RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > R/C Truck's Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories

RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories Welded aluminum dump boxes and more

Old 10-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Grand Hauler Half Round Dump Box

I've been working on this Grand Hauler half round since the weekend. It's coming along but not as fast as I would like. Yesterday I ran out of Argon part way through welding the 1/4x1/2 flat bar on. The local supply store didn't have any and wouldn't until late today so I had to make a trip into the city which cost me three hours. This morning I started machining the custom tailgate. First off I broke a bandsaw blade cutting the corners off the flat bar and then I broke my favorite 1/8 ball mill cutter while cutting out the inner parts on the mill. That's three things that have gone wrong already with this box and I just started it on Sunday!lol

Anyway, enough grumbling about the life of a toy maker.

Here she is so far...

Reg
Old 10-28-2015, 12:26 AM
Green Horn

Kausekaos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grand Hauler Half Round Dump Box

Sorry about your troubles, but its looking good so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kausekaos; 10-28-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kausekaos View Post
Sorry about your troubles, but its looking good so far.

Haha, the troubles aren't your fault. It's just part of doing business. Sh!t wears out and breaks down.lol What happened to your first post with all the jumping and grinning? I liked that one!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:48 AM
Green Horn

Didnt read the words just got excited looking at the pics, didnt want to seem inconsiderate. But

Old 10-28-2015, 12:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

That's better.lol
Old 10-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Apprentice

speedy8305 is on a distinguished road

Reg my brotha I feel ya pain I hate when Im milling something and my cutter break or get jammed up but all in all the box is looking great.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Almost finished!

https://youtu.be/pwE0nTG-ez8

Old 10-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Green Horn

I love it, you captured everything I wanted and then some with that adjustable Cab gaurd. I showed the video to a friend and she was like "what he really means there is "$!#& you". I'm sorry I can't stop laughing.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:46 PM

tamiya fan is on a distinguished road

Great work Reg. You've really expanded out with the new styles and trailers. They really look good! Keep up the good work. They make a lot of us happy.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
I love it, you captured everything I wanted and then some with that adjustable Cab gaurd. I showed the video to a friend and she was like "what he really means there is "$!#& you". I'm sorry I can't stop laughing.
Haha, she was right. I almost said that you were worse than a 13 year old girl in the video.lol I knew you would think it was funny but I didn't want people watching my videos thinking I'm a **** not knowing the background story.lol I'm glad you like it. Making the cab guard adjustable on this one wasn't a big deal so I thought I would. I'll see if I can add boards tomorrow morning and then I'll take it into the powder coating shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya fan View Post
Great work Reg. You've really expanded out with the new styles and trailers. They really look good! Keep up the good work. They make a lot of us happy.
Thanks very much! How come we've never seen pictures on here of your stuff? Huh, Huh?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:38 PM
Green Horn

It wasn't that bad, tons of emails I will admit. Just a lot of idea's I had and you got them all.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
It wasn't that bad, tons of emails I will admit. Just a lot of idea's I had and you got them all.
Well you're entitled to your opinion... I try to make things the way people want if I can. Probably why I have so much grey hair now and I can't sleep. I think it turned out well and although it was more work than what we first talked about, it was worth the extra effort. A couple extra shifts at the train station and we'll be good.lol
Old 10-28-2015, 11:54 PM
Green Horn

Don't worry NYC Transit works me like a slave, so all is good. Like another employee told me when I started, "Welcome back to slavery, I bet this wasn't what they had in mind when they said the underground railroad".

And I promise when I come back for a dump trailer it will be simple I promise. No changes needed I like them how they come. If anything it would be just a tarp added.

Last edited by Kausekaos; 10-29-2015 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:53 AM

tamiya fan is on a distinguished road

Thanks very much! How come we've never seen pictures on here of your stuff? Huh, Huh?[/QUOTE]

I know always building the things. Haven't taken any pictures of any of them yet, and then to figure out how to post them. Been thinking about it lately though. The truck with your dump box on it came out nice, you did a great job on the box!
Old 10-29-2015, 08:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well you know we all like pictures around here. I always like to see how the trucks turned out anyway. It's been long enough that I forget what your dump box looks like.lol
Old 10-29-2015, 12:20 PM
Green Horn

heavy_duty is on a distinguished road

Great job on that dump body. You knocked it out of the park. Great detail and function. AWESOME.

ED
Old 10-29-2015, 01:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks Ed. It should look pretty nice when I get it back from coating.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well my day started off poorly today. At 6am I was lying in bed just about to get up when the electricity went out. My wife woke up to me saying some bad words and then the power came back on, went out and came back on again all within a couple of minutes. I got up, stuck my head out the door and no wind just rain. Not a very good excuse for a power outage. Maybe it will stay on? Had a shower, made breakfast and out to the shop I go to start my workday. Turn on the shop computer(it was on when the power went out) and walk over to the mill to start again where I left off last night making truck dump bed parts. Look back over at the computer and the screen is black. Turn the mill off and I can hear the computer fan going full blast so I go over to investigate. She's gone! Computer is on but no one is home anymore. SH!T! It's an old computer running XP so it has put it's time in but now I need to replace it. Then the wind came up and the power went out again around 8:20am so I went to town with my wife. I looked at new computers today but even ones that start out cheap end up expensive by the time the dust settles so I came home empty handed. Especially when you don't want to buy one! The power ended up being out for over 6 hours so most of today was a total loss. The home computer is OK and I'm just glad the mill is still working because the old shop computer would be the least of my worries if that were to go down again. Anyway, one good thing did happen today...

Not finished but close!

Last edited by RCP57; 10-30-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Green Horn

Old 10-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Green Horn

Idk maybe i should just leave it like that. All black. Reg do you have any other colors besides white/red?