RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:18 AM

Jack3M is on a distinguished road
Default analog/digital

Just moving toward this hobby. I see the Tamiya MFU requires analog radio. Is that for all channels or can you use radio that is more digital but with sliders? So is that for features or the actual running of the vehicle?

Hate to have to give up the use of my 12 channel Spektrum.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:07 PM

tamiya fan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: analog/digital

That's what they say, such as a Futaba 4YF and others. That's how I started out. By the way they are 2 versions of the 4YF, one with a telescoping antenna and one with out. (You get more in the kit with telescoping antenna) They will both work, I found this out with my tanks. Any way I didn't like having one radio per truck (to much stuff laying around) so I tried a Futaba T8J, digital radio, and most if not all functions work. (I like Futaba)

I don't have experience with the Spektrum, but many use them (6 and 8 channel) and get them to work fine. Run a search for it, there are write ups on it. I think a member Cossett did a post on how to set it up.

They are more knowledgeable people on the site that would know more than me, but I would say it would work for most important functions any way. The MFU is a GREAT item in my opinion, does everything in one unit. (Hard to fit into a Day Cab though)

Hope this all helps!
Old 07-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

You can run about any radio it just takes some messing with it to get it to run right with the MFU. I started with FM and still use them as I have no issues in 18 years of glitching but tried Spektrum got it to work but just do not care for there raidos nor do I like futaba 2.4 but now run some trucks on Airtronics 2.4 and they work great.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:41 PM

Jack3M is on a distinguished road

Okay, so with proper setup this is possible even though they say analog. Probably endpoint and throw settings?

Well, we all have our preferences on radio equipment. I myself like the Spektrum for many reasons, but the telemetry is really nice to be able to keep track of temps and voltage right in the radio with alarms. Lipo batteries do not fair well if over-discharged.

I have receivers and telemetry units up the ying yang.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

This I know about lipos. I run cut offs on top of the normal shut down to be overly careful.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.