RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Farm Tractors and Implements

Farm Tractors and Implements Discussion of farm equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2019, 11:30 AM

pedrcri is on a distinguished road
Default John deere 7930 conversion.

Hey Guys.

I know there are more builds on here on modifying and converting bruder machines but this is my conversion which takes a bit of what others have done and made some changes that work with my budget and product availability.

this is going to be a 2wd since I dont have a CNC machine to make the 4wd conversion but if you guys have suggestions that are reasonably priced I will make that conversion to 4wd.

Apologies about the image quality. these are scaled down photos.

So here goes the tear down...

Hood comes off easily. just lift and pull.

Next is the steps. its not mandatory to remove but I wanted to see how this worked. Just 1 tab to pull on under the first step.

The exhaust comes out with 2 tabs. the one important tab is against the window which needs to be accessed from under neath the exhaust stack. the other tab just pulls out from the side of the engine.

Now the scary part! cutting the axle to remove the tires which will be modified later.

With the 2 parts separated you will have to cut all the backing on the wheel so that it is flat to accept the new hub. I used my cutoff tool but if you dont have one use some side cutters or an exacto knife to get the same results. The 6 hole hub was purchased through RobotShop. It is a 6mm diameter since I will be using a 50:1 motor per side and it has a 6mm shaft.

for the center hub hole I used a step drill bit to make the hole. I forget the size but just cut till the hub fits snug. Then clean up the face of the wheel so you can drill the 6 holes for the screws.

last attach the motor to the hub and tighten the set screw. Then attach the hub to the wheel and make sure the screws all line up. (this is just a test fit for now).

well that is it for now. stay tuned for more breaking down the model.. Cab next and then splitting the frame.

any questions let me know.