RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:05 AM

Jack3M is on a distinguished road
Default Sources

Hello,
Sort of an intro and request at the same time. Been into RC aircraft since the '70's and have gotten bored with flying. I need to sell off my stuff to get into this as a hobby. Between now and then, I would like sources to purchase the products that this section of the forum would delve in.

Interested in used dumper, dozer, and other heavy equipment in the scale of 1/14 or larger. Not really interested in Vario stuff, like the helicopters, not worth the money to me. I will need to learn hydraulics and need sites related to what would be used in this world of RC.

One of my first scratch projects will be to make a lawnmower/string mower that can be run on a steep hillside remotely. Thinking a combination of battery and gas power. Much to learn, much to learn.

So links to main page of sources would be awesome. Eventually scratch building is the goal.

If per strange chance, willing to trade RC heli's and airplanes for used heavy equip. My aircraft are ready to fly less receiver, but none of it is for beginners.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:23 PM

tamiya fan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sources

As far as sources to purchase items, there are so many depending on what you want to do. Here are some:

Tower hobbies = basics and more (kits , etc...)
Pmd (Garden Trucking) = specialty items to our hobby and more
RCP (on the forum) = hand made aluminum dump boxes and more
Many other people on the forum in the vendor section
Any hobby site online and some local hobby shops

Sorry I don't have link pages.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:44 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

This is the biggest, strongest, best excavator kit in the world!

http://www.vario-earthmovers.com/

Certainly not the greatest for "detailed", but the price reflects that too... besides, if you like scratch building, then you got a good platform with this model to start. I think this particular model's greatest asset is that it comes as a kit that "you" have to assemble/paint yourself. It's getting to be a sad state in this construction equip hobby that the norm is now becoming RTR only, and some of these model companies haven't freaking clue how to build their own models either, leaving you with a defective non-running model right out of the box.

I have this hoe, I've been working the shyt out of it for 5yrs this month, I've had very little trouble with it, just minor upkeep.

Joe
Old 07-08-2016, 08:33 AM

Jack3M is on a distinguished road

Vario has very good stuff, my experience with their helicopters tells me that. It also tells me that with some caution, you can do almost as well with Chinese stuff if you are prudent about which ones.

For the price of a Vario, I can purchase 3 of the XL's and have enough left over to buy 3 pump setups.

I will start another thread for that argument(s)