RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "KISS" theme truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
That thing is gonna be real beefy and I think it was a great idea to combine a King cab and a Knight sleeper/roof. Quite unique!
Thanx SWAGGER, I really wanted this truck to be very different, and I think so far so good. I had a bumper sticker that said You laugh at me because i'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same. I guess you could say the same about this truck.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

I hear ya, I take being called weird as a compliment! I always ask people to define normal, just to make them think. Everything is relative and I prefer to be a shepard rather than a sheep. Keep at it man!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
I hear ya, I take being called weird as a compliment! I always ask people to define normal, just to make them think. Everything is relative and I prefer to be a shepard rather than a sheep. Keep at it man!
LOL!!!

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Journeyman

plow jockey is on a distinguished road

Great idea,looks cool. Good job on the styrene work..
Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Truck is going to be a monster, when you do the dip paint job do a test piece with a little borax in the water, my wife used to dip candles and the borax made a big difference in the finish, no idea what it does but it works good.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by plow jockey View Post
Great idea,looks cool. Good job on the styrene work..
Thank you plow jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
Truck is going to be a monster, when you do the dip paint job do a test piece with a little borax in the water, my wife used to dip candles and the borax made a big difference in the finish, no idea what it does but it works good.
Thank you Mrfish, now the borax, does it make the finish more glossy?

Big John

Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

I think it helped the paint film flow and slowed down dry time so it was flexible and formed to the parts without cracking, there are quite a few companies and websites with info on hydropainting, lots of pre done films available as well but I am unsure as to cost.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
I think it helped the paint film flow and slowed down dry time so it was flexible and formed to the parts without cracking, there are quite a few companies and websites with info on hydropainting, lots of pre done films available as well but I am unsure as to cost.
OK, I gotcha, thanx.

Big John

Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocar View Post
what would be cool is seeing all four band members on the truck but you got to put animal on the hood every body likes animal.
Here's animal (Gene) on the hood...LOL!!!

Big John

Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
Here's animal (Gene) on the hood...LOL!!!

Big John
Will Gene be your driver?

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Will Gene be your driver?

Cheer's, Neil.
I doubt it for two reasons...Gene isn't poseable and the windows probably be blacked out...we'll see.

Big John

Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I finally got 75 degree weather, and shot a coat of primer on this big body...boy is it heavy.

I need to get more sandpaper and bondo to continue...I have some bondo, and I may go ahead and see how much of imperfections I can cover.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

WOW the body looks good to me!! Its really taking shape now! I was looking at my extended weather and no 75 for another week! cant wait to see the paint tutorial!!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
WOW the body looks good to me!! Its really taking shape now! I was looking at my extended weather and no 75 for another week! cant wait to see the paint tutorial!!
Thanx Aaron, but believe me when I tell you there is a lot of imperfections...but that's why there's body putty and sandpaper.

Big John

Old 04-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I finally got 75 degree weather, and shot a coat of primer on this big body...boy is it heavy.

I need to get more sandpaper and bondo to continue...I have some bondo, and I may go ahead and see how much of imperfections I can cover.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Is it just me or does this cab resemble Gene Simmons head to anyone else? Anyways this thing is looking good, nice job Big John.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Is it just me or does this cab resemble Gene Simmons head to anyone else? Anyways this thing is looking good, nice job Big John.
BRICKNICK, I never noticed that before, but it does resemble Gene's bat wing makeup. And thak you for the compliment, greatly appreciated.

Big John

Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

that is great humor with gene on the hood!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Looking good Big John ,very nice body work!!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
that is great humor with gene on the hood!
LOL!!! I thought you might like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptech View Post
Looking good Big John ,very nice body work!!
Thanx buddy, it's slowly getting there.

Big John

Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I doubt it for two reasons...Gene isn't poseable and the windows probably be blacked out...we'll see.

Big John
John, this may sound a bit mental, but what if you got a second model Gene, so you can keep one as is and use the other to make him fit the truck. You could carefully cut him at the hips and knees etc, re-set them with glue or expoxy, use a little bondo to fill any gaps if necessary, sand and touch up with black paint. If you are able to build a complex cab, you are definitely able to do that and you would not see much of it anyway, but this truck would be SO well finished off to actually have Gene behind the wheel.

Worth considering!