RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 04-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

No I'm not getting boats ! Awesome vid . Mike
Old 04-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting the video! That things insane! Can't say I've ever seen a river of glass, that's some nice water to run on.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:53 PM

Chi-Noos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Lol!! I didn't eather until I measured it!!! Glad I didn't go with four axles!!!
Haha sad thing is I plan to do at least four axles with my modified version of yours lol. Should be roughly 7.5 feet long with the truck lol I plan to haul with a 6" stretched tri-drive cascadia should haul a pretty penny..... lol
Old 04-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Cooper-you are so right-I do have a lot of good stories and memories that will probably never be shared. Throughout my career I tried to mentor the new boaters that were coming into the hobby. I also built and sold R/C boats and I was always giving advice on set-ups, props, fuel, radios, etc. The funny thing about that is when I would get someone running good they would always come looking to beat me. A few did-most didn't. I guess that's competitive racing. I don't want to get your thread off topic so why don't you start a thread in the boat section with some of your videos. I have considered that and maybe finding some of my old pictures and posting them but there doesn't seem to be much interest in that section.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

In my opinion modelman you'll never get my thread off topic, it's a comstruction site company and the guys talk,,, about a lot of different things lol!!! I built a springer class tug boat that I use for retrieval of stranded boats, I'll post a thread once I get around to finishing it. You heading to cabin fever? That would be nice to meet ya there. Don't know how far members travel as that event will be my first meeting of others.

I wasn't sure if a d11 was ever hauled intact, I know they usually get delivered by about three trucks, blade, main body, and tracks or something like that. Then built onsite. I found a video that has one rolling in by one truck in one piece. The trailer isn't a gooseneck but on heck of a load and that sway would be making me nervous. Would love to one day see that roll into my land. (Only needing about 2million and some land to stockpile).
http://youtu.be/2uJBkUkK1o8
Old 04-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

that's a big load on that Cozad lowboy at 1:07 is about where I stop when
running our lowboy stop drop and hope for the best!!!!

modelman I have 4 large tugboats in different stages of building
2 happy hunters 1 50'' smit rotterdam and the amsterdam
Old 04-10-2015, 09:41 AM

Chi-Noos is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
In my opinion modelman you'll never get my thread off topic, it's a comstruction site company and the guys talk,,, about a lot of different things lol!!! I built a springer class tug boat that I use for retrieval of stranded boats, I'll post a thread once I get around to finishing it. You heading to cabin fever? That would be nice to meet ya there. Don't know how far members travel as that event will be my first meeting of others.

I wasn't sure if a d11 was ever hauled intact, I know they usually get delivered by about three trucks, blade, main body, and tracks or something like that. Then built onsite. I found a video that has one rolling in by one truck in one piece. The trailer isn't a gooseneck but on heck of a load and that sway would be making me nervous. Would love to one day see that roll into my land. (Only needing about 2million and some land to stockpile).
http://youtu.be/2uJBkUkK1o8
The d11 is far to large to be hauled by one rig but dammit I'm gonnaanyways
Old 04-13-2015, 12:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

had a great time hanging out with you rw here are a few pics and vids or your machines
tearing it up!!!
https://youtu.be/TRNIyelO6BI

Old 04-13-2015, 01:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://youtu.be/QJkQETqYz1E
end of show fun
Old 04-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

That was fun!! I don't know if that excavator you were going to get would hold up in the long run mark!! You should look into getting a metal version!! I've seen um on the net! Lol!!!! Best thing, you don't need any complicated radio mixes! Lol!! Direct stick input!! Lol!!!!

Had some time to start cleaning up the backyard pit. Digging some of the smaller rocks out so the edges of pit can be expanded. Figure a little bit here and there and the wife will not notice unless she looks at pics from past . This hobby has enabled all facets of my creativity to be used, hiding toys, money, tools, cleaning up house so new toys can be hidden, slowly expanding the pit with smoke and mirrors,,, ect. Only drawback was to keep the garage for myself (toys) and not use it for parking cars in I had to clean snow and warm car when it snowed or was cold. And I really had to work for that this past year!!!!
http://youtu.be/RqFinIezEts
Old 04-17-2015, 10:42 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Cooper-looks like you enjoyed yourself at the show. Nice video-you are making a nice playground. I liked when the "dogasaurus" walked thru the picture
Old 04-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks modelman, yes I had a great time at the show and everyone was cool!!! Great community of other "man-child' (s) as my wife now call us .

Speaking of the cabin fever event, for those that were there I found an old pic of some data logging from the madd Catt. The numbers are for one motor, it's got twins!! The watts equates to over 19 horsepower!!! That was probably data from two runs.

Had some dozer work to make the pit a little bigger
http://youtu.be/ODqpdN5UZeY

I'm going to make a regular dirt blade for her, the blade on now was based off the 72yard coal carry blade. I think a normal blade is around 54yards. Will but the rock guard on and try to make it like the 1:50 model I based it on.

And some work with the human powered excavator (shovel) and digging bar. After about 15 minuets I really thought that some physical work would be good to get the extra 10lbs of winter weight off, at 20 minutes I really thought about going and getting the backhoe or skidsteer. . Lol!!!

Old 04-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ok that has been the extent of human hand tools, unlike some pacific northwester construction company's lol!!!! Just pickin reg!! Your playground is killer!!! Well I broke down and used a gift certificate and got a gopro camera. Fiddling around with computer stuff but hopefully soon I may have some work vids up.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/3pIQ72Edt1Y

A little work with the dozer

http://youtu.be/ZcsyYx148zg

A little work with the ex
Old 04-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok that has been the extent of human hand tools, unlike some pacific northwester construction company's lol!!!! Just pickin reg!! Your playground is killer!!! Well I broke down and used a gift certificate and got a gopro camera. Fiddling around with computer stuff but hopefully soon I may have some work vids up.
Hey to have the "best in the west" you have to cheat a little...

Great videos with the GoPro!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ugg this little camera was a pain in butt!! Somehow I had some videos on the memory card and it asked if I wanted to update the camera, so I clicked that. Must have hit the wrong camera because an hour later and it was flashing red lights, saying update failed. Kept trying and then unplugged it, figured I would pull battery and it would reset. Nope somehow it was weighting the update to the memory card!?!? To be honest I had no idea of what I was doing. About another hour I got it figured out, I think. But wiped the card and had two other cool truck and ex videos. Maybe they are on computer somewhere. It's windows 8 and I don't like it as I don't know where all the hidden icons/places to find are. Guess I just need to screw up a few more things then I'll know how to use it better. Or should I say what not to do. That's how computers and I work, I don't know how to get stuff just keep learning how to not do something!!!
Old 04-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Some progress on the new dozer blade. I'm basing it off the 1:50 scale model I have. After looking around on net the d11r does have a blade similar to the toy. A little bit of flat on top where the rock guard is. My shop book from cat had a diagram of different blade. No matter what it's not gonna be perfect but more of the dirt blade and not the coal carry blade.

And the other helper

Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Those side wings were giving me fits!!!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Wow your hand puts all in scale BIG ,! Mike
Old 04-23-2015, 06:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

RW, i just realized after looking through this thread that i know you and i subscribed to your youtube channel a while ago, lol...it was nice meeting you at Cabin Fever. You did a great job on the D11 it works very well.

Keep up the great work and videos!

"No load is too Small"