RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 02:28 AM

Navyvet is on a distinguished road
Default Tamiya

Almost twenty year's ago I built the King Hauler. I figured after that many year's since my last Semi build, that Tamiya would still be awesome.
If you ask me, IMO, I think they might be dropping the ball a little.
The King Hauler had very few part's that required glue, and after it was done everything seemed to work like it should.
I built the Grand Hauler and posted my pic's. I don't recall having to use so much glue. If they are going to have hop ups like motorized legs and such, why not make sure that it work's without messing up my aluminum fender's?
At least state in the directions how to modify the build so a feller can use the part's that made him want the model in the first place.
The MCU-01 is really nice with all the sound's and gizmo's, but why make it so fragile that it cannot handle 5-10 even thirty more low volt led's? When you consider the cost of the MCU-01,it seems to me you could at least use the interior that come's with the $300 - $400 kit.
So far, the only thing I am impressed with with the Grand Hauler is the large metal stack's...that being said, the King Hauler is still King.
As far as the reefer trailer, don't even get me started on the plastic side's...
Wedico may very well be my next truck.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tamiya

I just wanted to touch on a few of your points.

The King Hauler had very few part's that required glue, and after it was done everything seemed to work like it should.
I built the Grand Hauler and posted my pic's. I don't recall having to use so much glue.

The grand hauler is based off the KH as we know, there are a few more items that require glue as these are new items and they were designed that way to give more detail.

If they are going to have hop ups like motorized legs and such, why not make sure that it work's without messing up my aluminum fender's?

Manual states that if you are going to use motorized legs you need to remove fenders. There is a plate with 2 screws that will scratch the fenders as you take turns.

At least state in the directions how to modify the build so a feller can use the part's that made him want the model in the first place.

If you are referring to fenders again, manual clearly states to not use them with motorized legs. If you are referring to something else, our manuals are to help you build the truck as you see on the box. Manual shows only one color scheme yet people paint it the color they choose with out our manual to help them.

The MCU-01 is really nice with all the sound's and gizmo's, but why make it so fragile that it cannot handle 5-10 even thirty more low volt led's?

MFC unit it designed to work with only the LED's included in the box. There are aftermarket items that allow you to modify your truck differently.

As far as the reefer trailer, don't even get me started on the plastic side's...

Tamiya is a plastic model company at its core, so items that are made of plastic can be made from us rather than a 3rd party.

Please note: This [post was not meant as a flame, I am just pointing out the facts to help you understand the points to your post.

If you have not seen check out my build article. http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/bu...e#.VZvpunpVhBc

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:59 AM

Mawler1 is on a distinguished road

not got anything bad to say about Tamiya stuff, and after owning a Juggernaut 2 (which turned 15 yesterday - bought 6th July 2000) and also have a TXT-1 and Agrios, thought the 3 speed knight hauler would be difficult, it now pulls three Tamiya tanker trailers, and two Pole trailers modded into dollies with not a problem.... MFC-01 and all...

also have a S10 and had a Stadium Blitzer (original run MSC and all) that got binned as I thrashed the life out of it...
Old 07-07-2015, 12:10 PM

The first tamiya box trailer I built had metal side's.
There is no mention on either Grand Hauler or motorized leg packaging that a requirement to use the legs for the trailer required removal of the fenders..
maybe something like this.. (requires removal of model shown fenders) on the package where it states "for use on all tamiya tractor models..
same with the mcu-01 about the leds.
like I said before, just my opinion.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough

I really did not want to get more into this as I stated the facts.

Grand Hauler Manual page 14

MFC, each truck has a diagram where the lights go on newer trucks these are found in the trucks manual. MFC manual states to follow wiring diagram and light placement per the manual.

Grand hauler you can see MFC references throughout. Page 30 has a diagram with all the lights you can use.

-->

Old 07-07-2015, 02:22 PM
Tamiya Rep

Also on page 31 it says if you are going to use motorized legs do not use H4 use the mudflaps bag and gives you instructions on how to use it.

-->

Old 07-07-2015, 03:39 PM

on page 14 and 31, ...in the manual, not on the package..
Old 07-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Tamiya Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyvet View Post
on page 14 and 31, ...in the manual, not on the package..
Package does not say or show the truck with motorized support legs installed with the fenders on.

Package shows motorized legs as an option which is it and it will work 100% with the truck and any Tamiya trailer. No where does it say it will work with fenders on. Package does not show aluminum fenders installed as we do not make any.

Package shows a tanker trailer illustration attached to truck but is equipped with stock legs.

Also package does not show the truck in purple, how did you figure out how to do that?

Maybe your complaint about the MFC's and LED's should be sent to OB1 as we did not manufacture that, and if we did we would have made sure there was enough power to complete its task.

I know your goal in this thread. Let me know if you have any real questions about our products.

Thanks for your support of Tamiya Products,

Joe

-->

Old 07-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

I say we call this debate closed and mark it up to not reading the directions. As for more lights there is a guy who goes by mister lights on a couple of forums that makes a controller that plugs into one of the light ports on the MFU that will support 150 led’s if I remember right.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 07-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Joe
I think you have explained it right.. There are people out there that what ever thing for nothing and when they screw up it not my fault that I did not read the manual. I know how to do this 20 years ago, so it must be the same now..... I do believe it said in the manual to read ever thing before you start to build..

Just my two cents...

Wayne
Old 07-07-2015, 07:27 PM

I have no goal in mind as far as this post Mr Anderson, and was not trying to make you upset. I was just posting how I felt and still feel the same way. Even more so that I know how a rep from Tamiya react's to a costumer complaint.
Debate over.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Green Horn

firefighter30 is on a distinguished road

Your complaint is invalid you didnt read the manual

Member of the East Coast Mini Truckers
Old 07-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Tamiya

Joe was very professional in his explanations.

The manual is very clear about the use of the fenders in regard to the motorized landing gear and the lights to be used with the MFU-01 ate included in the kit.

The Tamiya dry van trailer still comes in the box with the metal sides & roof, unfortunately the reefer trailer & container trailers are plastic - however it is a good quality plastic and should stand up to years of use if you don't plan on just trying to beat it to death with a shovel or drop it from a table top for a durability test.

Tamiya is still the leading product line for our hobby in my opinion!

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."
Old 07-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Tamiya Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyvet View Post
I have no goal in mind as far as this post Mr Anderson, and was not trying to make you upset. I was just posting how I felt and still feel the same way. Even more so that I know how a rep from Tamiya react's to a costumer complaint.
Debate over.
I am not upset, I am happy to help and point out the facts.

I as any Tamiya rep, would react by pointing out the facts as I did.

As always I am open to questions about our products.

Thanks,

Joe

-->

Closed Thread