RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 12-11-2018, 11:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Skeeter, I am using an urethane rubber for the belt. I’ll see if I can get you part number from McMaster. It is specific for conveyors. I could get it in 4” width and x length. As far as lacing the belt, my old sewing machine. Nylon thread. But it can be heat welded. I’ve tested that but I don’t have a heat welder just heat gun and my test pieces got abit warped. It works well just need to make some heated pliers or torch clamps. It’s not know how the longevity of the belt material will hold up. On the discharge conver of the fine material I think no problem. On the input conveyor in the hopper I need to find out. That’s where rocks/sharps will be present. If not good there I’ll just use a straight roller system and other material. Reason I choose this material was overall thickness that will allow the belting to conform to “u” shaped roller assemblies[/QUOTE]

I'd be much obliged for the part number. We've got conveyer projects in teh works now. NOT for feeding trommels we'll use them for. Rather than feed trommel, we shall use them to feed shaker screen decks..................well, we hope to, if we can get everything in working order.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Skeeter, McMaster part#. 1146t11. 4” wide polyurethane rubber sheet cut to order.

Received speed controllers, they went to town above me, town 60 miles south of me , back to town above me,,, got them several days late . And have been exploring more of the cam tool paths and trying to improve surface finishes and my understanding of machineing. This is part of the controllers housing.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:59 PM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

any info on the speed controller?
Old 12-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Skeeter, McMaster part#. 1146t11. 4” wide polyurethane rubber sheet cut to order.

Received speed controllers, they went to town above me, town 60 miles south of me , back to town above me,,, got them several days late . And have been exploring more of the cam tool paths and trying to improve surface finishes and my understanding of machineing. This is part of the controllers housing.
Thanks for the Part number!

Gotta love it when they play games like that with your packages. I know the feeling, sometimes mine sit 20 minutes from my place for days before they leave there to go to the warehouse that services my area. It's frustrating!
Old 12-15-2018, 10:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Do a rectangular frame above the screw bosses then rectangular pocket with a larger diameter milling cutter just inside of the bosses, then go back and profile the bosses with smaller endmill .
Old 12-15-2018, 06:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

On the tool paths; Start by making a rectangular FRAME above your screw bosses depth and inner wall then make a rectangular POCKET to final depth a little smaller than the bosses using a larger end mill. Go back and profile the bosses to depth with the smaller tool you desire to clean out the corner radii.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

opps double posted!
didnt show up this morning ....sorry
Old 12-16-2018, 11:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I understand what you said Steve, thank you. So many things to remember and to keep in mind. I also found out I can drive tool paths off of a sketch. Say I wanted a point in middle and to radiate outward/ inward. Cam will recognize part and not violate part but drive paths according. This is like endless learning!!! And to think that I can honestly say I have never read a book!! Well at least cover to cover an not skipping pages, chapters,,, lol!! Although I have got to get a machinist book,,,,

I also decided to cut up the remainder of an old treadmill belt I had. I'm just not happy with the polyurethane rubber. It being so thin, good to conform to roller assemblies, but it also wants to curl up and flip onto itself at end roller/drive roller. (Sometimes). It's .03" thick, non backed. Wish I could find single ply treadmill belting 4" wide and a roll 10'. Normally called a walking belt being single ply. Then I would not have to try and cut a straight line 10' long. Always little tweaks and suprizes popping up. Trying to make this thing idiot proof!! Lol!!!
Old 12-16-2018, 11:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh and drive/free rollers have vertical sidewalls about .35" and a small taper at top to help belt track. Although I could put some super thin Teflon tape around free roller to help it slide(to keep centered) the drive roller is knurled for grip.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RW I have the tool to splice the urethane belts together. It' basically a soldering iron with a flat plate.

I have some thin rubber with cloth conveyor belting that I got a piece from McMaster that is 1/16'' thick . It looked good so I ordered a few feet from a company here in Pittsburgh called Conviber. I plan on using the Clipper type lacing to join it together.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://youtu.be/nTphz-SjezI

First tests,,,
Old 01-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Works nicely. Maybe we can feed the crushed limestone through it from my crusher.

I almost stopped in yesterday but customer was 2hrs late meeting me at the Columbia Mall. He got a DOT check coming into PA around Scranton.

After the delay I needed to get over to my camp near Punxy before dark to fix some roof leaks on one of my sea containers.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Anytime steve,, your always welcome,

I figured this would be a good addition to your crusher. We will find therocks and crush them into road base ��������
Old 01-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://youtu.be/24wdz5R54Gw

Warning, not what you are expecting,,,

I was getting things around for the upcoming cabin fever eco and the malderbeast decided to add some “dead” weight to help test to make sure everything was working correctly,,,,,
Old 01-11-2019, 11:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I really like that cat! Mine would have leapt out of the truck as soon as I tried to move it!
Old 01-29-2019, 12:54 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

What a cat!!! LMAO!! Not a care in the world....just don't back over my tail!!!
Old 01-29-2019, 05:07 PM

nes999 is on a distinguished road

That cat couldn't care less!
Old 01-30-2019, 08:57 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

I like the cat video-do you have any video of your trommel working at Cabin Fever? Surely at this fantastic event someone has more video than what has been posted.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A side project that I’ve been wanting to do for some time now. I’m making a valve body that will allow use of m5x6mm hose fittings. The valve body is shown above, I still need to grind and lap the surface. Been wanting this for the projects that require more flow. The permacon valve ports are .063” and I’m making these .125” basically doubled the flow (I know for those that are hydro dynamics the flow is not exactly doubled but will be a considerable increase. ).

And for those that wanted to see some videos of the trommel working at the last event, cabin fever, my weekend was cut short due to bad weather. I had things in place to be handled but with the amount of snow and then rain, and everything freezing I had to take care of business. So if anyone does have video of the event , by all means share . I had a great time and Sunday was the day I was planning on taking the time to get some pics and videos. And for those new faces , happy to have met you and for those that I didn’t I’ll be looking forward to a time I do.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:15 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
The permacon valve ports are .063” and I’m making these .125” basically doubled the flow (I know for those that are hydro dynamics the flow is not exactly doubled but will be a considerable increase. ).
pie x r squared

The math works out to nearly 4x (3.69) the volume increase of 0.065 to 0.125

Martin Meinhardt (the original maker of the rotary valves that Premacon copied) does offer a larger valve, though I don't know how much larger. Fumotec could get it for you. I could nail the info for you, if you want?

Carry on with your version, it'll be exciting to see you accomplish this too.

Joe