RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "KISS" theme truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
John, this may sound a bit mental, but what if you got a second model Gene, so you can keep one as is and use the other to make him fit the truck. You could carefully cut him at the hips and knees etc, re-set them with glue or expoxy, use a little bondo to fill any gaps if necessary, sand and touch up with black paint. If you are able to build a complex cab, you are definitely able to do that and you would not see much of it anyway, but this truck would be SO well finished off to actually have Gene behind the wheel.

Worth considering!
SWAGGER you're making my brain hurt lol. But that is worth considering though. Our local walgreen carried a few things from kiss like notebooks christmas tree ornaments. Now you got my wheels turning. I think I may try to get another Gene and two of Paul, Paul as a passenger...who knows. There are so many things that could be done to this project, it seem's it may never end. BTW, my wife thinks i've lost my mind.

Thanx buddy, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:26 PM

DuelTruckDriver is on a distinguished road

John,

You've done a ton of styrene work on that cab! It loks awesome man, very good job! Man I tell you, styrene work is the most time consuming part of a build imo.

I'm watching this build, can't wait to see your paint scheme for this one.

>Marty<
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelTruckDriver View Post
John,

You've done a ton of styrene work on that cab! It loks awesome man, very good job! Man I tell you, styrene work is the most time consuming part of a build imo.

I'm watching this build, can't wait to see your paint scheme for this one.

>Marty<
Thank you Marty I have to agree, the styrene work is very time consuming, but I hate sanding. I can't wait to get some color on this.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
SWAGGER you're making my brain hurt lol. But that is worth considering though. Our local walgreen carried a few things from kiss like notebooks christmas tree ornaments. Now you got my wheels turning. I think I may try to get another Gene and two of Paul, Paul as a passenger...who knows. There are so many things that could be done to this project, it seem's it may never end. BTW, my wife thinks i've lost my mind.

Thanx buddy, Big John
No worries Big John! It would be cool to have Kiss members in the cab alright but I am sure whatever you do will be first class.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
No worries Big John! It would be cool to have Kiss members in the cab alright but I am sure whatever you do will be first class.
Thank you buddy, and after thinking about Gene driving, I found the king interior. I am going to try attempting to cut and reshape Gene and if I can find him, Paul. Stay tuned for more.

Big John

Old 04-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

YOU WANTED THE BEST, AND YOU GOT THE BEST, THE HOTTEST...Oh wait this isn't a kiss concert.
Anyway's I did some painting last night and today...Now I know this isn't the body, but I decided to bring the paint technique inti the cab. I got a container deep enough for the dash.

Put enough water so it would be completly submurged.

Sprayed three colors of choice.

Now I swirled, (do not mix) the paint. I got into a hurry and forgot to take pic's of swirling and dipping the dash...But I WILL on the body.

And I detailed the seats, because of SWAGGER, LOL!!! And even if I can't put Gene and Paul in the positions I need, there will still something for eye appeal.

Thanx for looking, and thanx SWAGGER for getting me to install the interior, Big John

Old 04-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Now thats pretty cool!!! cant wait to see the cab all done up like that!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Now thats pretty cool!!! cant wait to see the cab all done up like that!
Thanx a million Aaron. Now i'm undecided on whether to do the frames for both truck and trailer, or paint a solid color. Time will tell...
Now my next step is to make a pretty cool steering wheel.

Big John

Old 04-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I made a chain link steering wheel. Now I need to clean it up and get it detailed.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM

RCLaser is on a distinguished road

Nice... Oh and it looks like it comes with its own SteeringWheel BOX!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Hahahaa! Sorry John!! Glad you are doing it though, it looks mental and in the best way possible This truck is all about being wild and out of control so hit that as hard as you can. The seats are insane!! Who else has that? As for the dash, well, that is so unique, turned out great. Lastly, that steering wheel? I am speechless, this truck is going to be so in your face and imposing. I am loving this. Well done.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I made a chain link steering wheel. Now I need to clean it up and get it detailed.

LOL, Classic...very Nice !

Alfy
Old 04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road

Quote:

now you need a bare foot gas pedal and some green and gold carpet and a lava lamp! ! the truck is cool though
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser View Post
Nice... Oh and it looks like it comes with its own SteeringWheel BOX!
Thank you RCLaser.But i'll have to wait 'til it's empty lol.

Quote:
Hahahaa! Sorry John!! Glad you are doing it though, it looks mental and in the best way possible This truck is all about being wild and out of control so hit that as hard as you can. The seats are insane!! Who else has that? As for the dash, well, that is so unique, turned out great. Lastly, that steering wheel? I am speechless, this truck is going to be so in your face and imposing. I am loving this. Well done.
Thank you SWAGGER, and if it wasn't for you, the interior would be a no go...gues I just neede a little push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK Daddy View Post
LOL, Classic...very Nice !

Alfy
Thank you Alfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
now you need a bare foot gas pedal and some green and gold carpet and a lava lamp! ! the truck is cool though
Gun, i have got so many idea's for this "I LOVE IT LOUD" truck, I actually wake up thinking about it. I guess i'm a little throwed off. And thank you.

Big John

Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM

Autocar is on a distinguished road

don't forget the box trailer that flips open to a stage complete with all band instruments put a button on rear of trailer sticking out far enough for when you back into an object it comes open and that paint job on outside and in who wouldnt check out that set up!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocar View Post
don't forget the box trailer that flips open to a stage complete with all band instruments put a button on rear of trailer sticking out far enough for when you back into an object it comes open and that paint job on outside and in who wouldnt check out that set up!!!!!!
Autocar, I am wanting to do a "stage" in the trailer. But so far the only members I can find are Gene and Paul. I didn't think of a button to lay down one side, but maybe a servo. That way it would be a smooth drop. And I need to find the instruments...But the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Thank you, Big John

Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM

Find out who makes the action figures and give them a call they might have everything ya need with KISS already on it worth a try .
Old 04-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I got the steering wheel painted. and since this truck is going to be loud, I thought why not the inside.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:31 PM

Who needs a volume control with a dash that looks that good?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocar View Post
Who needs a volume control with a dash that looks that good?
Thanx a million Autocar, and remember, if it's to loud, you're to old.

Big John