RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 07-29-2016, 08:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

, way ahead of you coop, I'm going door to door this weekend as a matter of fact, just as courteous precaution and giving all the neighbours a heads up about next weekend.
I'm explaining it as, " next weekend there will be a Canadian jade helm exercise in the hood and not to panic or worry.....all under control...."
I'm really anxious too for months now I've been nervous and worried about everyone having a good time but as things get done and I see it all coming together, I know we're gonna have a blast!
Mother Nature has to play ball now, forcast says rain for Friday and good for the rest of weekend. I'm hoping by next week that rain will be Thursday, moisten up the soil and then good to go for fun and digging friday, sat , sun.
Not to worry btw, I have a plan B worst case scenario. Susan's dad has a 40x60 garage concrete floor ready to go if we need to move indoors due to weather.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Excellent Mario!! The drive will be completely forgotten once I get there!!! And after the last several months a long weekend of having no possible way of dealing with work related things will be much appreciated!!

Well still moving stuff, had to load up engin hoist to lift machines into truck, then load up hoist again to take back to new garage to unload them!! But making progress on moving. I can't finish ceiling and another bank of lights till gas gets run to furnace. Can't finish insulation till gas is in walls, cans do drywall till insulation is done. The pains of having to hire some people for things I can't do. And being a impatient man child it's torture!! Lol!!

And yes some nice pieces of furniture in a workshop, business acquires furniture every now n then and I can't store it in the barn for very long before it gets trashed. So the workshop is going to be classy for a redneck like myself!! Now have to go get the metal shear and all the heavy stuff will be moved!! Or maybe I'll make sure all the toys are in working order for a Canadian invasion.

Hey Mario what are the gun laws like? Lol!! Just kiddin, but prostitution is legal right?!?! Baaaahaaaa!!!! Lol!!! What happens in Canada stays in Canada!! Unless the arrest record follows. Lol!!! Trying to razz ya up some .
Old 07-31-2016, 08:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Razz away my friend it's all good. .
I saw a vid posted of a 75mph RC boat on YouTube lastnight which made me think about your boat and watched your vids again.......then I got thinking, sure would be cool to see the mad Catt running down the st Mary's river passing 700ft great lakers as they come through the locks.
How big a trailer can that SUV tow?
Old 07-31-2016, 11:57 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Coop, that looks like the same mill I have but the DRO is different. I got mine installed from Grizzly.

Did you install your own and are you left handed? I guess I never thought about how it would be on the left side with the quill and lift on the right side?

Jim
Old 08-01-2016, 12:58 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I thought you owned a Bobcat?

Joe
Old 08-17-2016, 07:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I thought you owned a Bobcat?
Yes I do but no forks and it doesn't fit into old garage. More work but ended up a little easier in the long run.

Well I have almost all the butt joints done. Hopefully with the humidity we have it will be dry by tomorrow. ( I know for all ya mudders, I am just using a heavy general mud. Not using any hot mud for seams/large gaps ). But I decided to use fibrafuse tape for seams, paper/steel still for corners. First time using this stuff and it does go on pretty well. Don't have to worry about bubbles or pulling bad tape.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

it didn't look like that Friday night
Old 08-17-2016, 11:35 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

That's a tonne of work you've accomplished by yourself... you're a God in my eyes, cause I'd never get it done... by myself.

Joe
Old 08-18-2016, 06:24 AM
Green Horn

Location: Mount Evelyn/Lilydale Area, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3796
Kingcam2 is on a distinguished road

Looking good cooper,

I wish I had a set up like your or a bigger hobbly room that do more with.

Regards Cam.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
That's a tonne of work you've accomplished by yourself... you're a God in my eyes, cause I'd never get it done... by myself.
Thanks joe, that's one of the downfalls of my job, I get my hands into pretty much everything. And that results in me usually doing most of it. Hate to pay for something I know I can do. I don't get into furnace/ac repair or cutting trees!!! And that little background has given me the green light for some of the machines and welders, I might need make something for work yeah right, just an excuse for myself to justify the purchases.
You were curious to see what I do with space, with 12' ceilings I have a lot of space up there, possibly a small overhead shelf in back and have been thinking of making my own hainging wall cabinets. Just some more things to do!!! Lol!!! Once so paint on walls and machines prove to be in a useable location I can figure perminant storage.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well having everything scattered in various buildings I still found some work for the equipment. Digging some grass/dirt out of the doorway and dumping some of the shale I had pushed up from before.

And one pic I got of a d7 on the way out when we were on the way in. I was a little kid when my dad spent hours on end pushing dirt with one and had an old pull pan/scraper. Both were cable winch operated.

And making some more progress on garage. Corners done first coat, hopefully by beginning of week I'll be done with drywall mud. Had to get a dehumidifier in the garage. Over a day on some of the seam joints and still a little soft. It's been pretty humid around here and not helping!!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:43 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

How'd you shoot the pan photo? Cool!

Jim
Old 08-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

iPhone has it as a option for different formats , keep forgetting it has it.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

The shop is looking awesome RW! I did all of the work on our shop as well with some help here and there from family and a friend or two. It saved us over 20K in labor so all of the after work work was well worth it to me! I liked putting up the sheets of drywall but hated waiting for the mud to dry and sanding it.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Drywall is my second least favorite , second to insulation!! I am having to hire out the ceiling insulation, having it blown in as no storage space is needed up there. Hopefully today I can get the final coat of mud in walls and just a quick sponge to clean up before paint. Hate to sand so try to eliminate that.
With the new location I have new possibilities. In the pic below, I have an old concrete base and of silo. It's about 30' round and has screw slots in the concrete. They are about 10" deep. I am in the process of digging them out. Will make some cool possibilities for bridges and roads of concrete.

And more brick hidden in the ground!! Going to build a rock wall and add some trees (full size) around the new dig/play area. Right now it's just grassy slope and concrete pad. But that's an exercise in building it with the toys and not with 1:1 equipment. Well the 500-1000 pound rocks may be moved with diesel power
Old 08-21-2016, 09:26 PM

mcCracken15 is on a distinguished road

[/QUOTE]

what compressor is that in the background? is it a much quieter running compressor?
i am sorta on the look out for a nicer small quiet one to run close by when milling as i live in an apartment and my big one wouldnt be likes by the neighbors!
Old 08-21-2016, 09:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

It's a inexpensive airbrush compressor from harbor freight, I forget what psi it is but for blowing stuff off it is perfect, it is pretty quiet. I doubt it would even bother someone in the same room. For steady use it may be ok for blowing chips away from a cutter, I never set up anything for that but it was my intentions when I got it. I hate noisy compressors. If you want to spend around 200$ check out California air tools, they are about the quietest I know of. I think around a normal conversation level 60-65 decibels. ? Not sure of my numbers but pretty quiet. And the one in pic is very quiet.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The little one is rated 58 psi but they have a built in regulator or something like that. Comes on a 3kg and kicks off at 4kg.

And the last pic is the small comp I got for new shop, not really big enough for continuous use of air tools or heavy blast cabinet but for what I'm working with it should do. And it's quiet. I don't have any videos of it but check out YouTube, that's what sold me on that size comp for in the shop , and noise levels.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Joe, here are the only forks I have for equipment. Little big to be shuffling around in a residential garage. And not to mention how many times I have to get in and out to see if I'm pushing anything or sliding under it!! Can't see squat from inside cab
Old 08-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh and if anyone wants a mill/lathe combo hit me up. Not officially selling it but just thought I'd say as I don't want to keep moving the heavy little bugger!!! (I know it's not in the buy/sell section, so if inappropriate here just delete)