RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Yup, I guilty!! I was pickin on reg too!! It is hard trying to move a 600# rock, I used human power (but regretted it and should have used diesel power!!) now it's back to RC power!! I too have to admit, I traveled to a lot of places in north and Central America, instead of souvenirs I gathered small rocks. Corrals, limestone, basalt , ruins, jades, quartz, shales, most I don't even know. Just stumble across something baseball size from the local area and transported home. Some legal, some undeclared, some possible illegal? But great reminders of travels and adventures. And the farm we bought years ago was owned by a part time geologist, (teacher ?) anytime a shovel go in the ground we dig up weird rocks/fossils, definately not native stuff. Kind of just gives ya a simple reminder of where you were or what ya did. The backyard it looking better and better Mario, once ya get rid of the roots it looks like good diggin dirt!! I don't have roots anymore but the dirt is riddled with 1-2" river pebbles from the old fish pond. Just the right size to be a p.i.t.a. When diggin!!! Reg ya got the west coast, Mario you are working on the east coast, if my father wouldn't harass me forever I'd have an indoor barn basement dig site, lights, water system, semi-climate controlled, ect,,, but he already thinks I'm nuts!! Lol!! Although back in racing days I had 3 different mx/sx tracks, so the family supports the RC stuff, haven't gotten hurt from any of this!! 40+ and still lovin being a man child!!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Well..... Moved some more dirt today, non RC style . But this is for a means to an end so it's ok.. Gave me a chance to visualize what the heck I'm trying to create and I've made a change in plan now. I wanted to store clean material in a elevated hopper that I could open and close with a servo from a radio?.....naaawh, too fancy and not needed. Now that I look at it, I think just parking a truck under the conveyor when screening will do just fine. No worries of dealing with packed dirt clogged in the hopper or how high the thing would have to be ....etc.

Here's a few pics, tell me what you think. Make a hopper to store a truck load of dirt , or just load as I clean the stuff? It's all because of Indy when I first saw a Sandmaster. I've wanted to do something like that ever since!

And funny how things work out. I was just saying last week I need to start working on the loading dock areas. Well, I pulled the tarp off the dock the other day and saw this.....

Not surprised though. I didn't figure the wood could survive outdoors. I tried my best to preserve. Didn't work.....on to plan B......
Old 05-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Hey Mario why don't you mix some concrete for you loading dock with some wire in it . Mike
Old 05-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I don't know Mike. Sounds too permanent for me once it's built. i might just cover with a sheet of tin and paint it or maybe cover with tar paper?

It's been 7 months since the last time my rc park was all clean and free of leaves and stuff. It took me most of the day, a whole lotta raking and 14 leaf bags later, the rc park is cleaner than ever and looking good.
All that time spent last summer cleaning and weeding things out has paid off. I got nothin but dirt.

I couldn't have asked for a better backyard to build a RC park in. Looking forward to sharing with friends and have a great time.

Yup, I'm lonely too Reg.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Journeyman

I see Mario is preparing for winter with all that snow fence that's been installed . Mike
Old 05-06-2015, 08:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
I see Mario is preparing for winter with all that snow fence that's been installed . Mike
Hey! Let's not use the S word already you know Christmas is only 7 months away .

Update on the conveyor build. I'm starting with the 6ft long tire tube belt. I figure this is the one to learn on. And experiment so when I'm ready to make the other conveyor with the treadmill belt RW gave me, and rollers by Reg, I'm less likely to screw it up.

This by no means is a fancy work of art and duplicates a real conveyor. This is all about making something that works , that's it. Once I got it together I realized all I did is make a homemade erector set!
Some flat bar, 1/4" threaded rod and some nuts......can't go wrong!

So wooden beads for support rollers with furniture anti skid rubber pucks from the dollar store work well. The loose fit allows them to tilt and form to the belt.

Turned out ok. The belt has a nice natural curve to it and it runs straight!

Up next is the drive system......

I sure hope this motor works! I have no plan B right now and summer could be over by the time another motor order arrives
Old 05-07-2015, 01:20 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hey Mario why don't you mix some concrete for you loading dock with some wire in it . Mike
anything you build you can demolish with an excavator with the right attachments hehe
Old 05-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack van View Post
anything you build you can demolish with an excavator with the right attachments hehe
I couldn't agree more and the list grows on....

Conveyor work has been hectic last few days but it's all worth it. Just tested tonight and results are great! I'm ready to move on to the next challenge...... Build a chute to fit under the screener and above this belt

http://youtu.be/jI_nmSsIU94

http://youtu.be/hyNQNUPjvEY
Old 05-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok, that's it! .......time to turn it up a notch!

http://youtu.be/BOwruFLg4lM
Old 05-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Wicked!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

First load of clean, road building material

http://youtu.be/FtF_h-qlX-k
Old 05-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Wow, I'm impressed!! That screener with conveyor is perfect!! At first I was thinking too slow but with the fine material and how you have the box set up as a gate, it's perfect!! Great job on this set up!! I haven't had the time to get my setup but I'm going to change some things around after seeing yours!!
Old 05-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Journeyman

FabOne is on a distinguished road

AWESOME job Mario!!

Bring your whole backyard to Indy in August!!

-Terry
Old 05-10-2015, 09:13 PM

Wiskybilt is on a distinguished road

I was leaning toward a trommel screen myself, but I am impressed with your shaker setup, as well as the belt conveyor.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Journeyman

Looks and works great . I would be running a track and loading rail cars ��
Old 05-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Supermario-looks like your outdoor site is coming along nicely. I enjoy looking at all the different construction sites. Maybe you need to use some exterior plywood on the loading dock, or just paint new plywood with epoxy. Looking good!!
Old 05-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

That turned out nice, works great Mario! So what's next? Looks like you need some help up there!
Old 05-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Wow, I'm impressed!! That screener with conveyor is perfect!! At first I was thinking too slow but with the fine material and how you have the box set up as a gate, it's perfect!! Great job on this set up!! I haven't had the time to get my setup but I'm going to change some things around after seeing yours!!
I'd like to say it was a well thought and planned type of build but....
sometimes a guy gets lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabOne View Post
AWESOME job Mario!!

Bring your whole backyard to Indy in August!!

-Terry
Never mind the backyard Terry, just wish I could go to Indy. Finally got the cash to deal with my border woes, just won't be done in time for this Aug
Looking forward to seeing you again next year! Lots to show and talk about since the last time we met

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskybilt View Post
I was leaning toward a trommel screen myself, but I am impressed with your shaker setup, as well as the belt conveyor.
Thanks! I also want to build a trommel but my impatience got the best of me.
It was quicker, cheaper and less complex to build the shaker and then add the conveyor. It's all about personal preference and needs I guess.
A portable trommel like Lou's is more site flexible, my shaker is a very site specific set up but I have the space for it so,it's all good!

Quote:
Looks and works great . I would be running a track and loading rail cars ��
Well you better come for a visit and start laying down some track for me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Supermario-looks like your outdoor site is coming along nicely. I enjoy looking at all the different construction sites. Maybe you need to use some exterior plywood on the loading dock, or just paint new plywood with epoxy. Looking good!!
Thanks for the kind words. I also enjoy seeing all the different types of construction sites and how we are all in the same hobby and yet can create so many different and great ways to express our builds.
I like the exterior plywood idea but hard to get thin and cheap. i live in steel town so hoping to find a sheet of something I'll never have to worry about for the rest of my life anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
That turned out nice, works great Mario! So what's next? Looks like you need some help up there!
thanks Kent, your right! I could use some help! Hard to run a loader and keep track of how much dirt is in the truck!
Next is another conveyor.... 4ft . Used to stock pile dirt from the pit before going through the shaker.
i also need to make my first attempt at a scale building. I want to make a shaker operator shack which will have the 3 ESC's , RX and battery inside and will run the whole operation from a 6ch radio...... Yes , I don't need 6 channels but I have ideas for the spare channels........ I'm thinking I could run my 3 lighting plants I got from exclusive rc through the radio maybe and control lighting from the radio also ?
Old 05-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Finally stopped raining and got a chance to get a few pics of the screener and conveyor. My bad habit, I post vids and forget the pics.
I still want to throw a coat of paint on everything, probably a shade a grey and some DOT tape here n there and if I get real ambitious , maybe some LEDs along the conveyor!

Old 05-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Journeyman

Mario if you build a trestle over your hopper so the train can dump into it ,and then a track under the conveyer to catch the fine dirt and of it goes to Toronto by train and you could sell your trucks and you would have lots of money ��.just my thought Mike