RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:34 PM

Sydwaiz is on a distinguished road
Default Another newb from L.A.

Greetings! Thought I'd say hi before diving down this rabbit hole. I've put together just a few buggies, cars, and crawlers through out my years. I get more satisfaction from the assembly than anything else. I've always admired the scale semi's and when the Grand Hauler came out and I saw it at the Long Beach Grand Prix last year at the Tamiya expo, I knew I had to get one eventually. Even my wife loved the old school look of it. Fast forward to the Grand Prix a couple weeks ago. Tamiya was there again and my wife said she would buy it for me for my b-day. The show special was $350 and I was about to let her but something told me to wait. On the way home from the races, I was checking prices online on my phone and I came across an Amazon listing. The price was $128 with prime shipping! The description wasn't very clear from the seller so I was half expecting some plastic static model or some chinese knockoff but I took a chance and it paid off! I think I got a pretty good deal on a new in wrap Grand Hauler. Well, wish me luck on my build. It may be a while though. I've got a few more kits to build as well that I've been squirrelling away! See ya around the forums and please go easy on another newb!
Old 04-24-2016, 10:22 PM

Howie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another newb from L.A.

Hello and welcome, we were all newbies once. I give train rides at Wilson Park twice a month. The bug bit me pretty hard. Lots of fun!! Do you watch the videos on YouTube? Howie.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:49 PM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Another newb from L.A.

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great folks & a trailer-load of information here. Just remember: Work hard, play hard, & have fun.

F.Y.I.: Check out www.westcoastminitruckers.com

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."