RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Clubhouse?

This is a thread that should never collect dust !
Is the conversation still alive? Or have the winter blahs kicked in? I totally understand but still hope that this idea can become real and work as a successful model for others to follow elsewhere

Mario
Old 02-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

Here in Omaha back in the day when we used to set up fire hose in a target parking lot and stand in the heat for 8hrs in the middle of summer just to race Rc cars got us all thinking about something more permanent. So we came up with an Idea for Indoor race track, just for the on road stuff, dirt racing would still be done outside. Then winter came, Now what???? Well our friends and managers Tim and Alex of Hobby Town/ Hobby Plex did the most amazing thing ever. Indoor racing for all!!!!!! Tim is in charge of the Onroad stuff, Alex the Offroad and crawling stuff. $10 gets unlimited access to a whole day of playing, These guys are so nice and soo good at what they do, they actually change the track for the oval guys as well, Monday night, don't like football? grab an airplane or Heli and bring it in for indoor flying. Best part is, it's 3min from my house. I just load up my trucks and head for the dirt, Tim is also willing to cover up the carpet track and put a tarp down for me and the guys with big scale crawling trucks. We host some of the biggest races in the country, and they will be willing to host a trucking/construction event for sure.
Here is a view of what I'm talking about

Ok so I hope you guys like the idea. It is Located in Omaha Nebraska and right on the freeway, plenty of hotels about a 1/2 mile from it. If you think you want to give it a shot, I can talk to them about it.

Ayoub

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....
Old 02-06-2013, 10:20 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Phew!!! that's quite the building Ayoub. What was it originally built for?

I just priced a Good-On 30x60x12'6 wood frame-tin strapped building, 12' roll up, 2 walk ins & 7 slider windows to build this summer for $30 500... add on spray insulation, electrical, cement for 30x40, heat, 2 partion walls, ect.. it'll be another 30+ before it's done. I'm looking forward to a much better workshop for the next 30yrs.

Joe
Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Phew!!! that's quite the building Ayoub. What was it originally built for?

I just priced a Good-On 30x60x12'6 wood frame-tin strapped building, 12' roll up, 2 walk ins & 7 slider windows to build this summer for $30 500... add on spray insulation, electrical, cement for 30x40, heat, 2 partion walls, ect.. it'll be another 30+ before it's done. I'm looking forward to a much better workshop for the next 30yrs.
It was all built to enclose RC racing. here are a few more to show how it used to be

Here is the retail and on road track building. they're side by side

It cost them almose $650k for the whole thing. Ok, gotta run down there to pick up some batteries. Take care

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

That is definitely coolBut at that much money how will they ever recoup their money? Is there that much hobby business out there?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Apprentice

Yes, the picture with all the people is just a typical weekend crowd, Oval on Saturday, onroad Sunday and Wednesday. Dirt on Tuesday and Friday night, flying on Monday, crawling on Thursday.
Actual organized races are $15 per car, $10 for additional cars. Usually we run between 2-3 classes a person. So about $35 a person. You brake parts when racing so you have to buy new ones, on average they get about 70-100 people to race and shop from all over the Midwest as it is the largest indoor facility in the US. So yes they make really good money.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Apprentice

Finster is on a distinguished road

Wow! That's an awesome play space. I wish there was something like that near me.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Sorry to say but your typical weekend activity is close or more than the Indy event. About 30 people.
So if there is 30 people at 15 is 450 therefore the 650k is about 120 years not including utilities or property taxes - maybe another 20 years?

Izzy
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

All razzing aside - your fortunate to have such a nice place so near.