RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-14-2015, 07:21 AM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Now that the snow finally left another couple weeks Sandy and I will start road const just need to dry up a bit . I guess Mario will still have to wait as the snow blanket recedes North . Mike
Old 04-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road

Love the Euclid dump truck!

You compound is looking really good too. I bet it is nice to go out the back door and play.

Chris
Old 04-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Now that the snow finally left another couple weeks Sandy and I will start road const just need to dry up a bit . I guess Mario will still have to wait as the snow blanket recedes North . Mike
What is this snow stuff you speak of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by up9018 View Post
Love the Euclid dump truck!

You compound is looking really good too. I bet it is nice to go out the back door and play.

Chris
Thanks Chris. The old truck works really well too. It packs a lot of weight and rarely complains.

I have been involved with this hobby since 2011 and this is truly the first time that I have spent much time playing with the toys I have built at home. I have never had an area that was convenient or a project that seemed worth while enough to move all of the equipment out of the shop. Now with having this spot setup I can drive the trucks right out the roll up door and onto the road! Now the only things I am missing are some fellow operators!
Old 04-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

My wife thought that the roads needed some signage so I got started making some yesterday using some scrap aluminum. The paint I had that was closest to the proper color sucks and takes forever to dry so I had to let these set overnight beside the wood stove. This morning they were almost dry so I got to drawing on the symbols with a Sharpie. I know this won't last and it doesn't look perfect but I think it adds a bit of detail to the roads. I have plans for some more signs when time permits but for now these will do.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:59 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

A nice bit of noteworthy detail that doesn't get in the way. Good job!

I hope you're done with the use of hand tools on this layout, kinda defeats the purpose of having an area for the models to work in if they aren't doing the actual work.

Joe
Old 04-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Awesome, your reminding me of mr. Rodgers neighborhood, the land of make believe, but I belive you are making it!!! Lol. Super pics and you really are making a man-child playground for those awesome builds, I am jealous.!!!! Hate to say this but I didn't get one pic of my adventures at the show here, I was so busy listening , learning, and playing that I even forgot to eat lunch both days!!!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha, well I was just outside using a shovel to chop off some small roots but other than that I have been hauling gravel with my Euc quite a bit. To honest I am just having fun hauling dirt and dumping it to extend the road. If I don't get the roads in now they won't pack down and will be F'd in the summer. A little cheating with a shovel and rake now or sandy loose roads that can't be driven on a month or so from now when the rain quits. I do know what you're saying though Joe. I don't see much need for rakes and shovels now that the main roads are cut in to the piles. It rained a lot here over the last week and those parts of the road were really soft a few days back. As I have been driving the trucks back and forth with dirt I sometimes walk behind them to tamp down the roads. The main drag is packed like concrete now and even the 1/14 scale stuff can get around without issues. It's actually amazing how much the Euc packs the road just on it's own. I guess it is probably at least 40 lbs loaded and it has nearly 8 inches of rubber across the back. It's the closest thing to a roller that I have!lol
Old 04-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Awesome, your reminding me of mr. Rodgers neighborhood, the land of make believe, but I belive you are making it!!! Lol. Super pics and you really are making a man-child playground for those awesome builds, I am jealous.!!!! Hate to say this but I didn't get one pic of my adventures at the show here, I was so busy listening , learning, and playing that I even forgot to eat lunch both days!!!
Well I hope I'm not that creepy It always amazes me the lengths I will go to just to amuse myself. I like doing this kind of stuff but no one is ever around to enjoy it with me. I guess in some ways that is the way I want it because I'm a hermit but it would be nice to have some laughs with someone while they are running their own equipment doing stuff. I know exactly what you mean about the shows! I do the same thing every year when some of us get together at the antique truck shows. I don't even end up running my equipment much. Too many distractions chatting with people and enjoying the day....
Old 04-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Journeyman

Well maybe all of us should charter a bus and a road trip to Regs place so he doesn't have to be a hermit . We should also send a list of food we would need . Mike
Old 04-14-2015, 05:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Well maybe all of us should charter a bus and a road trip to Regs place so he doesn't have to be a hermit . We should also send a list of food we would need . Mike
Food! We need Beer a lot of Beer and by the way start the landing strip Airbus coming in
Old 04-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK so we need a keg and a $h!t load of hotdogs/hamburgers! Oh, and possibly an outhouse.. Get on the party bus boys! Plenty of room to keep everyone busy.... Maybe we could have Canada Fever?

I did a bunch of work today and still haven't quite got the road all the way around. Pictures and videos to follow eventually.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

A few videos from the last couple of days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wJFdAseuGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB3Y6PPnGHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G0I41XEMVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdUo1QS9Ajo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNkNQPwwgtQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndto8wWyuwk
Old 04-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

It's no wonder nobody comes over to play. Everything is run with one radio! Gotta learn to share eh?
Some great footage in the videos. the Hayes gets my vote. Must be the sound....you need more sound units
Old 04-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I guess Mario will still have to wait as the snow blanket recedes North . Mike
Hey! I resemble that comment! Good news is , just a little snow left and the yard finally took a big drink and the lake is gone and drying up the last couple days.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe if ask real nice, cooper will send that big old D11 up north the road will
be done in a weekend!!
Old 04-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha, I have two remotes. The Hayes, 574, and Jackfish run off the DX6i and the rest run off the DX8. I would like to get a DX18 but that's not happening anytime soon. Bring your own remote and we'll just bind the receiver! Oh. yes I do need more sound units... About 6....

Road is complete now but still needs work in a few spots. The little Bruder dozer actually did pretty well on the freshly hauled dirt. Finally got to do the loop....

https://youtu.be/AMoGNJlENKU

Last edited by RCP57; 04-16-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did a little more road work last night and then brought out the big toys. It is still too tight in a couple of corners so I need to expand just a little more. The lowbed doesn't follow as nicely as the log trailer plus it is quite a bit longer. Never the less with a little fiddling it goes around all the corners but one. I really need to swap out the 645 steer servo for something more powerful in the KW. It would help a great deal if the truck turned when I asked it to not just when it feels like it.lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Nz0ETz8WA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGac5PJ_r8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skaOC6X2LpQ

I have a new problem now... I'm addicted to playing and can't peel myself away to get any work done! This hobby is one sickness after the other...

This is a tight squeeze!

Old 04-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Beautiful photos! Can't understand why you can't quit running the models...

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Journeyman

I wish but someday the snow is gone now .Reg , That's the white snow that crashes to the ground during the colder parts of Canada east of Vancouver island . Mario knows about it also !
Old 04-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Agree about the addiction!! warning labels on everything from plastic bags to freon, I can see some warning labels being slapped on this stuff saying " if you are interested in RC toys use caution as these may cause severe addiction., may cause backyard to be transformed and lack of sleep, or lack of interest in non RC enthusists. (Becoming a hermit) !!!! Lol!!