with an additional 12 thousand square feet more. So yes we have plenty. If our first year is low on attenedence we might have to use a smaller building, but we still have first rights. But I figure we can nearly fill the 2x Indy rooms now and edge into the larger very quickly.

Q - Rubber or Dirt?
Both, the building is technically the show arena. So they bring in dirt or saw dust regularly. They are willing to put dirt aside in the summer and hold it till January so it stays thawed just for us. With so much available space indoors under one roof, we can truck back and forth or whatever.

(Continued next posting)
Old 06-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Backyard enginier

Default Re: Yearly RC show, Indiana - NEW INDY

(Continued)

Q - Scale?
Most any. Not sure we have room for1:1 remote control or stand on mini Bob cats but we certainly have room for some larger model drag lines or 1/10 scale stuff. As usual slower scale speeds are a must.

If point in the future we are so big, we have big scale area and small scale then great. For the short term i dont see us having problems either. Just be respectfull that your 1/8 scale mining truck cant play on the 1/14 bridge.

Q - Farm, Trucking, Construction, Trains, Boats?
Yup. I think we have to draw a line at planes. Quad copters and such deal with all in door spaces better. In all as long as were not running into each other well all be fine.

Wouldn't it be neat if we could pull off some farming in between a mini pit and then over cross country to a bridge install? Small tight roads, some interstate, a couple reasonable bridges etc?

Q - Nitro vs Electric?
I'll have to ask. I dont believe they are set up for heavy nitro smoke situation. But some should not be a problem. Electric is always welcome.

Q - What can I do? ( that means you driver)
save some Xmas cash, reserve some vacation and come out and join us. We can't greatly change the date. I like the site and they love us. We have plans to help with the costs to minimize your out of pocket.

In all this is exactly what we have all been wanting. Our show, our rules, our space, our spectators, ours.

What's missing - you. Each and everyone of you. Without the collective us there is no show. In the past years we have seen plenty of drivers at Indy. But we've pushed people away and constrained ourselves to fulfill others desires. Now its ours

Ours to succeed, ours to take advantage of. Ours to loose if all we do is sit at home.

Thoughts?

Please post your questions and concerns. I'll be trying to get answers and finalize our thoughts and needs.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

GREAT NEWS, Chris!!!! What would we do without you and Travis! Come on guys get your acts together and let's make this as big or if not bigger than the European shows. We now have a place that wants us to be there with very little cost to the drivers or fliers. While it is not a permanent set-up- which would get boring to me- this is a chance for us to show the rest of the world what we can do. This means Tamiya and all of the European companies that won't listen to us as we are too small for them to notice.

Again, THANK YOU, Travis and Chris
Old 06-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Wannabe

Mustang46555 is on a distinguished road

This is fantastic news! Travis and Izzy, you guys rock!!!!!
Count me in and I'll help out in whatever I can.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Journeyman

FabOne is on a distinguished road

This is one AWESOME venue guys (and gals)! I've been part of it for the last couple of outings there at Lebanon and the facilities and the people are GREAT.
And yes, THANK YOU to Travis and Izzy for starting this relationship with the "Lebanon Community".

-Terry FabOne), Alex (DieselKid) and Cooper (LowBoy)
Old 06-05-2017, 10:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

That's really awesome! Thank you for putting in all the work to make these happen!

So we definately have the show there in Sept 15/16 with 'Back to the 50s'. AND they're wanting to give us an annual Jan show?

What can we do to help make it even more impressive of a show?
Old 06-05-2017, 11:50 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Wow, what an opportunity to have fun and promote the hobby! When final dates are chosen, consider that Cabin Fever Expo is January 12-14, 2018. Would not want to see folks having to choose between the two, so we can have a great turnout at the new "Indy". (Interesting, both events are at a fairgrounds in Lebanon...)

"Great job!" to Chris and Travis for bringing everything together for this new event.

Ken
Old 06-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Green Horn

GlobelinerBrad is on a distinguished road

This is great news! I really liked the new venue. Hopefully the contruction is done by then but other than that was pretty cool setup!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It's all Rod's fault!!!
Old 06-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Green Horn

lenny is on a distinguished road

very Interested in attending this show for January 2018. just checked looks to be about 800 miles from Long Isalnd N.Y would be willing to team up with any others looking to make the drive from around my area, if not ill do it solo. contact me if anyone is interested.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I'll be there!!
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 06-09-2017, 09:29 PM

Goodison is on a distinguished road

This would be a great a place to go, on a yearly or more times.
I want to thank you for all your work, help , friendship. This goes to everyone I have met at the last shows.
Bart
Old 07-20-2017, 01:16 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

What's the best way to come from Los Angeles California? Its about 2138miles one-way. Drive or fly? If by plane, would it be feasible to ship 130lbs of equipment plus the weight of the crate to the hotel or someones place?

Last edited by liftmys10; 12-14-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

I personally wouldn't trust the airlines to handle my models. Road trip would be my choice
Old 07-20-2017, 08:57 AM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road

I second that completely, unless you have a private plane where you know how the baggage will be handed. I've seen and heard enough for me to know anything more than carry on will be destroyed UNLESS it's to arrive by special air freight.

I've always wanted to attend some meets in Arizona and California but I cannot let my gear travel without my supervision... even if it isn't RC trucks.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:19 PM
Backyard enginier

From Cali, we've had drivers ups/other a crate of their stuff then fly out. Pack it in a good crate.

Most larger hotel chains can handle receiving truck freight. Getting shipped out should be equally painless. Call em and ask.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:26 AM

trucker1970 is on a distinguished road

I have a warehouse in Indianapolis and could receive and truck everyone's equipment to the show. You would not need to pay for the truck or my time but only what the cost is to get it to my warehouse in Indianapolis. Of course there would be the return cost as well. I would again for free bring it from the show to my warehouse on a 28ft Penske box truck with liftgate and pallet jack. I would recommend crating because they are handled better boxes tend to get thrown and FRAGILE means THROW HARDER in this business unfortunately. I would need Dimensions & Weight as well as origin. If you just want to use my warehouse as an address to ship to (and from after the show) that would be no problem or my company could handle everything with our network of agents. EMAIL ME trucker1970@aol.com if this interests anyone when the time comes.

Frank
Old 08-03-2017, 04:43 AM

I'm very interested in the September 15,16 show can anyone tell me if that is happening? I have RC4WD 870k front end loader, RC4WD D10 dozer, Damitz excavator, and 8x8 Scania Dump truck to bring. Anyone can google franksmithRC to check out my videos of what I have. I'm new to socializing with people who share my interests in this and have never been to a show, but I'm very interested after watching them on youtube. It sounds like I need to thank Izzy and Travis after reading others posts on here. I hope I can be a part of this and help make it bigger and a success so everyone has a place to share their wonderful models and play of course.?

Frank

Last edited by trucker1970; 08-03-2017 at 04:46 AM. Reason: wrong letter typo
Old 08-03-2017, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
From Cali, we've had drivers ups/other a crate of their stuff then fly out. Pack it in a good crate.

Most larger hotel chains can handle receiving truck freight. Getting shipped out should be equally painless. Call em and ask.
I posted mine then read this. BUT if anyone encounters issues with the hotels shipping/receiving I can offer assistance as described in my post.

Frank
Old 08-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Journeyman

FabOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker1970 View Post
I have a warehouse in Indianapolis and could receive and truck everyone's equipment to the show. You would not need to pay for the truck or my time but only what the cost is to get it to my warehouse in Indianapolis. Of course there would be the return cost as well. I would again for free bring it from the show to my warehouse on a 28ft Penske box truck with liftgate and pallet jack. I would recommend crating because they are handled better boxes tend to get thrown and FRAGILE means THROW HARDER in this business unfortunately. I would need Dimensions & Weight as well as origin. If you just want to use my warehouse as an address to ship to (and from after the show) that would be no problem or my company could handle everything with our network of agents. EMAIL ME trucker1970@aol.com if this interests anyone when the time comes.

Frank
Hey guys (and gals).

Frank is offering a GREAT service here! Take advantage of it and come join us at Lebanon.

Looking forward to seeing and meeting you Frank.

-Terry
Old 08-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

I can't wait for september 15/16 show.

Has an agreement been reached about when this Annual January show will be?