RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Bill Signs trucking truck...not excactly...

I found one of the pictures I had saved, which may be a big help to you. It really shows off the rear frame, and just how unique it is.

This actually Brand-Modell's scratchbuilt truck. The guys who make a lot of accessories for these scale trucks. I wish I had more photos of it, but I don't. I do have some other 1/24 scale photos, showing the ramps.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Here are a few more photos. These are 1/25 scale, I think, but still very, very cool trucks. I'd love to build one myself, and that's why I saved the photos, but since I won't be getting to it anytime soon, I thought I'd share them with you.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Found one more. This is the very last one I have.

This one is definitely a Canadian truck. I don't know how ever found this picture, but I saved it a long time ago. This one caught my eye because of the grille and stacks. Octagon stacks anyone?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx so much Nathan...WOW!!! octagon stack's, now that would definitely be different. And a different style of tool boxes between the axle's. Boy I have a lot of planning to do...time to get out the notebook and write some thing's down. And I really needed the pic of rear of the frame, great shot.
And last but not least, a texas bumper???
Interesting, look's like I have my work cut out for me...decision's, decision's

Thanx buddy, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

almost 2 pages and no buildin yet

can't wait to see this 1 goin

Old 12-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

John, I'm glad you found those pictures helpful. Of interest is the fact that these trucks have day cab conversion kits on them. The sleepers were removed, and an aftermarket wall, with window, was added. Another really neat detail you could include on your build are the tanks, behind the cab. My guess would be that they are some type of aux. air tanks. I just noticed the brown Pete also has octagon breathers! And maybe it's not Canadian after all. It's got an American flag in the window!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
John, I'm glad you found those pictures helpful. Of interest is the fact that these trucks have day cab conversion kits on them. The sleepers were removed, and an aftermarket wall, with window, was added. Another really neat detail you could include on your build are the tanks, behind the cab. My guess would be that they are some type of aux. air tanks. I just noticed the brown Pete also has octagon breathers! And maybe it's not Canadian after all. It's got an American flag in the window!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
almost 2 pages and no buildin yet

can't wait to see this 1 goin
ihbuilder, I know, I know...but there is a saying..."good things come to those who wait"
Be patient my friend

Espeefan, I had this model a long time ago, and I alway's thought it was an American truck, and there's another idea...American flag in the rear window.
I didn't notice the breather's either, so many option's...which way will I go...
As far as the air tank's, i'm putting everything on like the real truck, just with some twist and turn's that I possibly can. It won't be 100%, but it should be close.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!

Last edited by glorydays24; 12-13-2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Thought of more to say
Old 12-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

then should we move this up to general discussion till your ready to build ? Just a thought

Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
then should we move this up to general discussion till your ready to build ? Just a thought
Not a problem Steve, thankyou.

Big John

Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I did some tinkering tonight. I thought I would attempt to see what I could do on the rear of the frame as far as the curved part.
I just did one side. And I have a set of stock king rails thanx to S&P, thanx buddy.
Now this is just a first run to get a feel for what's ahead.

Let me know what you think, and thanx for looking

Big John

Old 12-14-2011, 08:08 AM

Lars S is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Bill Signs trucking truck...not excactly...

Locking good!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thank you Lars, I think I will tinker with the body tonight.

Big John

Old 12-15-2011, 02:58 PM

straightpipejakebrake is on a distinguished road

Wow that looks really good! Not sure if you answered this or not but are you building like the Bill Signs truck with the decals and all or are you building it like the blue one you posted?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightpipejakebrake View Post
Wow that looks really good! Not sure if you answered this or not but are you building like the Bill Signs truck with the decals and all or are you building it like the blue one you posted?
Thank you straightpipejakebrake. I am going with the blue, and the same graphic's if possible...Or since green is my fav color, who knows.
If I do go with the blue, the name of the truck will be "BIG BLUE".

Big John

Old 12-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Looks like you're off to a good start on those frame rail ramps. Might be kind of neat if you could contract a guy to machine you those pieces out of aluminum. Nothing wrong with styrene though! Nice work.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Looks like you're off to a good start on those frame rail ramps. Might be kind of neat if you could contract a guy to machine you those pieces out of aluminum. Nothing wrong with styrene though! Nice work.
Thanx Nathan, I thought of the aluminum myself.
But if I do, it will have to wait 'til after christmas.

Big John

Old 02-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well everyone, I have some news. I did some bartering with firefighter-1177, and in the trade, I got a king hauler rolling chassis, and a 48' spread axle flatbed body.
Now here's my delima
I have several options for the truck. I could build as the Bill Signs truck, a day cab pete, stretch the frame and super size the sleeper, or since I have a bruder mixer body, I could build a mixer. Now I went ahead and moved the front axle foward to look more like a pete, stretched the hood by 1/2" put the fuel tanks under the doors, put a headache rack on just to see which way I want to go.
And added a texas bumper. Here is a few pic's to show what i've done.

I still need to do a little more body work. I would really appreciate any input on which way I should go. I know it's my truck, but I need some guidence.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 02-02-2012, 07:46 PM

firefighter-1177 is on a distinguished road

I would go with the Big Blue idea(or big green, lime green might look good with the silver stripes) especially with the spread rear axles and tool bow in between them, that would be original. then maybe a lowboy to go with it... Or slap a few more axles under that flatbed and build a precast type load for it. Just my 2cents worth though!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:48 PM

firefighter-1177 is on a distinguished road

Oh and a winch... defiantly a winch!
Old 02-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter-1177 View Post
Oh and a winch... defiantly a winch!
Those are pretty good idea's, especialy the winch.
It's funny you mentioned the Bill Signs design because I started the tool boxes between the fenders. I'm getting ready to post pic's of what I got started.

Thanx Ken, Big John