RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MY NEW GRAND HAULER/KENWORTH BUILD

Today I received some vinyl graphics I had made by RC TRUCK GRAPHICS. They are on Facebook, and Andrew did an excellent job. The quality is second to none, the colors are crisp, and he can do just about anything you can come up with. When I get my two tank trailers, I know these will really look the part.

Thanks for looking, Big John.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!

Last edited by glorydays24; 04-17-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Thank-you sir for the info!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Thank-you sir for the info!
You're very welcome.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I got busy today and built the transmission and added my new drive shaft. This thing is very beefy.

I am going to paint the transmission either caterpillar yellow, or detroit blue/green.

Thanks for looking, Big John.

Last edited by glorydays24; 04-17-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:37 PM

ittigger is on a distinguished road

Comin' along pretty good.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittigger View Post
Comin' along pretty good.
Thanks brother! I don't know how much more I can do until I get more parts. I placed an order with Shapeways yesterday for an aerodyne roof for the sleeper. And on Ebay I bought Grand Hauler frame rails, and cross members for the converter dolly. Waiting is the hardest part...

Big John

Old 04-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

I really like the sunoco graphics, those look sharp.

The trucks coming together nicely.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
I really like the sunoco graphics, those look sharp.

The trucks coming together nicely.
Thanks bro! I wanted something a little different than what is on the market.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:41 AM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road

My step father owned & operated a few Sunoco service/fuel stations back in the 70's... I even worked there after school.

Very partial to that brand and logo so it will be interesting to see this come to life.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther F View Post
My step father owned & operated a few Sunoco service/fuel stations back in the 70's... I even worked there after school.

Very partial to that brand and logo so it will be interesting to see this come to life.
That's pretty cool! I like fuel tankers, and I figured why not do a sunoco theme in 1/14 scale. I have a friend who's dad drove for texaco, but you can buy those vinyl decals all day long.

Big John

Old 04-07-2018, 01:26 PM

Fury Fan is on a distinguished road

Does that tierod have any adjustment? I guess if the axle pieces are machined right, a fixed-length tierod should be OK?

For the turnsignal, try looking in the beads and steampunk jewelry at a craft store? There are those tiny pellets for making a fake stained-glass ornament that are pretty small, too.

Also - can you get me measurements on those landing legs, both retracted and extended?
Old 04-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury Fan View Post
Does that tierod have any adjustment? I guess if the axle pieces are machined right, a fixed-length tierod should be OK?

For the turnsignal, try looking in the beads and steampunk jewelry at a craft store? There are those tiny pellets for making a fake stained-glass ornament that are pretty small, too.

Also - can you get me measurements on those landing legs, both retracted and extended?
The tierod is a direct fit, no adjustment at all. Thanks for the tip about the beads, and the legs are the same as the stock ones. If you need the actual lengths, just let me know.

Big John

Old 04-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I have been doing some body work the last couple of days. I have to put another thin coat of filler in a few spots, the it will be ready for primer to see all of the imperfections. On a lighter note, I got an email from Shapeways telling me my aerodyne roof is on it's way. Here is what I've done so far.

I will drill new holes to relocate the roof lamps. Thanks for looking, Big John.

Last edited by glorydays24; 04-17-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:51 PM

ramjetexpress is on a distinguished road

looking good
Old 04-07-2018, 10:32 PM

Yes, if you could get me actual measurements that would be great. I bought a set of generic ones off ebay, and they seem too big, or my homemade trailer is too short. I'm just needing a good reference point without buying Tamiya legs, in which case I should just buy a whole trailer -- and then the snowball begins...
Old 04-08-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury Fan View Post
Yes, if you could get me actual measurements that would be great. I bought a set of generic ones off ebay, and they seem too big, or my homemade trailer is too short. I'm just needing a good reference point without buying Tamiya legs, in which case I should just buy a whole trailer -- and then the snowball begins...
I've got a couple of sets of those stock Tamiya legs for trailers , I doubt that you live locally but if you do you can have them
Old 04-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjetexpress View Post
I've got a couple of sets of those stock Tamiya legs for trailers , I doubt that you live locally but if you do you can have them
I don't want to hijack his thread any more than I already have - send me a PM and let's see if we can work something out?
Old 04-08-2018, 12:26 PM

P.M sent and apologies for the hijack
Old 04-08-2018, 12:35 PM

Tried to reply, but system says you can't receive private messages. There's a little clickbox you need to hit in your profile settings.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:26 PM

there is a check mark there that says I can receive??