RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 04-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Green Horn

REV73 is on a distinguished road
Default Some people on Ebay are just complete idiots...

So last week I sold a 1/6th scale New Bright International CXT truck on ebay to a guy in the states...It was mint, at least it was when it left my hands. It arrived to him in pieces and his reaction was to file a complaint with Ebay that the item I sent him was not the one I had listed....what a moron. I have a positive feedback rating of almost 350 and he thinks the truck I listed was damaged, and not the mint one I pictured in the auction. So he filed the complaint, and then goes and gives me negative feedback before I even have a chance to respond to him and explain that the package was insured. You NEVER leave feedback without trying to work things out first.
His beef is with the post office, not me....so now my feedback is tarnished, and Ebay has frozen my paypal account until the matter is resolved. This idiot thinks I'm just going to hand him back the money he sent for the truck and shipping and I'm not going to say a word about it. Sometimes I wonder why I don't just give up on Ebay completely....Lets hope the people at the Ebay resolution centre who make the final decision realize that I have done nothing wrong here...We'll see...stay tuned.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some people on Ebay are just complete idiots...

I hate the post office too! Thanks a lot Home Land Security!
Cheers, Neil.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Green Horn

civic83 is on a distinguished road

mike, thats not the one you smashed with a bat before you boxed it up is it?

just kidding, that sucks. I went through something like that a year ago, sold a laptop motherboard that was 100% working and tested, guy gets it claims it doesn't work and wants his cash back even tho the auction said no returns/refunds/ect ect. thankfully ebay stepped up and everything worked out for me. In the end the guy even fessed up and said he had not read the auction and that the board wouldn't work with his chip he was trying to use!

overall tho my ebay experiences have been positive, I'm sorry to hear your having issues!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

I just went through a similar incident.

truck arrived damaged. they immediately went to paypal, said item was not as described. froze funds. then after explaining that it was a postal claim and the item was shipped as described, they wanted the postal insurance paperwork. I had to get them to cancel the dispute before i would send the papers. I was not going to get double taken!

far as i know papers arrived, they did the claim, got their money back, got my money back.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

I have a beef with a sell (amuseingparts123) he told me he would give me a 15% discount on some parts because his stock ran out. He wanted me to not go through ebay so I asked how he wanted to do but after trying to call several times and several emails I left him a bad feed back and when I tried to buy some rear ends he denied the sale because of the feed back. There were other things that happened with this seller and I overlooked them but this was the topper. Ebay said that he could sell off ebay using them and that not what there tell you. I want the rears but it will be a cold day in **** before I do business with him again. Ed
Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Green Horn

Hey Stuff, sounds like the very same thing I am dealing with...After I realized he had negative feed backed me, i sent him another email restating that he wasn't getting any money from me...haven't heard anything since...Still hoping that saner heads at ebay prevail...
Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Green Horn

so the guy finally contacted me tonight. Turns out he now believes it was the post offices fault and when he went to make the claim found out that he needs my help to get the ball rolling!!!! thanks to the post by Stuff I knew how to handle it. He agreed to drop the claim and will attempt to get ebay to remove the negative feedback in exchange for my cooperation!!! Funny how that worked out now isn't it....thanks for the post Stuff, it was a big help.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really sure if you mentioned it, but did you by any chance insure it? when dealing with anybody on the net via ebay or a forum, I always spluge the extra 3-4 bucks for insurance....It always pays off and it gives you piece of mind

sucks you have to go through this, been there done that

good luck
Alfy
Old 05-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Green Horn

yeah the package came with 100 bucks worth of insurance just because of the way I shipped it. we are now working to resolve the whole thing with the post office.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

you're welcome man! I insure EVERYTHING! I shipped my laptop back and insured it for the next 100$ more then what I paid for it. Same with a Nitro MGT I sold. Sure it costs me extra money but it is peanuts compared to what the item would cost me out of pocket!

lol i was hoping the MGT would get lost or something. I sold it for $90 and insured it for $500 LOL
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

I feel your pain. Ebay really caters to the buyer it seems. Ive had a few of those deals where theres not much you can do. The negative feedback really burns me up too...
Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

I as a buyer got burned 2 times but believe me there are more scamming sellers than buyers in my opinion and i think whoever is going to out a negative feedback it must first go through a separate arbitrator committee and they hear both sides to situation and they decide whether it warrants a negative feedback or not.too many people on both sides of the fence are trigger happy with that negative feedback button...just my 3 cents