RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 08-21-2017, 10:09 PM

trucker1970 is on a distinguished road
Default Eagle Machinery Dozer track pin problems

Ok so I bought the dozer and love it but my track pins come out and you have to tap them back in which only lasts a short time 😖 is anyone else having this problem? They don't have E clips they are hollow pins that are expanded or something I guess I don't know. I need a fix though... Dozer is down until I figure out a solution.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:27 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eagle Machinery Dozer track pin problems

I drilled out the cast tracks on my Oliver and installed steel pins, but like you describe they can and do slide out of place. I have recently started using hollow brass tube instead of solid steel. It is easier to work with and I think in my application is going to be plenty strong. I had a few in place at the Brownsville show and they worked fine. I ran the Dozer a lot Friday and Saturday.

When I replace the brass I am able to cut them just over length with side cutters. This deforms the end, so I round one end so it fits into the track pad. Then install the brass tube and clip the rounded end so it is again deformed out of round which keeps them in place.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Old 08-21-2017, 11:32 PM

Thanks Jim! worth a try I appreciate the quick response 👍🏻
Old 08-21-2017, 11:43 PM
Green Horn

Location: Mount Evelyn/Lilydale Area, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3796
Kingcam2 is on a distinguished road

Hi mate,

A friend of my has the same dozer and has the same problem, he just puts a drop or two of super glue on the just before he finishes hammering them back in, you could give that a go see if it helps.

Regards Cam.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:53 PM

Thanks Cam! I think I will try that. A friend suggested that or RED Locktite and let it sit overnight. That's a lot easier at least to try at first before trying to replace any. I think I'll try super glue first.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:58 PM

Yard Toad is on a distinguished road

I too had the same problem with this dozer, I went ahead and used blue loctite with great success. Have not had problems since.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:19 AM

Trackerman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
I drilled out the cast tracks on my Oliver and installed steel pins, but like you describe they can and do slide out of place. I have recently started using hollow brass tube instead of solid steel. It is easier to work with and I think in my application is going to be plenty strong. I had a few in place at the Brownsville show and they worked fine. I ran the Dozer a lot Friday and Saturday.

When I replace the brass I am able to cut them just over length with side cutters. This deforms the end, so I round one end so it fits into the track pad. Then install the brass tube and clip the rounded end so it is again deformed out of round which keeps them in place.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Jim any chance of a photo of the brass pin installed please/

Cheers

Paul.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Let's see how this works, let me know if you have trouble with the photo links.

https://flic.kr/p/WLyL7k

https://flic.kr/p/WLyLgP

(Does anyone know if there is a way to make this a thumbnail instead of a link?)

I think you can see the three brass tube pins in the center adjoining links? On my Dozer the pins can NOT be much longer than the outside holes on the link or they would catch on the frame. Since my Dozer is only 1:16 scale I am a bit smaller than yours and the pin size may not be the same. For me, there are two advantages/observations:

The brass tube is easier to work with that steel, it seems to be more than strong enough since the pins are so short and the diameter is small. I can clip the brass tube with wire nipers, And, I have busted out the holes when over stressed while using steel. The brass may be a bit easier on the tracks than steel, I would rather install a new brass tube pin that replace a track.

Jim
Old 08-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Flicker.com it's still free, & works well
Old 08-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Brass Track Pins by jim delveau, on Flickr

Last edited by frizzen; 08-23-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:32 AM

Trackerman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Eagle Machinery Dozer track pin problems

Jim,
Thank you for sharing.

Paul.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Has anybody tried the Premacon tracks on the Eagle DXR2? These pads use e clips, I think that is much better than the friction fit Eagle uses. They are wider, not sure if they will clear the dozer's frame with the inside edge of the track. Looks like the push arms have plenty of clearance.
http://shop.premacon.com/product_inf...roducts_id=885

These shots show clearance.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
Let's see how this works, let me know if you have trouble with the photo links.

https://flic.kr/p/WLyL7k

https://flic.kr/p/WLyLgP

(Does anyone know if there is a way to make this a thumbnail instead of a link?)

I think you can see the three brass tube pins in the center adjoining links? On my Dozer the pins can NOT be much longer than the outside holes on the link or they would catch on the frame. Since my Dozer is only 1:16 scale I am a bit smaller than yours and the pin size may not be the same. For me, there are two advantages/observations:

The brass tube is easier to work with that steel, it seems to be more than strong enough since the pins are so short and the diameter is small. I can clip the brass tube with wire nipers, And, I have busted out the holes when over stressed while using steel. The brass may be a bit easier on the tracks than steel, I would rather install a new brass tube pin that replace a track.

Jim
Yes sir, there's a way. When you click on the image you wish to share, there should be something that resembles a RIGHT TURN ARROW, click it. then select the option for the (BBCode IF I REMEMBER RIGHT, it's some kinda code thingy), & select MEDIUM size for the photo size option. Copy that code link it produces, & paste that link into your post here. I hope this helps. I'm not too technologically knowledgeable.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:49 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

It happens that these kind of pins come out, more or less. I just put a bit 'super glue', or instant glue what ever on those pins. Not bother to change all bolts to e-clips type.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:42 AM

**UPDATE** OK so blue locktite then superglue on one and blue locktite only on the other and at a quck glance looks like one pin on the locktite only track was sticking out just a bit so who knows maybe I missed that one. I ran it for about a half hour of actual use it sat mostly while I loaded my 8x8 with the excavator. I need to put it up on the work bench and do a closer inspection and make sure it's only the one. THANKS for all the messages I'm glad it wasn't just me!
Old 09-07-2017, 04:47 PM

ariari is on a distinguished road

I used also blue loctite and no problems yet... I read that this red loctite needs heat and force to remove so I didn't want to use that stuff.

I have some excavator tracks which I think is also from eagle mach (ordered from aliexpress) 50mm width and those will fit in the dozer also.