RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

lol Freddy, that would be awesome. Maybe drill the holes just the right size for blackcats to fit in, then fuse them all together blow a pail full of dirt down.

Oh for a small supply of detcord for xmas
Old 11-26-2011, 01:50 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

OH YEAH! I'd be on the National News alright! ...under the file of dumbf/k redneck who literally brought the house down..... on himself! Explosives are too unpredictable, no matter how small the charge. Create an air pocket in the wrong place & the foundation is in trouble!

It's an interesting idea that I game to try Freddy, and one of these aging excavators with their worn out/broken booms would be the perfect donor for such a boring machine model. However, we'll save this idea till when I move to the barn... 36'x78' interior area and NO 500 ton roof to come crashing down. I'll be over there next winter. I have very little wall left to mine down anyway.

You bet Neil! post up the contact info & we'll see if this chap can replicate the real thing in model form & make it as effective as they claim it to be. The 850 certainly has the power to destroy the earth or the bucket.

The 3rd tooth didn't have quite the right point on it & was less effective than the 2nd tooth. DING DING new idea... use a 3" ardox nail for a replaceable point. It's cutting hard ground really well now! Carved down another 3" last night with two charged 4s 5amp lipos

And while using it, it dawned on me that I should fashion up a tube to tack to the tooth for a quick change after every batt change to keep a sharp point.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:21 PM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Joe, this was at the LEA booth at ConExpo. Yes I have the business card from the builder, if you are interested.
Later, Neil.
I went by the LEA booth but didn't see that bucket, that's awesome. How close is that to the size you need for the 850 joe?
Old 11-26-2011, 05:42 PM
BANNED

Joe
Old 11-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

The Bucket builder is http://www.jaynikl.piczo.com/?cr=1 OR JAYNIKL@HOTMAIL.COM
The bucket was on a table at the back of the booth. I talked to the LEA Rep, and hope to do business with them in the future. For my Cat 305C CR mini ex.
I'll have to talk with the neighbor's about titanium scrap, and maybe make some teeth? I don't have the mount's figured out
yet? HMMM? more psychotic idea's!

Joe, look's like you are having fun with your experiment's! keep it up!
Cheer's, Neil.

Last edited by doodlebug; 11-26-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:21 PM
BANNED

Made from plastic resin, nice fabrication work.
http://jaynikl.piczo.com/?g=44062888&cr=1
Old 11-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
keep a sharp point.

HOLY MOLEY! I just had to go back 3 pages to make sure this thread didn't change topics! Now I know you said you were getting rid of the herd.
I thought for sure when I seen this fine lookin piece of diggin equipt,them cows were leaving the farm via a flat bed & not a live stock trailer!
Yu know,if you really want to finish it off. Just hook it to the machine with some baleing wire!
Sorry Joe! I couldn't let that one go bye without some ball breaking!EH?
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

A link for for non explosive demolition, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-exp...olition_agents . Just like watching paint dry! LOL! http://www.dexpan.com/dexpan-non-exp...FQZbhwodg0uJqQ http://www.crackamite.com/crackamite.html http://www.westernblasting.com/fractag.html
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
BANNED

The ol' doc messing with your medication again Freddy? Idk wtf you're talking about.

That looks like that's exactly what I need Neil, I'll read more later... gotta get going here shortly to the Grey Cup party.

I stripped away about a foot so far. The deeper I got, the harder the soil got, getting to be like granite!

It rained last night.
Water is the best remedy to soften clay... although muddy clay can be a problem too with sticking to everything, and binding shyt up!

Using a wood bit to drill holes, keep full of water & continue drilling down to the length of the bit, some holes are only an inch deep at the start, for the next couple days. By the time I get the pile below cleaned up in a wk's time, the soil in the wall might be at the correct ... what's the right word? consistency - texture -? for easy digging without clogging up the hoe with mud.

This pic looks like some of my cropland that's next to tame & native grass, freaking badgers dig enormous holes!

Screening the fines so it's just the lumps being hauled to the crusher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHMfAP9_PsA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzOSTcdlew0

The file size for the 1st vid was about 140mb, the 2nd was 550mb. Do you any difference in the resolution quality? I don't.

Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

wow thats some dedication there joe!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:21 AM
BANNED

Thanx Dean, good times.

Shipped the cows out on three liners Sat morning, the sale starts at noon today, I'm finally done with them critters.

Had some quiet time last night, just about got the last of the loose stuff cleaned up off the floor & will be back mining down the wall again today/tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NANsMnK4ShU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Tfh1ZNRsE

Joe
Old 12-06-2011, 03:59 AM

footprint is on a distinguished road

That drill is way to clean, another subtle hint to try the rocksaw
"freaking badgers dig enormous holes" - lol, my partner has that same problem but with Wombats and now wants to keep them as pets
Keep up the hard work we like updates with pics
Old 12-08-2011, 07:23 PM
BANNED

We'll see. Back on the wall again today ripping & digging, and so far the soil is quite mellow & easy to break up... also to mention that with the added moisture, not so dusty to drop the dirt off the edge either. Perhaps it's time to fashion up a water hauler?

Driving away from the screener, then past it to move dirt into the hole, away from the screener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh6z6oGDNYg

Joe
Old 12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering what style hydraulic valves the Vario's use? I have a pump built and now I need to figure out what type of valves we should make(rotary or spool).

Thanks Reg
Old 12-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Are you still working the number two hoe Joe ? ( RC4WD )
Old 12-15-2011, 08:34 PM
BANNED

I'd say it's probably a rotary valve Reg, here's some pics from Vario's site. Can't tell you anything more than that.
http://www.vario-earthmovers.com/bau...0-teil-10.html

I ran the HK last nite for an hour Greg, the 1st time in a couple of months, and it really sucks in fluent movement compared to the 850.

I tried when I 1st got it last July to make the ch mix work via radio menu & couldn't get nothing. Last nite I was gonna try to adjust some of the valves EPA's similar to how I programmed the 850, and couldn't get into the menu settings. And playtime for the HK hoe ended when the lights flickered & then the pump rpm slowed right down... I tried it today & the pump speed is still slow, like the esc might be junk?! Crap crap crap!

When I get my DX8 rx replacement from Albert, I'll try that Spektrum radio to improve the model's performanace... if it's possible?

Also, when I parked the HK last nite, I noticed alot of oil sitting atop the boom cyls, could the seals be toast already?!

Idk? this is a pretty crappy model compared to the german ones... or atleast mine is. I like this model’s range of motion & reach, but the radio & hyd system is garbage! I might have to change it all before I get it working as smoothly as the 850.

Here's a video with the HK 1st, then the Stahl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KovkRSYJSGQ

After using the 850 virtually everyday for the last month, these two smaller hoes are kinda slow & unresponsive in comparison.

Joe
Old 12-15-2011, 11:05 PM
BANNED

Joe
Old 12-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the photo's Joe, were you starting to have some electrical problems on the undercarrage ? Also, are the tracks 100 % now with the washers tacked onto the sprockets ?

greg
Old 12-16-2011, 12:40 AM
BANNED

I lost power to one of the tracks. You see that black residue on the copper contacts, as well as that black ring? What causes that & will dielectric grease combat it?

Other than that, the u/c has been working perfectly. The tacked on washers to the sprockets are the perfect fit to fill the width of the track link, zero problems skipping a track or foriegn material build up stuck in the links.

Joe
Old 12-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Looks like you had some arcing on the contacts, Joe. I wouldn't say that's uncommon. It happens on a lot electrical components. Is that your slew ring? Dielectric grease should cut down on the arcing quite a bit. You could always polish the contacts a little bit too. As they wear in, they'll have better contact, because their surface area will increase.