RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:03 AM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: D9R and 463 pull scraper

Well besides getting a few hydraulic items in that I ordered and hooking every thing up, this project is just about completed.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: D9R and 463 pull scraper

The pan looks great now how soon before you start building another dozer to push it? Ed
Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Looks fantastic joe-can't wait to see it working!!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:55 AM

J Hall is on a distinguished road

Very nice...Too pretty to go out and get it all dirty..LOL
What do you think the weight would be ??
Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 PM

Iron Art is on a distinguished road

Lookin' good Joe, another great build, I too can see a push Cat in the future. So much to build, so little time. Fred
Old 09-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Joe I just ran accrossed this over on scale and WOW you really have a eye and skill for building..I wish I had half of your metal talent!.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

Awsome job!!!! glad to see some yellow paint they way things are going we and yes i said we might be moving some dirt before long lol glad to see you about completed on the pan whats next??? i know you shurly have a couple ideas after tires being a hard item to come by i think i am going to stick to tracks like i said though glad to see your pan looks great Joe

Last edited by td9clyde; 09-10-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: my mis spelling
Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Hall View Post
Very nice...Too pretty to go out and get it all dirty..LOL
BALONEY!!! What makes them "pretty" is the battle scars.

Stellar looking model Joe, wouldn't expect to see anything less than perfect come out of your workshop... now lets see it go to work!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:18 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys.

Scraper is 42''and it weighs 48lbs. Over all length is 69''.

Henry not sure what I'm going to build next (if anything), the way the tire situation is, if I do another build it will more than likely be tracked.
Here is the whole setup. Not real happy with it behind the dozer, it just looks to small to me. Still not sure if the thing is even going to work or not, I guess if it don't it will make a good paper weight.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Dozer Builder

looks good from here well i hope to see you continue to build your work is undeniable some of the nicest around can't wait to see if you build another dozer or something kinda like to see you build a low tracked version of an 8 or a 9 or something
Old 09-10-2010, 08:53 PM
BANNED

The only problem I see Joe is that it looks too clean! Once it's dirty and scarred up like your dozer, they'll definitely look like a matched set.

An excavator or wheel loader or mid sized haul trk would be a nice addition to your fleet. The scale you're building in, a finnish grader is possible.

Also, start dreaming of a dirt work project to put them to work... how big is your backyard? Dig a swimming pool maybe... then fill it back in again.

Last edited by Lil Giants; 09-11-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

I've been missin the boat on this build,WOW, That build is perfect! But,wouldn't expect anything else.Not after turning the landscaping up side down in minutes w/your first piece of art you made. Keep up the good work!
FGD
Old 09-10-2010, 10:07 PM

Thanks you men that means alot.

Joe, I would like to do a blade but the tire thing keeps blowing out of the water. Also thought about a 988 loder, just need tires.
I just ran a few numbers on a 385 trackhoe, it would be HUGE AT 63'' in length with the boom folded up and set on the ground. It would look ever so cool. So I'm not sure what to do, besides I told my self after faking so much on the scraper that the next thing I build, I will have all the pics I need in order to do it right. There aren't any around here to get enough pics of.

I have a big yard but I also have a big mean wife that would kick me in the pants. So I wont be digging any pools. lol (just kidding honey if your read this)
Old 09-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Joe you better be careful or she will take your aspirin away an won't let you run around the block. ed. Ed
Old 09-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

WOW Joe your iron is so cool. I doesn't matter what you build next, just get-at-er. I do think you need something to load dirt ...

greg
Old 09-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Boy that scraper looks great, even if it's not a 100% accurate. I sure can't tell. That is every bit as amazing as the big old Cat D9. Definitely a great combination. These are some serious machines!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Dozer Builder

lol i have thought about that too more like a 225 but if i build it it would be out of all metal and the boom and stick would be heavy i would have to make them out of aluminum to get the performance out of it and the rest could be steel so i donno if i will be building one and joe if you need pics let me know i can get them and i can get measurements...........D6 N would be a good one 6 way blade and a nice tractor to boot

Last edited by td9clyde; 09-11-2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added another thought
Old 09-11-2010, 11:06 AM
BANNED

What would be the dimensions for your grader tire? Would a hockey puck be close? Somebody mentioned that it would be possible to buy any sized diameter of a hard rubber solid cylinder to make tires from...

I think you're taking this "scaled model building" too seriously Joe... you get within 75% accuracy and IT WORKS TOO! what more could anyone else say but well done?! You don't sound like you're enjoying this anymore...

I think I've seen your wife in one your videos, cheering you on while you're showing off newly built D9... I wouldn't believe that she'd chase ya down with club for digging a little wee hole in the backyard?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:18 AM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road

I know they aren't on this side of the pond, but there are quite a variety of sizes available. My guess is that in 10th scale they are small? There are some european semi truck sites that deal in 1:12 stuff you could make work. Equipment wise everything is tailored to 1/16-1/12.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
What would be the dimensions for your grader tire? Would a hockey puck be close? Somebody mentioned that it would be possible to buy any sized diameter of a hard rubber solid cylinder to make tires from...

I think you're taking this "scaled model building" too seriously Joe... you get within 75% accuracy and IT WORKS TOO! what more could anyone else say but well done?! You don't sound like you're enjoying this anymore...
I think I've seen your wife in one your videos, cheering you on while you're showing off newly built D9... I wouldn't believe that she'd chase ya down with club for digging a little wee hole in the backyard?
Thanks for all the complements guys.

Joe, I may have found a tire that will work, just need to get some more measurement's before I know for sure. I thought about the solid robber when I was researching for the scraper build but 7'' solid rubber chucks are no where to be found. I already had found a grooving iron and a guy to cut them, but no rubber.

I enjoy the building part except for not being able to be accurate in the making of parts that I can't see and know for sure how they are suppose to look. And the showing of the model bothers me because there are so many that make beautifully machined pieces. Seems that the manufactured models and the perfectly scaled models are what intrest people the most over something done by eye and faking. I just am the type person that wants it right if I'm going to call it scale and show it to the world.